BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things That Have P#@*ed Me Off Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1040, 1041, 1042 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumble
Drag Racer
Drag Racer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better still come and do my housework, i have a pinny for you to wear! Smile
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT: Insurance renewal is f*cking ridiculous this year Sad robbing wankers

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumble wrote:
better still come and do my housework, i have a pinny for you to wear! Smile

What.. Just the pinny? Pervert! Ballgag
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

Had the same problem last month. Ended up doing A LOT of shopping around and worked out cheaper to split the bikes into separate policies. And shopping around again.

In the end I managed to get it cheaper that way but not as cheap as I'd hoped. NCB don't mean much anymore Sad

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
biggus wrote:

Had the same problem last month. Ended up doing A LOT of shopping around and worked out cheaper to split the bikes into separate policies. And shopping around again.

In the end I managed to get it cheaper that way but not as cheap as I'd hoped. NCB don't mean much anymore Sad

Who did you go with?

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
boudicas wrote:
biggus wrote:

Who did you go with?

For the CB1300 I went fully Comp with Motorcycle Direct Gold (includes breakdown cover and legal assistance). For the Scoot I went 3rd Party Fire & theft with as I didn't think fully comp was worth it on a bike that was only worth about £1500 or so.

GoCompare and ComparetheMerekat paid off for me.

Best I could do was to match last years price though and that was with an extra year of NCB

Jay1
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
biggus wrote:

NCD Still works, it would be a LOT more expensive if you didn't have any. You need to remember though that anything beyond 5, sometimes 6 years NCD is pretty much irrelivant as at this point your just have "full" NCD, it doesn't carry on addiing to your discount.

The problem is that premiums accross the board are increasing dramatically. The biggest cause of this is down to uninsured drivers and personal injury claims. These 2 things cost the insurance industry ridiculous amounts of money. In particular the injury thing which in the last 2 years has gone absolutely mental.

It seems that pretty much every car crash these days results in whiplash, and pretty much every car on the road has more than 1 occupant that is injured. Despite cars being safer than ever, more and more people are getting "hurt". People are just in for a quick quid, but don't realise the overall effect that it has on everyone.

I have no issue with genuine injured people seeking justified compensation, however, the number of claims I see where a car has been hit in the rear at <5 mph, with no visible damage, and 4 or 5 people then claim for whiplash plus costs, it's just crazy. That type of claim will cost the insurer around £12-£15000, and results from an accident where there is less that £1000 vehicle damage. The trouble with these types of claim is that the court will ALWAYS allow compensation, so even though you know it's bollocks, it's not work defending it as you will lose and the legal costs will sore.

I'm not trying to defend insurance companies as I totally agree that current premium levels are scandalous, and on the whole insurance companies are a bunch of wankers. I'm just trying to add a bit of perspective on the reasons driving the silly premiums.

Twisted Evil Rant over.
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay1 wrote:
boudicas wrote:
biggus wrote:

NCD Still works, it would be a LOT more expensive if you didn't have any. You need to remember though that anything beyond 5, sometimes 6 years NCD is pretty much irrelivant as at this point your just have "full" NCD, it doesn't carry on addiing to your discount.

The problem is that premiums accross the board are increasing dramatically. The biggest cause of this is down to uninsured drivers and personal injury claims. These 2 things cost the insurance industry ridiculous amounts of money. In particular the injury thing which in the last 2 years has gone absolutely mental.

It seems that pretty much every car crash these days results in whiplash, and pretty much every car on the road has more than 1 occupant that is injured. Despite cars being safer than ever, more and more people are getting "hurt". People are just in for a quick quid, but don't realise the overall effect that it has on everyone.

I have no issue with genuine injured people seeking justified compensation, however, the number of claims I see where a car has been hit in the rear at <5 mph, with no visible damage, and 4 or 5 people then claim for whiplash plus costs, it's just crazy. That type of claim will cost the insurer around £12-£15000, and results from an accident where there is less that £1000 vehicle damage. The trouble with these types of claim is that the court will ALWAYS allow compensation, so even though you know it's bollocks, it's not work defending it as you will lose and the legal costs will sore.

I'm not trying to defend insurance companies as I totally agree that current premium levels are scandalous, and on the whole insurance companies are a bunch of wankers. I'm just trying to add a bit of perspective on the reasons driving the silly premiums.

Twisted Evil Rant over.

Got to add a +1 to that. Its all the bloody ambulace chasers and "no win no fee" fuckers that are ruining the situation. I know people in N.I that have given up bikes as the premiums are much higher than ours.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
Jay1 wrote:
boudicas wrote:
biggus wrote:

Twisted Evil Rant over.

Got to add a +1 to that. Its all the bloody ambulace chasers and "no win no fee" fuckers that are ruining the situation. I know people in N.I that have given up bikes as the premiums are much higher than ours.

I do wish they'd start nicking people for insurance fraud more often, that's essentially what it is, an the "no win no fee" tossers don't help

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Jay1
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is they can't nick them, as this type of fraud is nigh on impossible to prove. There is medical research which confirms that injuries are "possible" even in low velocity impacts.

If a Claimant presents a medical report which confirms an injury (which they will, as the medical experts are not regulated, and if they start saying there is no injury they wont get their £200.00 for 10 minutes work), then a Judge is going to favour a Claimant with a medical report over a big bad insurance company saying they are commiting fraud and couldn't have possibly been injurred.

The courts are farcically pro-claimant, and until that changes, and the medical experts become properly regulated and audited, the situation isn't going to change. Particularly in a recession climate people are grabbing the quick quid regardless of the overall ethics of it.

Then of course there are the huge fraud rings, that actually set up accidents and invent accidents. Those type are easier to prove as evidence can be gathered. But even if you got rid of all the fraud rings, the problem of every mand and his dog being seriously susceptible to whiplash will not go away.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against a brick wall just hate the phenomenal waste of time when you go thorugh 20 minutes of quoting to be told that the premium is going to be £900 and you have to ground anchor all bikes in the garage Giving you the finger

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Against a brick wall just hate the phenomenal waste of time when you go thorugh 20 minutes of quoting to be told that the premium is going to be £900 and you have to ground anchor all bikes in the garage Giving you the finger

£900 in a locked garage? And they want Ground anchors? FFS

Have you tried one of the comparison websites?

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
biggus wrote:

£900 in a locked garage? And they want Ground anchors? FFS

Have you tried one of the comparison websites?

Yeah... going back to current insurers atm armed with mucho better quoted price from elsewhere... just so draining

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

The Teacher
Cabbage club member #2
Cabbage club member #2

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

Thats what you get for living in chavsville.lol Very Happy

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

It`s All in the wrist.
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£110 tpft for the CB1300 for me Very Happy
keith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going out to clean the bike and finding a flat rear tyre ffs ! Against a brick wall Evil or Very Mad
Wivvy
GrandCnut
GrandCnut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith wrote:
going out to clean the bike and finding a flat rear tyre ffs ! Against a brick wall Evil or Very Mad

It's only flat at the bottom!
keith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true ! the rest of it is still pretty round ! Laughing any suggestions on repairs or what to do to get it to fwr for repair or replacement ?
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith wrote:
true ! the rest of it is still pretty round ! Laughing any suggestions on repairs or what to do to get it to fwr for repair or replacement ?

f you have a car, take the lose wheel in and get it repaired. Maybe get a puncture repair kit with the cannisters that inflate the tyre after you have plugged it. Don't know where you are but Southern Speed may be able to help if you are in that area. Hope you get it sorted.

WooHoo, feck you job centre...I'm offski?

"One man can't make a riot, a one man riot is a tantrum"!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
Wivvy
GrandCnut
GrandCnut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith wrote:

tony vtr
Can't make his 'kin mind up
Can't make his 'kin mind up

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tis good stuff i agree!

BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bacon it. Don't know where you are but Southern Speed may be able to help if you are in that area. Hope you get it sorted.[/quote]

Under "Location" it says Epsom. I think thats a pretty big hint! Laughing

Take the wheel off and any decent tyre place will be able to repair it. Depends whats punctured it as to wether it'll need a rplacement tyre.
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got caught by a speed scamera today. My own fault I knew it was there. Its never gone off before when I've been through it. Wait to see if I get an NIP through the door... It'll be the first endorsement on the licence in 20 odd years. Do they still accept the old green license?
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
I got caught by a speed scamera today. My own fault I knew it was there. Its never gone off before when I've been through it. Wait to see if I get an NIP through the door... It'll be the first endorsement on the licence in 20 odd years. Do they still accept the old green license?

I have the old paper pink licence, it came back from the court amended in biro .
"Fluffy"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
BarryH wrote:

I have the old paper pink licence, it came back from the court amended in biro .

Ditto Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1040, 1041, 1042 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next
Page 1041 of 1104

Jump to: