BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assen GP

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Touring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2644
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Assen GP Reply with quote

Learn'ed dudes, a mate from work has decided that I must break my motorcycling meloncholy and decided that we should take time out for a trip to assen 2013 so need some help advice, so the plan would be:

Tues Folkstone(EuroTunnel) to Calis then ride to Antwerp for an overnight stop (but where? and for how much) from here it's only 3 hrs to Assen (but where and how to stay it needs to be bike friendly and secure and not too far from the circuit) also seems a bit of a waste to just motorway the whole thing so is there anything that is worth seeing or a nice route that is worth taking.. Obviously it's early days but budget is key so costs need to be at a minimum please stick to helpful advice (you can banter on any of my other threads !! Laughing )
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I some routes etc that may be able to help you... leave it with me... Cool
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1427

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Assen GP Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
Learn'ed dudes, a mate from work has decided that I must break my motorcycling meloncholy and decided that we should take time out for a trip to assen 2013 so need some help advice, so the plan would be:

Tues Folkstone(EuroTunnel) to Calis then ride to Antwerp for an overnight stop (but where? and for how much) from here it's only 3 hrs to Assen (but where and how to stay it needs to be bike friendly and secure and not too far from the circuit) also seems a bit of a waste to just motorway the whole thing so is there anything that is worth seeing or a nice route that is worth taking.. Obviously it's early days but budget is key so costs need to be at a minimum please stick to helpful advice (you can banter on any of my other threads !! Laughing )


take the motorway then.....and ride at eco friendly pace bud.....chasng the lanes really will pump up the fuel cost ( see what i did there ...pump?.....fuel? )
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Loco, Just looked at the map, I got the location of Spa and Assen mixed up Embarrassed I have nice routes to Spa & sensible accomodation but not for Assen, sorry chap.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to Catalunya, we booked a taxi to take us from the hotel to the circuit - no carrying of helmets, jackets, gloves etc and no worry of bike being knocked over, nicked, interfered with etc etc. Personally... given the choice, I would absolutely do this again.

Accomodation:
Try
http://www.bike-stay.net/

Although, be warned, that "bike friendly" rarely means cheap - mostly I use a variety of hotel search engines, then try the chosen hotel direct and through different booking sites to see where the best price is available & also that there is sensible bike parking. City centre generally means spenny, although weigh that up against taxi/public transport/shanks pony to find somewhere to eat etc etc. Assuming you're using hotels, then book ones that have a late cancellation then you can keep looking for a better deal until pretty much the day you leave.

Consider that Assen, like many circuits "may" offer camping facilities...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2644
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks chaps although I'll keep looking if anyone has advice in the meantime please chip in (Slaps gixxers don't do economy some costs have to be ring fenced Wink )
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group