BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So whats made you smile today??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1433, 1434, 1435 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss V wrote:
Vast improvement Biggus on how it looked before,

So you're confessing to having been in my bedroom? Wink Laughing that's lit the touch paper on the rumour firework Laughing

Miss V wrote:
I always knew you could do DIY Wink ...

<cue rumours re how I would know that>

Callouses on my right hand are a give away

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss V wrote:
Vast improvement Biggus on how it looked before, I always knew you could do DIY Wink ....
<cue rumours re how I would know that>

well I heard you were told by a couple of the other strumpets on the board, after all your not that type of girl Cool

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
bumble
Drag Racer
Drag Racer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully going to eastbourne airshow on friday,
thats if hopalong is up to it! Rolling Eyes
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millwall fans, the firm/bushwackers or whatevet they call themselves preparing to "protect their manor" (Eltham High st) Confused Laughing anyone else see the irony there, or is it just me?

Good on them though... maybe football louts will consider more their actions in future, one hopes...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST.....?

This article by Max Hastings.....

A few weeks after the U.S. city of Detroit was ravaged by 1967 race riots in which 43 people died, I was shown around the wrecked areas by a black reporter named Joe Strickland.

He said: ‘Don’t you believe all that stuff people here are giving media folk about how sorry they are about what happened. When they talk to each other, they say: “It was a great fire, man!” ’

I am sure that is what many of the young rioters, black and white, who have burned and looted in England through the past few shocking nights think today.

It was fun. It made life interesting. It got people to notice them. As a girl looter told a BBC reporter, it showed ‘the rich’ and the police that ‘we can do what we like’.

If you live a normal life of absolute futility, which we can assume most of this week’s rioters do, excitement of any kind is welcome. The people who wrecked swathes of property, burned vehicles and terrorised communities have no moral compass to make them susceptible to guilt or shame.

Most have no jobs to go to or exams they might pass. They know no family role models, for most live in homes in which the father is unemployed, or from which he has decamped.
They are illiterate and innumerate, beyond maybe some dexterity with computer games and BlackBerries.
They are essentially wild beasts. I use that phrase advisedly, because it seems appropriate to young people bereft of the discipline that might make them employable; of the conscience that distinguishes between right and wrong.
They respond only to instinctive animal impulses — to eat and drink, have sex, seize or destroy the accessible property of others.

Their behaviour on the streets resembled that of the polar bear which attacked a Norwegian tourist camp last week. They were doing what came naturally and, unlike the bear, no one even shot them for it.

A former London police chief spoke a few years ago about the ‘feral children’ on his patch — another way of describing the same reality.

The depressing truth is that at the bottom of our society is a layer of young people with no skills, education, values or aspirations. They do not have what most of us would call ‘lives’: they simply exist.

Nobody has ever dared suggest to them that they need feel any allegiance to anything, least of all Britain or their community. They do not watch royal weddings or notice Test matches or take pride in being Londoners or Scousers or Brummies.

Not only do they know nothing of Britain’s past, they care nothing for its present.

They have their being only in video games and street-fights, casual drug use and crime, sometimes petty, sometimes serious.

The notions of doing a nine-to-five job, marrying and sticking with a wife and kids, taking up DIY or learning to read properly, are beyond their imaginations.

Last week, I met a charity worker who is trying to help a teenage girl in East London to get a life for herself. There is a difficulty, however: ‘Her mother wants her to go on the game.’ My friend explained: ‘It’s the money, you know.’

An underclass has existed throughout history, which once endured appalling privation. Its spasmodic outbreaks of violence, especially in the early 19th century, frightened the ruling classes.

Its frustrations and passions were kept at bay by force and draconian legal sanctions, foremost among them capital punishment and transportation to the colonies.

Today, those at the bottom of society behave no better than their forebears, but the welfare state has relieved them from hunger and real want.

When social surveys speak of ‘deprivation’ and ‘poverty’, this is entirely relative. Meanwhile, sanctions for wrongdoing have largely vanished.

When Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith recently urged employers to take on more British workers and fewer migrants, he was greeted with a horse laugh.

Every firm in the land knows that an East European — for instance — will, first, bother to turn up; second, work harder; and third, be better-educated than his or her British counterpart.Who do we blame for this state of affairs?
Ken Livingstone, contemptible as ever, declares the riots to be a result of the Government’s spending cuts. This recalls the remarks of the then leader of Lambeth Council, ‘Red Ted’ Knight, who said after the 1981 Brixton riots that the police in his borough ‘amounted to an army of occupation’.

But it will not do for a moment to claim the rioters’ behaviour reflects deprived circumstances or police persecution.

Of course it is true that few have jobs, learn anything useful at school, live in decent homes, eat meals at regular hours or feel loyalty to anything beyond their local gang.

This is not, however, because they are victims of mistreatment or neglect.

It is because it is fantastically hard to help such people, young or old, without imposing a measure of compulsion which modern society finds unacceptable. These kids are what they are because nobody makes them be anything different or better.

Rampage: We are told that youths roaming the streets are doing so because they are angry at unemployment, but a quick looks at an apprenticeship website yields 2,228 vacancies in London

A key factor in delinquency is lack of effective sanctions to deter it. From an early stage, feral children discover that they can bully fellow pupils at school, shout abuse at people in the streets, urinate outside pubs, hurl litter from car windows, play car radios at deafening volumes, and, indeed, commit casual assaults with only a negligible prospect of facing rebuke, far less retribution.

John Stuart Mill wrote in his great 1859 essay On Liberty: ‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Yet every day up and down the land, this vital principle of civilised societies is breached with impunity.

Anyone who reproaches a child, far less an adult, for discarding rubbish, making a racket, committing vandalism or driving unsociably will receive in return a torrent of obscenities, if not violence.

So who is to blame? The breakdown of families, the pernicious promotion of single motherhood as a desirable state, the decline of domestic life so that even shared meals are a rarity, have all contributed importantly to the condition of the young underclass.

The social engineering industry unites to claim that the conventional template of family life is no longer valid.

And what of the schools? I do not think they can be blamed for the creation of a grotesquely self-indulgent, non-judgmental culture.

This has ultimately been sanctioned by Parliament, which refuses to accept, for instance, that children are more likely to prosper with two parents than with one, and that the dependency culture is a tragedy for those who receive something for nothing.

The judiciary colludes with social services and infinitely ingenious lawyers to assert the primacy of the rights of the criminal and aggressor over those of law-abiding citizens, especially if a young offender is involved.

The police, in recent years, have developed a reputation for ignoring yobbery and bullying, or even for taking the yobs’ side against complainants.

‘The problem,’ said Bill Pitt, the former head of Manchester’s Nuisance Strategy Unit, ‘is that the law appears to be there to protect the rights of the perpetrator, and does not support the victim.’

Police regularly arrest householders who are deemed to have taken ‘disproportionate’ action to protect themselves and their property from burglars or intruders. The message goes out that criminals have little to fear from ‘the feds’.

Figures published earlier this month show that a majority of ‘lesser’ crimes — which include burglary and car theft, and which cause acute distress to their victims — are never investigated, because forces think it so unlikely they will catch the perpetrators.

How do you inculcate values in a child whose only role model is footballer Wayne Rooney — a man who is bereft of the most meagre human graces?

How do you persuade children to renounce bad language when they hear little else from stars on the BBC?

A teacher, Francis Gilbert, wrote five years ago in his book Yob Nation: ‘The public feels it no longer has the right to interfere.’

Discussing the difficulties of imposing sanctions for mis-behaviour or idleness at school, he described the case of a girl pupil he scolded for missing all her homework deadlines.

The youngster’s mother, a social worker, telephoned him and said: ‘Threatening to throw my daughter off the A-level course because she hasn’t done some work is tantamount to psychological abuse, and there is legislation which prevents these sorts of threats.

‘I believe you are trying to harm my child’s mental well-being, and may well take steps . . . if you are not careful.’

That story rings horribly true. It reflects a society in which teachers have been deprived of their traditional right to arbitrate pupils’ behaviour. Denied power, most find it hard to sustain respect, never mind control.

I never enjoyed school, but, like most children until very recent times, did the work because I knew I would be punished if I did not. It would never have occurred to my parents not to uphold my teachers’ authority. This might have been unfair to some pupils, but it was the way schools functioned for centuries, until the advent of crazy ‘pupil rights’.

I recently received a letter from a teacher who worked in a county’s pupil referral unit, describing appalling difficulties in enforcing discipline. Her only weapon, she said, was the right to mark a disciplinary cross against a child’s name for misbehaviour.

Having repeatedly and vainly asked a 15-year-old to stop using obscene language, she said: ‘Fred, if you use language like that again, I’ll give you a cross.’

He replied: ‘Give me an effing cross, then!’ Eventually, she said: ‘Fred, you have three crosses now. You must miss your next break.’

He answered: ‘I’m not missing my break, I’m going for an effing fag!’ When she appealed to her manager, he said: ‘Well, the boy’s got a lot going on at home at the moment. Don’t be too hard on him.’

This is a story repeated daily in schools up and down the land.

A century ago, no child would have dared to use obscene language in class. Today, some use little else. It symbolises their contempt for manners and decency, and is often a foretaste of delinquency.

If a child lacks sufficient respect to address authority figures politely, and faces no penalty for failing to do so, then other forms of abuse — of property and person — come naturally.

So there we have it: a large, amoral, brutalised sub-culture of young British people who lack education because they have no will to learn, and skills which might make them employable. They are too idle to accept work waitressing or doing domestic labour, which is why almost all such jobs are filled by immigrants.

They have no code of values to dissuade them from behaving anti-socially or, indeed, criminally, and small chance of being punished if they do so.

They have no sense of responsibility for themselves, far less towards others, and look to no future beyond the next meal, sexual encounter or TV football game.

They are an absolute deadweight upon society, because they contribute nothing yet cost the taxpayer billions. Liberal opinion holds they are victims, because society has failed to provide them with opportunities to develop their potential.

Most of us would say this is nonsense. Rather, they are victims of a perverted social ethos, which elevates personal freedom to an absolute, and denies the underclass the discipline — tough love — which alone might enable some of its members to escape from the swamp of dependency in which they live.

Only education — together with politicians, judges, policemen and teachers with the courage to force feral humans to obey rules the rest of us have accepted all our lives — can provide a way forward and a way out for these people.

They are products of a culture which gives them so much unconditionally that they are let off learning how to become human beings. My dogs are better behaved and subscribe to a higher code of values than the young rioters of Tottenham, Hackney, Clapham and Birmingham.

Unless or until those who run Britain introduce incentives for decency and impose penalties for bestiality which are today entirely lacking, there will never be a shortage of young rioters and looters such as those of the past four nights, for whom their monstrous excesses were ‘a great fire, man’.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
WMMST.....?

Nail on the head 2 Thumbs up

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
wivvy's dad wrote:
WMMST.....?

erm excuse me ....you cant say that ...its threatening behaviour and if you continue to do so we will be forced to arrest you , stand you in front of a judge and tell you you cant say that and fine you, but dont worry you wont have to pay the fine because you dont need a job, this country has people called workers to cover that for you ....so be warned
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are an absolute deadweight upon society, because they contribute nothing yet cost the taxpayer billions. Liberal opinion holds they are victims, because society has failed to provide them with opportunities to develop their potential.

14 years of a Labour government and their "liberal opinions", no need to say anything else really. Pity the Scottish twat cost us £10 000 000 000 (10 BILLION) by selling off our gold reserves at rock bottom prices, could have covered the cost of the damage caused by the cnuts brought up under their reign.

Oh well, Conservatives will clear up their shit as always.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liberal, labour,tory ......Taz you need to get your head out of your arse mate ....it doesnt matter who runs this country cos what one party rectifys from the last that same party will fuck us over elsewhere and if you havnt been able to see that over your lifetime then youve lived a very blinkered life.
politics and politicians.....at the end of the day its about damage limitation cos not one of them would or could give everyone everything they want so lets tuck the westministerial soapbox back under the sofa and realise that not one of the parties is going bring back corporal punishment or national service or both which lets face it is about all these mindless louts deserve.

peace out Cool
Mannakin
Learner
Learner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

add to all that a sense of entitlement, that they are being downtrodden and deprived because they can't get off their arse and start the long climb up the employment ladder.

You get nothing in this life without effort and TV celebrity shows and MTV generation are a cancer to their minds.

I have 3 teenage kids - and trying to keep them motivated to go to work and earn their way in life is unbelievably hard at times.
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
liberal, labour,tory ......Taz you need to get your head out of your arse mate ....it doesnt matter who runs this country cos what one party rectifys from the last that same party will fuck us over elsewhere and if you havnt been able to see that over your lifetime then youve lived a very blinkered life.
politics and politicians.....at the end of the day its about damage limitation cos not one of them would or could give everyone everything they want so lets tuck the westministerial soapbox back under the sofa and realise that not one of the parties is going bring back corporal punishment or national service or both which lets face it is about all these mindless louts deserve.

peace out Cool

You're right, none of them will bring back in corporal punishment because we live in a civilised society, someone enlighten me what's been civilised over the last 4 nights? 3 dead last last night having been driven into whilst trying to protect "Their" community. Another critically ill in hospital in Ealing everyone is appalled, so when and who will have the bollox to turn the "discipline" back on and stop the tail wagging the dog?
Baloo
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
wivvy's dad wrote:
WMMST.....?

+1. A good read.
"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass"
Christopher Hitchens

You don't need a parachute to sky dive, only to sky dive twice.
HCMS
Slack Alice/Gay Martian
Slack Alice/Gay Martian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:

peace out Cool

Mostly applause

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

100 Mile Cycle for Macmillan on 4th August 13. Please donate if you can!
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PeterSnell
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz wrote:

14 years of a Labour government and their "liberal opinions", no need to say anything else really. Pity the Scottish twat cost us £10 000 000 000 (10 BILLION) by selling off our gold reserves at rock bottom prices, could have covered the cost of the damage caused by the cnuts brought up under their reign.

Very good Taz, from someone who had a go about FISHING yesterday .. Confused
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the word "liberal" here is nothing to do with politics but the original use of the word meaning the belief in liberty and human rights.
"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass"
Christopher Hitchens

You don't need a parachute to sky dive, only to sky dive twice.
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz wrote:

rolling on the floor laughing

So we just ignore the Thatcher years when the social housing and the family silver was sold off etc............... oh what a short memory the tories have.
Jezza 675
Moto Crosser
Moto Crosser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
Taz wrote:

So we just ignore the Thatcher years when the social housing and the family silver was sold off etc............... oh what a short memory the tories have.

the quite large difference being that the selling of social housing, utilities etc.... was following a political thought the tories had which was that big government was both costly and inefficient where as Brown selling off gold reserves was for no idealogical purpose.
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza 675 wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Taz wrote:

the quite large difference being that the selling of social housing, utilities etc.... was following a political thought the tories had which was that big government was both costly and inefficient where as Brown selling off gold reserves was for no idealogical purpose.

Don't waste your breath, some people complain of short memories with Labour giving us the winter of discontent and unions crippling this country with strikes, I used to love sitting in the dark because the Electricity companies were run by the government sorry unions.

http://bit.ly/oSVVXS

Labour did however manage to exceed themselves on their last reign handing over the biggest national debt this country has seen they must be so proud of themselves. Turning a healthy economy into one of the worse in the world, that's a blinder even by their standards.

A CEO would have been sacked for this type of action yet we still see this idiot on the back benches taking taxpayers money as a wage:

http://bit.ly/nyr6zT

As much as the Tories aren't perfect nor are Labour. I vote for the lesser of two evils however, opinions and arseholes and all that of course.
HCMS
Slack Alice/Gay Martian
Slack Alice/Gay Martian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against a brick wall

F*ck this, I'm off to join http://www.politicsforum.org/ for some peace and quiet.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

100 Mile Cycle for Macmillan on 4th August 13. Please donate if you can!
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PeterSnell
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HCMS wrote:
Against a brick wall

F*ck this, I'm off to join http://www.politicsforum.org/ for some peace and quiet.

Poke

Don't exepct to stir the shit and not get a response then!
Tango

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza 675 wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Taz wrote:

Selling off social housing = buying votes to get elected ..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
Taz wrote:

I call it selective memory ....
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz wrote:
Jezza 675 wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Taz wrote:

Don't waste your breath, some people complain of short memories with Labour giving us the winter of discontent and unions crippling this country with strikes, I used to love sitting in the dark because the Electricity companies were run by the government sorry unions.

http://bit.ly/oSVVXS

Labour did however manage to exceed themselves on their last reign handing over the biggest national debt this country has seen they must be so proud of themselves. Turning a healthy economy into one of the worse in the world, that's a blinder even by their standards.

A CEO would have been sacked for this type of action yet we still see this idiot on the back benches taking taxpayers money as a wage:

http://bit.ly/nyr6zT

As much as the Tories aren't perfect nor are Labour. I vote for the lesser of two evils however, opinions and arseholes and all that of course.

Nice link to a Tory blog - hindsight has 20:20 vision Rolling Eyes

Did good old tory Dame Shirley Porter ever pay back the £37 million she owed the people of Westminster???
Benny130
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:yawn:

This is why we have elections. There is enough bickering from the suits. Now everyone smile and try to have a nice time Very Happy
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OI!!!! This is the WMMS thread, stop talking politics on it, please?? Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1433, 1434, 1435 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next
Page 1434 of 1523

Jump to: