BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Events & Runs Forum Guidlines

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Events & Runs Forum Guidlines Reply with quote

These guidelines are here to (try!) and make this a (more) useful forum where the important information is easily at hand, essentially, what is asked is that you please avoid unnecessary posting/spamming.

Guidelines

Events and runs topics...

The Topic Subject: Should state the day and the date & the year

e.g.

Subject: Saturday 12.08.06 - Box Hill to Bury

The body of the first post should include...

--> Start time (maps & post codes for popular destinations are in the meeting places thread)

--> Start place

--> Destination

--> If appropriate tell people the pace of the run

--> Do encourage people to add their name to a list of attendeés

--> Make it clear about anything that will make the run conditional... i.e. if it's subject to weather, clearly state when you will make the decision to pull out - if others are travelling a fair distance to join you it is courteous to make this decision with a reasonable amount of time in hand.

=======================================

Replying to events and runs topics

Firstly, is your reply necessary...? Does it add anything to the thread apart from perhaps humour?

--> If you're going, say so... add yourself to the list

--> If you're not, then don't, unless you are apologising for not being able to attend having previously said you are going

--> Feel free to reply whether going or not with anything useful for those organising or attending the run e.g. if you know of a road closure/event that might affect the run.

This is not being big brother, just trying to get more of us out more often rather than spending hours wading through posts when we could be riding the f*ckin thing Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group