BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So whats made you smile today??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1295, 1296, 1297 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HCMS
Slack Alice/Gay Martian
Slack Alice/Gay Martian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Went into the local bike shop yesterday to look for a second hand bike, ended up ordering a brand new naked Bandit 1250 Very Happy

However, I watched the good ol' Atlantic weather rolling in last night, and got cold feet about having a naked bike. Called him this morning, and explained, and he said, "It's your lucky day. A guy has just cancelled an order for a half faired one, you can have it for £1000 off list price and first service free!"

Now facing the agonising wait for new bike to be registered....80 ft/lbs of torque and new tyres here we come Laughing

Woot! Woot!

Shouldo' stuck with the naked though Wink

Seriously good choice though, enjoy it!

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

100 Mile Cycle for Macmillan on 4th August 13. Please donate if you can!
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PeterSnell
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy horse wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
Went into the local bike shop yesterday to look for a second hand bike, ended up ordering a brand new naked Bandit 1250 Very Happy

However, I watched the good ol' Atlantic weather rolling in last night, and got cold feet about having a naked bike. Called him this morning, and explained, and he said, "It's your lucky day. A guy has just cancelled an order for a half faired one, you can have it for £1000 off list price and first service free!"

Now facing the agonising wait for new bike to be registered....80 ft/lbs of torque and new tyres here we come Laughing

Excellent choice of motorcycle..........Change the tyres at the earliest opportunity though as the tyres fitted as standard to the bandit and horrible, They'll be knackered within 3000 miles which would be ok if they had racetrack levels of grip but they simply don't.

Mouse demolished the oe rubbish in next to no miles, it'd had it's first service and got as far as andorra, 1200 miles or something? And people still say that manufacturers don't put shite tyres on as OE equipment Rolling Eyes

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New MOT Cool

Cheers southern Speed for squishing us in, Now for some hoonage Twisted Evil

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooohh 3 more posts after this one and I will have 1000 posts, Cheerleader
So what irelevant shite can i post somewhere, or shall I bump some more proper out of date threads? Wink

WooHoo, feck you job centre...I'm offski?

"One man can't make a riot, a one man riot is a tantrum"!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the tyres fitted to japanese bikes are japanese spec tyres. I'm not sure what difference this makes to handling and longevity but I do seem to have the opposite opinion of Dunlop tyres as most people here who seem to regard them highly.
It does seem a rather foolish thing for the tyre manufacturers to allow to happen, as it's the only time that you don't get a choice of what rubber to fit and if they worked better I might have replaced them with Dunlops rather than Bridgestones
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backonabike wrote:
So what irelevant shite can i post somewhere, or shall I bump some more proper out of date threads? Wink

.....Just like the other 997 posts..... Wink

Hide behind sofa
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
backonabike wrote:

.....Just like the other 997 posts..... Wink

Yeah fair comment Waki, that's just given me the excuse to write this shite and get one more post Razz

Hide behind sofa

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on then 1 more, you are just itching to get there we can tell........

And for a reasonably sunny day and a Friday afternoon (POETS day and all that)

The forum is rather liveley, as they say, on yer bike!
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh go on then, happy 100 posts to me, Mexican wave Woot! Woot! .

On this day in history this happened.....

July 16, 1910 (Saturday)
In the first public trip of the new "mono-railroad" in New York City fell on its side, injuring at least 14 of the 100 passengers onboard.[2][32]
The Duigan pusher biplane, constructed by the Duigan Brothers (John and Reg) as the first airplane ever built in Australia, was flown by aviator John Robertson Duigan, at their parents' farm at Mia Mia, Victoria.[33]
Voters in Andrews County, Texas, participated in a referendum to decide the county seat. The city of Andrews, rather than Shafter Lake, became the permanent location of county offices.[34]

apparently.
Razz Very Happy
Right that's enough, must go and get some petrol in the TT.

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Biggus, no the suffixes were all crap. I think the reg is something like WG10 KBX or something equally pants.

@ CH and others, cheers for the tyre advice. TBH I'll be a bit nervous putting on the power round corners for the first few weeks, so I'll probably just square them off anyway Very Happy

I wish I could have gone for the naked one, but as I watched the wind, rain and the incessant mist rolling in off the sea yesterday I decided a bit of weather protection was a good thing. My heart said street triple, but in the end I made the sensible decision (Boring.....) Although I think after having owned two underpowered/overweight VFRs the Bandit's gonna feel like a jet engine.

I think I made the right choice. It's going to be daily workhorse as well as weekend toy, so for £5.5k there is just no competition...
lost again
Dancing tree frog!
Dancing tree frog!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
@ Biggus, no the suffixes were all crap. I think the reg is something like WG10 KBX or something equally pants.

@ CH and others, cheers for the tyre advice. TBH I'll be a bit nervous putting on the power round corners for the first few weeks, so I'll probably just square them off anyway Very Happy

I wish I could have gone for the naked one, but as I watched the wind, rain and the incessant mist rolling in off the sea yesterday I decided a bit of weather protection was a good thing. My heart said street triple, but in the end I made the sensible decision (Boring.....) Although I think after having owned two underpowered/overweight VFRs the Bandit's gonna feel like a jet engine.

I think I made the right choice. It's going to be daily workhorse as well as weekend toy, so for £5.5k there is just no competition...

5 and a half k bargin mate and the right choice Very Happy
Lady L
Learner
Learner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy as it was my last messy mayhem session at work with the kids until september Get in! Very Happy
darkdreamsgal
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSK - Woot! Smile

"You must be a lawyer"
"What makes you say that?"
"You've got that sharp, useless look about you"

Yes, they are, and no, you can't Razz
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
crazy horse wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Excellent choice of motorcycle..........Change the tyres at the earliest opportunity though as the tyres fitted as standard to the bandit and horrible, They'll be knackered within 3000 miles which would be ok if they had racetrack levels of grip but they simply don't.

Mouse demolished the oe rubbish in next to no miles, it'd had it's first service and got as far as andorra, 1200 miles or something? And people still say that manufacturers don't put shite tyres on as OE equipment Rolling Eyes

Yes, the tyres are shite. you will need to change them fairly soon. Also, you may find the seat is quite hard. Apart from those two let-downs it is a good bike. I love mine to bits.

(It may be worth while getting another oil filler cap as well - but that's a whole different story!!)
Miss G
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:

Woot!

that's a great way to cheer you up. when do you pick it up?

I’m impressed, I’ve never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.
Miss G
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST:

I know it's really simple, but: cooking dinner with my kids this evening when we eventually got home from after school stuff at around half past six.... one chopping salad, the other one making mini pavlovas....fantastic.

Laughing

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Mouse, the seat is hard. What is it with new bikes and those horrible injection-moulded one piece foam seats...give me the old school 15-layers-of-foam-on-a-metal-base-with-a-faux-leatherette-cover anyday!!!

Miss G, I should pick up new scary monster on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when someone from dealership can fetch it from St Austell for me and get it prepped...

...and yep, it did cheer me up. Some things in life you can't replace, but you can at least compensate your loss with some hooligan activity on our nation's highways and byways Laughing
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backonabike wrote:
Taz wrote:
someones been kicking your back door in dude? what hospital?

I so knew I should have refered to it as the kitchen door Laughing

Or "The Tradesman's Entrance" Shocked
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
You're right Mouse, the seat is hard. What is it with new bikes and those horrible injection-moulded one piece foam seats...give me the old school 15-layers-of-foam-on-a-metal-base-with-a-faux-leatherette-cover anyday!!!

I took mine to 'lee the seat' http://www.vikingvinyl.co.uk/ and he took out all the shite, cheap, hard foam and replaced it with memory foam. Defo makes a difference.

Don't be tempted with a 'gel seat', it is 'memory foam' you need. Ring him and he will explain all the reasons why!!!!

Bit of a long way for you come though, you will have to find his equivalent down your neck of the woods
photo chick
"not so little Emma"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss G wrote:
WMMST:

I know it's really simple, but: cooking dinner with my kids this evening when we eventually got home from after school stuff at around half past six.... one chopping salad, the other one making mini pavlovas....fantastic.

Laughing

Lovely Smile

www.emmadesigns.com
www.myspace.com/emmaporter
Windy
Just call me Janice...
Just call me Janice...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took Mr Windy's mountain bike a couple of miles down the road and back. I'm so unfit but pleased with myself for riding a few miles. I'm sure it'll get easier the more I do it.
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:

Don't be tempted with a 'gel seat', it is 'memory foam' you need. Ring him and he will explain all the reasons why!!!!
hope it's only got a short memory cos i wouldn't want to remember you sitting on me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
The Mouse wrote:

hope it's only got a short memory cos i wouldn't want to remember you sitting on me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
The Mouse wrote:

Liar, you dream about it!!!!
Miss G
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST:

I still can't ride and MOT runs out Monday...

lovely Dunky picked up my bandit this morning and took it to get tested....fixed the bits that needed on the spot, and now I have a new MOT certificate. And all for the price of a packet of (very yummy M&S) cookies!

Thanks Biggus, really appreciate it. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1295, 1296, 1297 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next
Page 1296 of 1523

Jump to: