BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I really hope this isn't a joke !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You agree with evicting council tenants convicted of rioting?
Hell Yes !!!
75%
 75%  [ 15 ]
Sort of.....
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Not Really.....
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Fuck NO !!!!!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: I really hope this isn't a joke !!!!! Reply with quote

Could this be the beginning of the end of Britains' Handout culture?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14509902

I really hope so

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I really hope this isn't a joke !!!!! Reply with quote

I really hope it is a joke. IMO it's a cheap shot at positive publicity for any number of "authorities" who are facing demands of positive action from those opposed to the riots. In theory it's a great idea; in practice all it does is jeopardise the chances of the courts ever obtaining a conviction due to the inevitable "leaking" of the defendants' names via the press.

BTW I haven't voted on your poll Wink
keith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they should just stop their benefits, or create jobs to make the fuckers work for them, here's a broom,go and sweep the streets, then you get your giro, if you don't do it you get nothing and , as it work, tax them on it, making them homeless moves the problem and burden elsewhere for some other poor fucker to deal with, at least they know where they are if they leave them where they are.
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith wrote:
i think they should just stop their benefits, or create jobs to make the fuckers work for them, here's a broom,go and sweep the streets, then you get your giro, if you don't do it you get nothing and , as it work, tax them on it, making them homeless moves the problem and burden elsewhere for some other poor fucker to deal with, at least they know where they are if they leave them where they are.

On the create job front, believe it or not in london there is actually plenty of jobs for them to do they just dont want to do it, this is one quick example and does not even use the job centres own site http://www.fish4.co.uk/jobs/search/location-london/areaid-205819/

[/url]
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, great utopian ideas....

Shall we send all rioters bereft of benefits to KLawrence plastering for a job then?

Not having a go, just trying to illustrate a point. Peace
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, another way of looking at it. You run a local, shop. plenty of people come to the shop and regularly buy your stuff from you, Even with a smile Very Happy . Then one day someone comes along and forces you to pay for the items one person wants, because he/she does not have any money.
You agree this time as it is only one person, and it is only a small amount anyway.

Then the next day it happens again but with two people,

Then again the next day with three people,

Soon that very small amount builds up to one huge amount of money.

And people who worked start realising that hang on if I dont try to rise above my "station" and just quit my work I can get loads of FREE SHIT!
Even better than that if i just plop a couple of kids out i can get more money, plus a free house. Oh and after my kids/I have smashed up the local area, the canselll (council in chav speak) will still have to house me.
I make my neighbors lives hell (in some cases) the filth (law) can't touch me, because of my yoomun rights.

All in all a line has to be drawn somewhere, and perhaps the riots/rioters, were the straw that broke the camels back whilst everyone else (majority) has gone enough is enough.
So now we need to get away from the softly softly, naughty step approach of appeasement, and start reflecting on our own actions (society as a whole) and maybe going medieval on their asses is the only way shit like this is going to be sorted.Evil or Very Mad
Benefits and council housing is a privilege NOT a right. The system is there only to help and support for periods of need, not as a substitute for work.
I really do apoligise nosnowking if this comes of as aggressive. Embarrassed

and those who dont get beneifts, just lock them up

[/url]
firestorm
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% behind these plans and think they should also take away any benifits that are being paid out.

And here is the first one..
http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/eviction_notice_handed_to_alleged_rioter
Baloo
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the councils already have this power in some form but only in relation to incidents in the neighbourhood of the council house. I believe the debate now relates to rioters who have travelled out of the area.
"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass"
Christopher Hitchens

You don't need a parachute to sky dive, only to sky dive twice.
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkinnyHulk wrote:

I really do apoligise nosnowking if this comes of as aggressive. Embarrassed

Not taken as such Smile

I do agree with what everyone is saying in theory, and would welcome society as a whole standing up and taking control of these and the other morons which inhabit our country.

I used to live in a flat below one such scumbag council tenant. I called the Police and the council many times because of her, and all they could say was, "We can't do anything, she has a daughter so can't go back to prison." I believe there was a committee of TWELVE(!!!) people who sat once a month to decide what was best for her, and how to keep her out of prison. Meanwhile I suffered having to live in the same block.

I dunno, it needs a massive shift in values across the board, and whilst I applaud the councils for standing up and saying enough is enough by handing out eviction notices, the evictees will simply fall deeper into crime in order to survive. The prison system is chocka with foreign prisoners (don't get me started on that) so what, really will these small measures achieve?
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is time for more prisons to be built and invested in but make them cheaply by not having all of the privilages that many prisons now have, that way it would be ideal for short length prison sentences whereby re-habilitation is not as important as punishing and deterring future offences.

[/url]
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they all really need is to be given an experience which is normally reserved for the most wealthy and privileged people in British society.

Send them to Norway and feed them to the fcuking polar bears!!!
olegit
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

How will it do any good your just moving the problem to somewhere else to and start all over again.
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no send them to sweden they have dignitas

[/url]
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

olegit wrote:
How will it do any good your just moving the problem to somewhere else to and start all over again.

Because it will send messages to other dumbasses that as a society we will not tolerate destruction of homes, business and property. It is called making an example of. Also the law currently says that councils can only evict if they have commited a crime in that district, but what the new proposals mean is that if you committed a crime in the riots, ALL councils/housing associations, can refuse to house you. Therefore the scum are forced into sorting themselves out. A bit of tough love is what is need now. As obviously the current methods do bugger all, as they have "nuffing to lose innit". When actually they do have something to lose. As i said in my previous posts, council houses etc are a privalage and are there to help people who really needed it and will respect them. As per your earlier reply nosnowking about you living below such scum, surely the mother was a prime example of the failure of social services. But that is a whole other rant Very Happy

[/url]
Daryel
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkinnyHulk: Building more prisons is one option, sticking them all in one cell is another... (What do you mean they wont fit??? Push harder)

and I don't think your other comment came on too strong (as I look at my pay deductions Crying or Very sad )

I don't think taking homes away would help at all,
Cutting benefit yes,

If they have a roof over their head and an Iphone on contract they can afford to feed themselves, they are just greedy (and possibly bad at budgeting) and the Government just feed them...
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benefits won't be withdrawn though it will be interesting to see what happens in the eviction cases.. Loads of hearings and appeals making a tidy sum for the Lawyers no doubt.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone of you really believe eviction is going to better the situation?????....that will mean they have to find private accomodation and that costs ....how they gonna fund that......oh yeah ....robbery silly me

as said already PRISON is the answer but with no sky in fact no tv no privelages ....just hard time and like in some states in the USA make em fix our fucking roads .....oh and while we are at it lets take all the tvs and sky and shit and game stations out of the existing prisons and give em to the elderly or childrens wards in hospitals then make the cnuts work too.

maybe the term " dont do the crime if you cant do the time" may have some meaning of retribution
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
does anyone of you really believe eviction is going to better the situation?????

Well Actually.... Yeah.

No laws are having to be changed. The standard terms of tenancy of any council accommodation states that anti-social behaviour can /will result in your tenancy being terminated.

I was lucky enough - and I mean lucky enough - to get council housing about 15 years ago. I honestly appreciate and am grateful of the fact that I have a home to live in and a safe place to sleep at night. So I have no time or sympathy for those who take it for granted or who have no consideration for their neighbours.

As it stands NO LAWS HAVE TO BE CHANGED as it is already within the law to be evicted from "Social housing" aka council accommodation if you are convicted of anti-social behaviour.

Personally, I really hope that these people are evicted if found guilty. Maybe after the first few families are evicted this will put the fear of loosing their home into the other parents and families and will make them actually exhibit some parenting skills.

As far as I am concerned, if people cannot live by societys' rules then they have no claim on what society provides. And as far as rising crime? Make punishment a priority over rehabilitation. Id rather people were scared shitless of going into a prison that is a hell hole that they may not live through. thats why I signed this http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/138 and would recommend that other do too

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
MrE wrote:
does anyone of you really believe eviction is going to better the situation?????

Well Actually.... Yeah.

No laws are having to be changed. The standard terms of tenancy of any council accommodation states that anti-social behaviour can /will result in your tenancy being terminated.

I was lucky enough - and I mean lucky enough - to get council housing about 15 years ago. I honestly appreciate and am grateful of the fact that I have a home to live in and a safe place to sleep at night. So I have no time or sympathy for those who take it for granted or who have no consideration for their neighbours.

As it stands NO LAWS HAVE TO BE CHANGED as it is already within the law to be evicted from "Social housing" aka council accommodation if you are convicted of anti-social behaviour.

Personally, I really hope that these people are evicted if found guilty. Maybe after the first few families are evicted this will put the fear of loosing their home into the other parents and families and will make them actually exhibit some parenting skills.

As far as I am concerned, if people cannot live by societys' rules then they have no claim on what society provides. And as far as rising crime? Make punishment a priority over rehabilitation. Id rather people were scared shitless of going into a prison that is a hell hole that they may not live through. thats why I signed this http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/138 and would recommend that other do too

+1

[/url]
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say put them in stocks in the town centres they vandalised, free issue rotten veg and bricks to home and business owners affected Twisted Evil

Unfortunately, scum will always be scum and evicting them will only move the problem elsewhere. Victorian style workhouses for the work-shy I say.

Of course we are assuming that the looters/rioters were all stereotypical scum, they were not, exclusively from the so called feral underclass.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: