BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE database
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we have an ICE database?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firecracker wrote:
Can I join in too?

I would want someone who knew me/cared about me to ring my dad, as delivering the news face-to-face wouldn't be possible in my case...

Agree the difficulty in your situation FC but the old bill here (England) would ring the Police local to your NOK, explain all they know and ask them to deliver the bad news, in some cases this is just not possible but this would always or should always be the way!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Firecracker wrote:
I would want someone who knew me/cared about me to ring my dad, as delivering the news face-to-face wouldn't be possible in my case...

Agree the difficulty in your situation FC but the old bill here (England) would ring the Police local to your NOK, explain all they know and ask them to deliver the bad news, in some cases this is just not possible but this would always or should always be the way!

Brilliant bit of info! Thanks very much for that, Matt - didn't realise that was even possible; definitely sets my mind at ease. We had 2 uniformed officers knock on the door 28 years ago to deliver the bad news about my mum's fatal RTA, and as vividly painful as that memory is, I am grateful to this day for the caring & obvious concern shown by the cops. It made a big difference to have the news delivered compassionately & gently, and helped the healing process: had the news been delivered by phone, we would've taken much longer to accept it & would have been half expecting her to walk through the door for months/years afterwards.

Funny thing is, I still feel sorry for those poor officers - it clearly pained them to have to deliver such awful news to a father & his 2 teenage daughters. Wouldn't wish that task on anyone - you & Martyn have my full sympathy, mate!
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my ICE details on a card in my wallet (same size as a credit card), as the scrap of paper I was carrying got a bit dog eared. It also says recovery by RAC as I don't want the vehicle recovered through the insurance company for something simple like a broken clutch lever and have to pay the excess. Oh, I voted yes, but don't really mind either way. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: