BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sympathy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have any..............
No
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Only for the Blokes that were being burgled
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

lost again
Dancing tree frog!
Dancing tree frog!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:
Build loads more prisons, forget the TV rooms, games rooms, libraries etc etc. All that is needed is cells with two beds, thin mattresses and a toilet. Lock all prisoners up for 23 hours a day which will keep the staffing costs down, give them one hour exercise in a yard, rain or shine and a shower. Make the prisons a horrible place to go, not the luxury holiday centres that they are at the moment. If someone is sentanced to four years then they do fours years, not the one and a half years as they currently do. There is no 'time off for good behaviour' as there is at the, if you behave badly then your sentance is INCREASED by the governer

There will be plenty of space with the new prisons that judges and magistrates will have the option of sending people to prison again, which they currently don't.

Word will get around all the 'criminal elements' in our society that the holiday period is over, if they commit a crime they can now expect prison again and not the bollox punishments (and i use the term punishments quite wrongly) that is given out at the moment. Also, the prison sentence that they will recieve will be without TV's, PS3's, Gym's, Pool tables etc etc. Just a cell for 23 hours a day.

Where will this money come from to build the new prisons??? How much does crime cost the country, for an initial expence the money will be re-couped from the savings made when crime is reduced. Either that or get rid of the olympics and the ridiculous amount of public money being spent on that could easliy cover the cost.

GORDON BROWN, ARE YOU LISTENING
applause at last someone talking some sense
Va Va Oops
Va Va Yes yes yes yes!!!!
Va Va Yes yes yes yes!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost again wrote:
The Mouse wrote:
Build loads more prisons, forget the TV rooms, games rooms, libraries etc etc. All that is needed is cells with two beds, thin mattresses and a toilet. Lock all prisoners up for 23 hours a day which will keep the staffing costs down, give them one hour exercise in a yard, rain or shine and a shower. Make the prisons a horrible place to go, not the luxury holiday centres that they are at the moment. If someone is sentanced to four years then they do fours years, not the one and a half years as they currently do. There is no 'time off for good behaviour' as there is at the, if you behave badly then your sentance is INCREASED by the governer

There will be plenty of space with the new prisons that judges and magistrates will have the option of sending people to prison again, which they currently don't.

Word will get around all the 'criminal elements' in our society that the holiday period is over, if they commit a crime they can now expect prison again and not the bollox punishments (and i use the term punishments quite wrongly) that is given out at the moment. Also, the prison sentence that they will recieve will be without TV's, PS3's, Gym's, Pool tables etc etc. Just a cell for 23 hours a day.

Where will this money come from to build the new prisons??? How much does crime cost the country, for an initial expence the money will be re-couped from the savings made when crime is reduced. Either that or get rid of the olympics and the ridiculous amount of public money being spent on that could easliy cover the cost.

applause at last someone talking some sense

Sounds a lot like one in America that I saw on TV fairly recently (quite famous but I've forgotten its name Rolling Eyes )

Must say that I'd consider it a far better way to spend my taxes than on our current system!!

Mouse ...I'd vote for you!!
ardee
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:

Well said that man. I wouldn't even mind my taxes going up a little if it was to pay for the building of said prisions.
Suzibabe
Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep agree with all that. Still think the paedophiles and serial murderers etc should be put down. Twisted Evil
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzibabe wrote:
Yep agree with all that. Still think the paedophiles and serial murderers etc should be put down. Twisted Evil

Idea Yes, absolutely, but what we could do is have them as public executions, and there wil be a charge to go and watch it.

Also it could be viewed on TV. The TV rights could be sold to the highest bidder and it could be viewed on 'pay per view' with all the money raised going to .................. yeap you've guessed it...............BUILD MORE PRISONS Cool
Lil Mush
Silent but violent
Silent but violent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzibabe wrote:
I believe in being allowed to defend your property and yourself, particularly if you're being attacked.

However, stamping on the guy's face and him being killed as a result of his injuries is sickening.

totally agree there. It's one thing to act in self-defense, but once the guy is disarmed / rendered inoffensive, carrying on beating him is just as much of a crime as burgglary... actually I'd say more as we're not talking property anymore but people's lives!
Truck driving Hero
Truck driving Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:

i was going to say that!!! Laughing Laughing
well said luv, totally aggree Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: