BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things That Have P#@*ed Me Off Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:

Thanks all for your concern - eases the situation somewhat to know that people care

we all see you as a father figure Laughing

Speedy recovery to Mrs WD and Mrs Wd's mum .
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIRGIN MEDIA ..............AHHHHHHHHHHHH Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil BASTIDS

Nothing but area internet faults ......4 days now .... Twisted Evil
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you sig might be eating up all the neighbourhood bandwidth. And eplipep... spepil... flipply...
Suzibabe
Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
Not really pi$$ed off, but very morose...... Crying or Very sad

Having to curtail our holiday because Mrs WD's mother taken very seriously ill, and now in Intensive Care.

It's not even as if Mrs WD is in the best of health at the mo..... Crying or Very sad

Never nice to hear things like this, let alone have them happen to you. All the very best to both ladies and lots of sympathy for you and yours.
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAFRANCE.............cunch of bunts Evil or Very Mad
Va Va Oops
Va Va Yes yes yes yes!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad to read about Mrs WD the elder - best wishes to both her and her daughter. Hope they both are on the mend soon.
Nomad GSA
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

........after having a a little chat with Scatty mare at Newlands-chance meet, she told me of someones fall or bike drop again...........in the car park.

Well a mate of mine and I then got ready and got on our bikes, he was at the entrane of the car park of Newlands turning left on the A25, I was beside him turning right, a line of cars from the right stopped to let me out as they were turning in to to a bit of dogging, is that the right term to use for walking the dog? Any way, I was in gear and my right foot slipped and ....................'Timber.....Fore' a quarter of a ton of German engineering hits the deck. Shocked I went flying. Bike no damage, on it's side running wheel turning oil from the airbox dripping out. Embarrassed
Could have been worse eh........ Laughing
Tango

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad GSA wrote:
........after having a a little chat with Scatty mare at Newlands-chance meet, she told me of someones fall or bike drop again...........in the car park.

Well a mate of mine and I then got ready and got on our bikes, he was at the entrane of the car park of Newlands turning left on the A25, I was beside him turning right, a line of cars from the right stopped to let me out as they were turning in to to a bit of dogging, is that the right term to use for walking the dog? Any way, I was in gear and my right foot slipped and ....................'Timber.....Fore' a quarter of a ton of German engineering hits the deck. Shocked I went flying. Bike no damage, on it's side running wheel turning oil from the airbox dripping out. Embarrassed

Fekin hell is this a new forum / newlands sport ...2 in one day ... Shocked
Fairy Grandmoderator
Fairy Grandmoderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me not to visit Newlands Wink

The 1st Lady of the forum.
Scrappy
Biggus' whachamacallit
Biggus' whachamacallit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parked the bike up outside the shop, came out and it was lying on it's side. Must have left it on a slight slope and the side stand fell away. Snapped the Mirror off, so I need a new thingy that bolts onto the bars. Guess I was lucky the footboards fold up and it was basically sat on those. So no scratches on the chrome or paintwork. Kinda lucky I guess.

Was just thinking on the way home how I haven't laid it down yet. Typical!

+1
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPs hope all turned out reasonably well. I've always dreaded the Box-hill drop.
Scrappy
Biggus' whachamacallit
Biggus' whachamacallit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spare part (hopefully they understood which bit I need) is only 23 bucks. It's part of the clutch leaver holder thing so I'm hoping that won't be too hard to take off and replace.

+1
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tango wrote:
Nomad GSA wrote:

Fekin hell is this a new forum / newlands sport ...2 in one day ... Shocked

The last 2 times i have been to Newlands i dropped the bike, the 1st time was on a busy sunny weekend full of bikers Embarrassed but boy is it a good way to get attention Big Wink

I won't even mention the time i backed up and bumped into Gupps bike breaking his indicator, Newlands is not a good place for me Embarrassed

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I can't hear you. The Fuckw1t downstairs still thinks he's in Ibiza
Tango

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
What? I can't hear you. The Fuckw1t downstairs still thinks he's in Ibiza

Bastid/ had the same prob, couple of years ago. / You got a PM if you want advice. The little numpty I dealt with ended up in court ... Laughing after the authorities removed his TV and HI/FI Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly p'd off ...just a teeny tiny bit niggled...

4 weeks into my new job as Hospital Service Improvement Facilitator (first time I've worked for a hospital).

Service Improvement team consists of me, my boss (who is also the Cancer Lead and works full-time on that at the moment), her boss (Head of Service Improvement - based in another building and currently off with stress - albeit only short-term), our admin support (aka my lunch buddy), and A N Other Facilitator (currently vacant).

The boss's boss gave us dates, last week, for our monthly team meetings ...to start in May "cos we won't have much to discuss before then" ...and yet the boss has decided that she wants me to present a report on 'our' Rolling Eyes progress to the 18 weeks working group on Wednesday (and I'm out at a seminar all day Tuesday). So, I'm currently throwing some stuff together on 'The Weight of The Wait', a 'league table' of how long patients have waited for treatment (by procedure) over the last 6 months, and where I think we need to focus our attentions 'To Improve The Patient Experience', together with examples of 10 recent patient's experiences of surgery for Carpal Tunnel Decompression and a process map of the current avarage 'pathway' from GP referral to discharge ...and, actually, I think its pretty good...

...what's bugging me a bit is simply that I won't get a proper opportunity to run it by 'the team' (and make any modifications) before I get to present to the operational managers on Wednesday and I'd just sort of been looking forward to working 'in a team' where I wouldn't have to keep 'winging it' by myself all the time...

...moan over

...just needed to get that off my chest before I could carry on working on the Wing It Report....

Thank you for listening
Jam
Forum Fascist
Forum Fascist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to leave bolney (middle of nowhere) this evening to go back home and got as far as the end of the road and realised only my sidelights were working...

checked fuses (and obvious switches!) but something is definitely amiss!

got back to brighton on 1000cc aprilia power tho, so need to go pick up my bike tomorrow when it's light!! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tinks
Fairy Grandmoderator
Fairy Grandmoderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam wrote:
went to leave bolney (middle of nowhere) this evening to go back home and got as far as the end of the road and realised only my sidelights were working...

checked fuses (and obvious switches!) but something is definitely amiss!

got back to brighton on 1000cc aprilia power tho, so need to go pick up my bike tomorrow when it's light!! Evil or Very Mad

2 Thumbs up Result then Laughing

The 1st Lady of the forum.
Chuffster
Knight in Green Armour
Knight in Green Armour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Weather - riding at 05:30 through gale force winds and crappy rain, not a lot of fun.
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Va Va Oops wrote:
Not exactly p'd off ...just a teeny tiny bit niggled...

4 weeks into my new job as Hospital Service Improvement Facilitator (first time I've worked for a hospital).

Service Improvement team consists of me, my boss (who is also the Cancer Lead and works full-time on that at the moment), her boss (Head of Service Improvement - based in another building and currently off with stress - albeit only short-term), our admin support (aka my lunch buddy), and A N Other Facilitator (currently vacant).

The boss's boss gave us dates, last week, for our monthly team meetings ...to start in May "cos we won't have much to discuss before then" ...and yet the boss has decided that she wants me to present a report on 'our' Rolling Eyes progress to the 18 weeks working group on Wednesday (and I'm out at a seminar all day Tuesday). So, I'm currently throwing some stuff together on 'The Weight of The Wait', a 'league table' of how long patients have waited for treatment (by procedure) over the last 6 months, and where I think we need to focus our attentions 'To Improve The Patient Experience', together with examples of 10 recent patient's experiences of surgery for Carpal Tunnel Decompression and a process map of the current avarage 'pathway' from GP referral to discharge ...and, actually, I think its pretty good...

...what's bugging me a bit is simply that I won't get a proper opportunity to run it by 'the team' (and make any modifications) before I get to present to the operational managers on Wednesday and I'd just sort of been looking forward to working 'in a team' where I wouldn't have to keep 'winging it' by myself all the time...

...moan over

...just needed to get that off my chest before I could carry on working on the Wing It Report....

Thank you for listening

Thats a lot of meeting type things you have. Would the money be better spent on some more doctors and nurses?, rather than wasting it on made up jobs, didn't have "Improvement teams" when I were a lad. Then we wouldn't need to spend millions on counting how long patients have to wait. Wink
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching CCTV footage of three thugs walking through a town centre and attacking two teenagers for no reason what so ever, no exchange of words etc at all, one of the thugs just punched one of the teenagers as he passed them, cut a long story short, they took the phone from the dazed teenager who was on all fours, he was in no position to even think about retaliating, you see one of the thugs stab him several times, he died as a result, they attack the other and seriously injure him, it was awful.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
CuseCuse
King of the Nerds
King of the Nerds

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to my bike this morning to see that my chain is loose... and i don't mean a tiny bit, i mean hugely, which considering i checked it last weekend is slightly worrying... so then adjusting the chain in the pouring rain... and then realising that the wheel is now probably mis-aligned, and i have no way of checking (so much for 'be prepared')... then riding through croydon to work wondering if the back wheel doesn't feel right because of the wind and rain or because of alignment Crying or Very sad
Skins
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Watching CCTV footage of three thugs walking through a town centre and attacking two teenagers for no reason what so ever, no exchange of words etc at all, one of the thugs just punched one of the teenagers as he passed them, cut a long story short, they took the phone from the dazed teenager who was on all fours, he was in no position to even think about retaliating, you see one of the thugs stab him several times, he died as a result, they attack the other and seriously injure him, it was awful.

What is this world coming to! Cnuts!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
lost again
Dancing tree frog!
Dancing tree frog!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
what the fuck is this country coming to Twisted Evil how much longer can this go on even when these nutters are caught will the cps take it to court.will the courts give out a sentence to deter others.the day is coming when mob rule will take over.
GSEX-SLAPPY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going out with one of the lads at work today to familiarise myself with what they do only to find he is driving around in a van with brakes that are metal to metal ( Pads f*cked for them that dont know).
Got back to the office and asked to see the service record ...i was shown a spread sheet showing tat it was serviced 8k ago ...i then asked for the Paperwork from the service company ...i got a blank look....ermmm we dont get any .........WTF Shocked
demanded the van be taken off the road instantly and not returned until the brakes had been sorted ...discs too if needed.
Was rather shocked to not only to see the look of horror on the H&S directors face but the immediate response to my demand with the promise that paperwork issue will be looked into and they are now goig to be changing to a more repitable service agent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next
Page 570 of 1104

Jump to: