BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assen GP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Assen GP Reply with quote

Learn'ed dudes, a mate from work has decided that I must break my motorcycling meloncholy and decided that we should take time out for a trip to assen 2013 so need some help advice, so the plan would be:

Tues Folkstone(EuroTunnel) to Calis then ride to Antwerp for an overnight stop (but where? and for how much) from here it's only 3 hrs to Assen (but where and how to stay it needs to be bike friendly and secure and not too far from the circuit) also seems a bit of a waste to just motorway the whole thing so is there anything that is worth seeing or a nice route that is worth taking.. Obviously it's early days but budget is key so costs need to be at a minimum please stick to helpful advice (you can banter on any of my other threads !! Laughing )
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I some routes etc that may be able to help you... leave it with me... Cool

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Assen GP Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
Learn'ed dudes, a mate from work has decided that I must break my motorcycling meloncholy and decided that we should take time out for a trip to assen 2013 so need some help advice, so the plan would be:

Tues Folkstone(EuroTunnel) to Calis then ride to Antwerp for an overnight stop (but where? and for how much) from here it's only 3 hrs to Assen (but where and how to stay it needs to be bike friendly and secure and not too far from the circuit) also seems a bit of a waste to just motorway the whole thing so is there anything that is worth seeing or a nice route that is worth taking.. Obviously it's early days but budget is key so costs need to be at a minimum please stick to helpful advice (you can banter on any of my other threads !! Laughing )

take the motorway then.....and ride at eco friendly pace bud.....chasng the lanes really will pump up the fuel cost ( see what i did there ...pump?.....fuel? )
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Loco, Just looked at the map, I got the location of Spa and Assen mixed up Embarrassed I have nice routes to Spa & sensible accomodation but not for Assen, sorry chap.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to Catalunya, we booked a taxi to take us from the hotel to the circuit - no carrying of helmets, jackets, gloves etc and no worry of bike being knocked over, nicked, interfered with etc etc. Personally... given the choice, I would absolutely do this again.

Accomodation:
Try
http://www.bike-stay.net/

Although, be warned, that "bike friendly" rarely means cheap - mostly I use a variety of hotel search engines, then try the chosen hotel direct and through different booking sites to see where the best price is available & also that there is sensible bike parking. City centre generally means spenny, although weigh that up against taxi/public transport/shanks pony to find somewhere to eat etc etc. Assuming you're using hotels, then book ones that have a late cancellation then you can keep looking for a better deal until pretty much the day you leave.

Consider that Assen, like many circuits "may" offer camping facilities...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Loco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks chaps although I'll keep looking if anyone has advice in the meantime please chip in (Slaps gixxers don't do economy some costs have to be ring fenced Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: