BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all I really appreciate the support, my test centre is Erith so I'm over over there at around 7 tomorrow. I'll post up tomorrow night how it went. Cheers again all.
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
Thanks all I really appreciate the support, my test centre is Erith so I'm over over there at around 7 tomorrow. I'll post up tomorrow night how it went. Cheers again all.

Good luck mate, remember to relax and JRFT Smile
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how Fu**ed off am I? 1mm of clutch to let out, a split second too late and the boot heard around the world touches the test pad Tarmac!! Cardinal sin! Did I continue I hear you ask? Yes I did finished the test with only 3 minors just to pour salt in the wound lol but who's to say if I'd have made the slalom I wouldn't have cocked up elsewhere instead lol thanks for all your support on here folks! Most appreciated, gotta make a phone call Sunday and get it all rebooked! Not giving up! The ride over to and back from Erith were much better for me though everything is getting smoother and flowing better (I think) but hey as I'm told 20 year bike veterans are still learning everyday so I've got a ways to go yet, now if only I could find a 125 to practice on!!
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
Well how Fu**ed off am I? 1mm of clutch to let out, a split second too late and the boot heard around the world touches the test pad Tarmac!! Cardinal sin! Did I continue I hear you ask? Yes I did finished the test with only 3 minors just to pour salt in the wound lol but who's to say if I'd have made the slalom I wouldn't have cocked up elsewhere instead lol thanks for all your support on here folks! Most appreciated, gotta make a phone call Sunday and get it all rebooked! Not giving up! The ride over to and back from Erith were much better for me though everything is getting smoother and flowing better (I think) but hey as I'm told 20 year bike veterans are still learning everyday so I've got a ways to go yet, now if only I could find a 125 to practice on!!

No worries mate, lost of people here have failed first time, sometimes the nerver get the better of us!! keep on trying and you'll get there... keep practicing on a 125 and take the test on a 500 much easier Posh Bird did it and loved it!! Good luck next time.
Cheers
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!

Gluck Smile

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

[quote="JimmyGallows"]My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing![/quote] Thumbs up

Good Luck Mate!
Willz
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:

Are you taking your mod 1 at Burgess hill tomorrow morning? I'm down there around 9ish for mine, aswell as my mod 2, fingers crossed it's not to wet. Smile
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

Willz wrote:
JimmyGallows wrote:

Are you taking your mod 1 at Burgess hill tomorrow morning? I'm down there around 9ish for mine, aswell as my mod 2, fingers crossed it's not to wet. Smile

Really can't be any wetter than my ride home just now!! Rain God Good luck to you both and keep it smooth in the wet

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:

Good luck...and reeeeelllaaxxxxxx! Very Happy

And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand

How are you enjoying the A4?

Hide behind sofa

Smile

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

Willz wrote:
JimmyGallows wrote:

Hope you're not affected by this? http://www.dft.gov.uk/news/stories/dsa-news-20120531/

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Hide behind sofa

Smile

I'll have you know I drive a very sedate skoda Wink
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Hide behind sofa

Smile

it's part of the appropriately named "VAG" group is it not? Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Hide behind sofa

Smile

it's part of the appropriately named "VAG" group is it not? Laughing

Touché... Very Happy
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well attempt 3 is on Monday @ farnborough. Don't ask what happened in the last one my nerves got the better of me an I made more mistakes between the exercises than actually doing them plus the wind was insane, felt like I was being blown all over the test pad (no excuse I know but it's my only one lol) so on Monday I need to keep my nerves in check and get through it. The most frustrating thing is knowing I can do all the exercises and my nerves getting the better if me. Fingers crossed I'll be ok, got some rescue remedy to help me stay calm. Thanks all for your support can't wait to be on the road!
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
Well attempt 3 is on Monday @ farnborough. Don't ask what happened in the last one my nerves got the better of me an I made more mistakes between the exercises than actually doing them plus the wind was insane, felt like I was being blown all over the test pad (no excuse I know but it's my only one lol) so on Monday I need to keep my nerves in check and get through it. The most frustrating thing is knowing I can do all the exercises and my nerves getting the better if me. Fingers crossed I'll be ok, got some rescue remedy to help me stay calm. Thanks all for your support can't wait to be on the road!

Good luck. Patience is a virtue. Easy to say, but try to relax Smile

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck for today. Let us know how it went Very Happy
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:

I'm with

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

I'm with

+1 - Take care mate and take it slow. You'll look back when you pass and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: