BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things That Have P#@*ed Me Off Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 943, 944, 945 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolling on the floor laughing

Wasn't there, so wouldn't know. Sounded legendary, though! Very Happy
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who just bought my bike.

Took his DAS 2 years ago, hasn't ridden since!!! Nearly dropped it in the driveway, at which point I ran away, I couldn't bear to watch...The bike ain't going to get home without being dropped Sad
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:

Took his DAS 2 years ago, hasn't ridden since!!! Nearly dropped it in the driveway, at which point I ran away, I couldn't bear to watch...The bike ain't going to get home without being dropped Sad

Should have chucked them in with it

Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:

Took his DAS 2 years ago, hasn't ridden since!!!

Shocked In which direction did he depart? I'll be certain to go in the opposite!
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firecracker wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Shocked In which direction did he depart? I'll be certain to go in the opposite!

Thru Esher and Oxshott to the M25...if you see a blue VFR in a ditch, that's him Laughing
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fecking traffic warden starting to issue a ticket on my car outside Dobles this afternoon....

1) 30 seconds after I parked it and
2) while I was still sitting in it rolling a cigarette

Managed to tell him to fuck off before he issued it but can't be legal can it?

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Baloo

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
Fecking traffic warden starting to issue a ticket on my car outside Dobles this afternoon....

If you are parked illegally, funnily enough, it is! I always park around the corner on the side of the road where the accessories shop is parked.
Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Firecracker wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Thru Esher and Oxshott to the M25...if you see a blue VFR in a ditch, that's him Laughing

If I see a blue VFR in a ditch, I'll:
1) call an ambulance for the silly sod
2) make off with said VFR and deliver it back to you where it belongs! Laughing
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baloo wrote:
boudicas wrote:

If you are parked illegally, funnily enough, it is! I always park around the corner on the side of the road where the accessories shop is parked.

nope - totally legal. It was a pay and display designated parking spot litterally 3 feet from the ticket machine. Didn't get the ticket but the bastard tried his best

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
CuseCuse
King of the Nerds
King of the Nerds

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
Baloo wrote:
boudicas wrote:

nope - totally legal. It was a pay and display designated parking spot litterally 3 feet from the ticket machine. Didn't get the ticket but the bastard tried his best

next time remind him that you being from northern ireland, the fact you didnt go running out of your car ASAP is a GOOD sign

Todays top tip - Dont make assumptions about what you dont know
Del boy
CBT'er
CBT'er

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its free to park for an hour should have pushed the button and got a free 1 hour ticket.
By the way you didn't see a white fuel tank for a honda cbf 125 when you were in dobles
Del boy
CBT'er
CBT'er

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

running out of petrol down a country lane what a tit having to walk a mile to with the bike in the dark to a garage Help
crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday really but getting bike clamped whilst in Va Va's parking space and paying £100.00 release fee, even though the parking space is part of her property and she was able to show the clampers the plans to her property with the space clearly marked.
Does anyone know if clamping is legally enforceable in a space where although the landowner is a housing association they have sold the parking space as part of a property. I have read some stuff about a human right to peaceful enjoyment of property, could this be applied?
GSEX-SLAPPY

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the parking space is Va Vas property then it is no longer part of the landlord realm and the clampers have therefore commited trespass and have (i believe ) illegally tampered with your vehicle as i assume Va Va does not contribute towards the employment of the clampers to safegaurd her parking spot....i would have called the police personally.
On the other hand ...if she does make a contribution in some way then it was her duty to pre inform the clampers of her intention to allow a vehicle of a pre described index to park there.

Thats all how i would see it anyhow ....after all if my car was clamped whilst parked in my garage i too would not be able to do anything about it.
crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am of course going to appeal the penalty and endeavour to get a refund.
There are it appears to be, 2 courses of action with the property being a shared ownership (part rent part buy) under the ownership part it is no longer under the realm of the landlord and so therefore they have commited trespass in order to apply the clamp, under the rental part in order to access a property 'a landlord or agent must give a tenant at least 24 hours prior notice in writing (except in an emergency) of such a visit.'so therefore again there is a trespass issue as the parking space is according to the plans part of the property. Although she does pay maintainance on the space so she may well contribute to a scheme to protect her right to use her parking space but there is provision in the conditions of use of the car park for her to call for a clamper van if she finds someone parked in her space.
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't clamping unlawful, if theres not a warning sign clearly visible.
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning signs are posted and visible but previous to last night they didn't carry clamps suitable for clamping a bike and they were trying to clamp Va Va's bike with a car clamp.
Marmalade
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the clamp was not fitted and secured it is not payable.
The person clamping has to by law be sia licenced and registered and have the badge showing at all times, the licence number must be on the reciept which should have been given to you.

The signs must display the rules, charges and a telephone number.
Driving between 2 signs while entering a clamping zone is all that is required, if you don't see them, your tough luck you should look for them in the eyes of the law.

Has the land actually been purchased or rented?
If rented it should have something in the contract about it.

When you write to complain, their internal tell them to sod off dept will write back, telling you to sod off but write to the SIA just to annoy them and also the parking enforcement agency with photos of the area.

Write to the bbc, local papers and anyone else you can think of as someone will usually get their teeth into it.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Just as a final thang, i do in general believe clamping to be a good idea, i have partaken in this hobby a few years ago. Cool

The thing is, just imagine.
You own a business that needs parking for your 50 customers cars so you cant put up a fence or barrier, what do you do to stop people parking there when they have no right to do so?
Strongly worded letter on the screen?
Damage their car and get yourself arrested?
Or maybe a clamping firm that will legally cost them £150 if they choose to take the gamble on saving £3 by not using the local NCP?
Windy
Just call me Janice...
Just call me Janice...

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mosquitos have had me for breakfast, lunch and dinner! poxy things.
Baloo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yob ball. I have just spent 6 hours driving to Bedford and back. 2 of which was trying to avoid Wembley.
crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:

Just as a final thang, i do in general believe clamping to be a good idea, i have partaken in this hobby a few years ago. Cool

You own a business that needs parking for your 50 customers cars so you cant put up a fence or barrier, what do you do to stop people parking there when they have no right to do so?
Or maybe a clamping firm that will legally cost them £150 if they choose to take the gamble on saving £3 by not using the local NCP?

I think that clamping has a place and can definetley be a benefit, if you do for example live near shops and you're constantly arriving home to find some cnut has parked in your car park because they don't want to pay for a meter, or as is the case with the community hall across the road from our local shops where people park again to avoid paying, but this is a quiet cul-de-sac, and as far as I'm aware only residents or guests using a parking space of the resident they are visiting so far have been clamped.
lost again
Dancing tree frog!
Dancing tree frog!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy horse wrote:
Marmalade wrote:

I think that clamping has a place and can definetley be a benefit, if you do for example live near shops and you're constantly arriving home to find some cnut has parked in your car park because they don't want to pay for a meter, or as is the case with the community hall across the road from our local shops where people park again to avoid paying, but this is a quiet cul-de-sac, and as far as I'm aware only residents or guests using a parking space of the resident they are visiting so far have been clamped.
do they not issue residents with permits
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
BarryH wrote:
SCC in their wisdom spreading tar and chippings over the main drag into my road. Its a case of not repairing a shit road surface but covering it up. So now I've got a skidpan with pot holes in it. Should make things interesting. I wonder how many claims they'll get for damaged cars as now the potholes are hard to see. Before one had a fighting chance and could ride/drive around them......bunch of wankers!

Add the one way system in Leatherhead to the list of roads made dangerous by the spreading of tar and chippings. Twisted Evil

..One week later and it's smooth in places already Twisted Evil
crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost again wrote:
do they not issue residents with permits

They do in theory but despite Va Va applying for one when she first moved in no permit has yet been issued (nor has there been any mention of visitors permits until the impromptu residents meeting in the parking area on friday evening)
DaBitch

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plums in suit hire places .............11am appointment ..11.45 they open the doors cos the numpty lost his keys and only 1 out of 3 suits actually there. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 943, 944, 945 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next
Page 944 of 1104

Jump to: