BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toy run survey

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Time of year to be held?
December, Santa run
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Easter bunny run
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
August, summer run
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (state when in thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dont have one at all
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Toy run survey Reply with quote

Please can you help me decide what to do about a Boxhill toy run??????

Please can you add any comments and thoughts below if not covered by the poll questions, thanks in advance

I feel Tadworth Court is still the most deserving cause locally and would like to keep supporting them. However if you feel somewhere else should be considered please state in thread who and why, cheers

Simon Smith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for easter, purely because last December I was playing in the snow in the LandRover!!
Cpt.Slow
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Easter is maybe the safer time of year weather wise for us riders, however does Christmas hold a deeper meaning for the children and their families Confused I suspect Easter chocolate is not suitable for all the sick kids but Christmas gifts can be enjoyed by anyone. Christmas is a more exciting time to my little ones .... just my thought.
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like the idea of the Santa run. It's just more fun, maybe because it's a more special time of year. As slow said, the kids and families are obviously grateful for anything we do for them but a dozen or more santas on bikes is such an awsome sight!

I dont see any reason why we can't do both, and maybe pick a different charity for the Easter run?...
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for a Santa Run in December. Yes there might be weather problems on the odd occasion but its the season for it.

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
southernspeed
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpt.Slow wrote:
I agree Easter is maybe the safer time of year weather wise for us riders, however does Christmas hold a deeper meaning for the children and their families Confused I suspect Easter chocolate is not suitable for all the sick kids but Christmas gifts can be enjoyed by anyone. .

I agree although as we found out last year, the weather can really bugger the plans up!
Maybe keep it as Christmas but just accept that we may have to be more flexible regarding the weather? Tricky one!

www.carshaltonmcc.com
www.surreysportsmotorcycles.com
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deffo Santa run as 1st option..... That then leaves the Bunny run as 2nd option and failing that, a Summer run, where we all dress in swimming trunks and bikini's Wink

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baloo
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that the run is held at somepoint during the year when there is no other event or happening.

As a Godparent, I now send all my Godchildren a gift on 23rd July. It is no birthdate or anything special and I believe, the children love it more as it is an additional calender day to celebrate.

It could still be a themed run, perhaps changing every year. One year cartoon characters, another year Marvel Comic heroes etc etc.
"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass"
Christopher Hitchens

You don't need a parachute to sky dive, only to sky dive twice.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djSharky wrote:
I still like the idea of the Santa run. It's just more fun, maybe because it's a more special time of year. As slow said, the kids and families are obviously grateful for anything we do for them but a dozen or more santas on bikes is such an awsome sight!

I dont see any reason why we can't do both, and maybe pick a different charity for the Easter run?...

i agree with sharkys idea of doing both chrimbo and easter ...that way if chrimbo gets screwed over we can carry it over to easter ...they get choccies and pressies that way ....ahhhh hwat the hell i like marcs idea of a themed run too .....as a summer run .....CAPTAIN CHAOS ...DA DA DAAAAHAHHHH
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Posh and I won't be there this Xmas, we believe that despite the weather and the difficult riding conditions the children deserve all our efforts to make it for the Santa Run, no matter how cold we can be it is nothing compared to the hardship and suffering that the kids and their families go through every day of their lives, so IMHO Santa Run should stay, it is a Boxhill Bikers tradition now don't you think so?
Cheers.
Simon Smith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
Deffo Santa run as 1st option..... That then leaves the Bunny run as 2nd option and failing that, a Summer run, where we all dress in swimming trunks and bikini's Wink

We're trying to help the kids, not scare them to death. Shocked
HCMS
Slack Alice/Gay Martian
Slack Alice/Gay Martian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote both then I can dress up as Santa and as a Bunny Very Happy

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

100 Mile Cycle for Macmillan on 4th August 13. Please donate if you can!
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PeterSnell
KeepItSimple
Speedway Rider
Speedway Rider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Cleber and Sharky.... We had two very successful Santa runs and just because last year didn't go to plan, I don't think we should give up on a Xmas run.

"Treat every stressful situation as if you were a dog: if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away"

"Friendship is like peeing yourself...everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth it brings!"
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definately Santa Run for me, with the Easter ride next as back up as per this/last year. Wink
Baloo
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but was there not a year when a run was refused because there was already too much going on? Or am I thinking of the Kingston Hospice thing?
"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass"
Christopher Hitchens

You don't need a parachute to sky dive, only to sky dive twice.
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baloo wrote:
Just a thought, but was there not a year when a run was refused because there was already too much going on? Or am I thinking of the Kingston Hospice thing?

Tadworth trust have welcomed us with open arms every year and always so appreciative of our efforts. Every run has always been followed up with a handmade thank you card. When we raised a sum of money (raffle raised) we also got updates on how it was spent, for example two young lads had an outing to speedway as birthday treat.

Last run HCMS and I were lucky enough to be shown around some of the relative living quarters. How reassuring it must be to have someone you know and love close by to help with your rehabilitation process.

The one thing I am very sure of is that when we visit we really do bring some happiness and help to lighten their day, it is truly humbling.

Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baloo wrote:

Yup..... that was Kingston Hospital's paediactric cancer unit..... Must admit some egos/personalities involved with their charity were not that pleasant:?

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: