BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo's - Which day?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which evening would you be able to make?
Thursday
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Friday [possible rain forcaste]
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
After LittleNose's Holiday
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

littlenose
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked the pics folks Smile I learned a lot from the experience and hopefulyl will be able to get another go at this sometime before winter sets in properly.

Divvy - OK, well, you were still there when we got to box, so i guess we done ok Wink

Biggus, it's a Canon 300D, not the easiest to work with for motorsport, but i think i can pull some good pics out he bag with it [loads of practice at the race track]

If anyone has anything specific in mind in terms of pics of their bikes, then let me know and we'll see what we can manage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the pictures .. they look great and the web site is looking good too..

i'll keep an eye out for the next one i'd love to come along.

its a pitty the only person i recognise is Divvy.. but i suppose as i get to more events and meets i meet more people..

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughie wrote:
the only person i recognise is Divvy..

I'm hurt Spit the dummy Razz

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tinks
Fairy Grandmoderator
Fairy Grandmoderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

The 1st Lady of the forum.
GSEX-SLAPPY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Roughie wrote:

yup every time i look at your pictures i feel the pain .............man your ugly rolling on the floor laughing
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Roughie wrote:

ohhh sorry Duncan ...... I'M BLIND !!!!! Shocked gonna cry

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OI! Mikey. I showed those photos of us lot to that Photografffer bloke I was telling you about. The one that does all the digital stuff who live not a stones throw from you.

Had a few good words to say about your work. Liked some of the stuff on your website. Few pointers where he would have done things different, all you sanppers are the same "artiste darghhlieengh", but genrally good noises.

There was one o me that was a bit under exposed, which he said was the headlight on the bike buggering up the camera's metering. He cleaned it up a bit and came up wiv this

GSEX-SLAPPY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
OI! Mikey. I showed those photos of us lot to that Photografffer bloke I was telling you about. The one that does all the digital stuff who live not a stones throw from you.

Had a few good words to say about your work. Liked some of the stuff on your website. Few pointers where he would have done things different, all you sanppers are the same "artiste darghhlieengh", but genrally good noises.

There was one o me that was a bit under exposed, which he said was the irders face cracking the camera's lens. He cleaned it up a bit and came up wiv this

littlenose
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Bandit

Cheers Barry Smile And thanks for passing on the comments. I hadn't gone so far with the exposure recovery for 2 reasons, 1. i quite liked the lighting that i'd got, in that it was different tot he others, and mad eit look like a twighlight shot, and secondly as I was shooting at a high film speed [due to it being near sun down] i had a LOT of noise, which shows up as a grainy image when trying to claim back light in photoshop.
Oh, and yes it was the headlight causing the exposure to think it was much brighter, but i waas abit nervous already and didn't fancy setting the exposure manually, as then i'd have more chance of getting it completely wrong and looking even more of a ner nerr Embarrassed

Once i've got my trip to France fix, we'll see about getting out again on a Sunday afternoon somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not arguing there. Don't think he uses photoshop, its some other all singing all dancing pro software. I emailed him that image and it came bact within 30 seconds!

I'm no photographer so can't comment on "mood" shots, tho I do like the original. One comment he did make, which after I thought about it makes sense, is that if the shot was panned it would give a greater illusion of spped/movement. As I said I'm not a snapper so can't really comment as technically it probably throws a whole new ball game at the bloke behind the lens.

Would be good to get out and do it again, you could make a few quid at the same time..............as I said before.
littlenose
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
if the shot was panned it would give a greater illusion of spped/movement.
Would be good to get out and do it again, you could make a few quid at the same time..............as I said before.

take a look at the photo's on my website, there's quite a few "panned" on there, but i was way too close to get any decent panning shots.

Happy to go out agian sometime soon, as for making a few quid... it's a hobby, and wouldn't want to make it a chore Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: