BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Driving in France - Offences and Penalties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Driving in France - Offences and Penalties Reply with quote

http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/driving-in-france/driving-offences/
southernspeed
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty draconian some of those! No breath test kit in car???

www.carshaltonmcc.com
www.surreysportsmotorcycles.com
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southernspeed wrote:
Pretty draconian some of those! No breath test kit in car???

Yeah I noticed that... WTF!? As if having to have a warning triangle, bulb kit and high vis wasn't bad enough...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article in 'Ride' magazine this month states requirement for France is reflective panels on jacket....not high vis, and aimed mainly towards visability after dark. Possible jackets may already have the required amount (150 cm/sq) of reflective material in their design.
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
Article in 'Ride' magazine this month states requirement for France is reflective panels on jacket....not high vis, and aimed mainly towards visability after dark. Possible jackets may already have the required amount (150 cm/sq) of reflective material in their design.

Crazy thing is that it doesn't apply to riders of 125cc bikes, scooters and mopeds blah-blah

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:

I wonder what the stipulation is with pillions obstructing the reflective material on the back of the riders jacket and whether the rule applies to pillions as well?

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
moriwaki wrote:

Crazy thing is that it doesn't apply to riders of 125cc bikes, scooters and mopeds blah-blah

A lot of them don't even have number plates Surprised

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://skimthat.com/2763/controversy-hits-frances-crackdown-on-drink-driving

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
http://skimthat.com/2763/controversy-hits-frances-crackdown-on-drink-driving

Got my two through the post yesterday via EBay for £4.50 but it does make you think what a bunch of what a w***er the French politicians and roads lobby groups really are.

The 1 in 3 fatalities through drink driving, is a French problem, the statistics for UK and Germany are much better but they still expect us to carry them. Confused

All it does is encourage people to have a drink or two and then put their trust in a substandard piece of shite that usually reads inaccurately Rolling Eyes

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Driving with TV monitor in field of vision

That's an interesting one. Many car stereos now (including my own) have the capability to display sat nag as well as play video and tv. So, is that classed as a tv monitor? Does it just need to be switched off, or totally removed from the car? Would be interesting having to rip my head unit out on the eurotunnel crossing Laughing
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
The 1 in 3 fatalities through drink driving, is a French problem, the statistics for UK and Germany are much better but they still expect us to carry them. Confused

It's a whole attitude that needs to change. The number of times I've stopped in France, particularly rural areas and been looked at like a madman when I've declined wine and opted for a coffee, water, or coke just goes to show their general attitude.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

faulksie47
Moto Crosser
Moto Crosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref Breathalyzer self test kits, be warned that many kits for sale on ebay and in the Uk don't comply with the French requirement :-

Quote:
Ethylotest self administered alcohol tester. As it is a legal requirement to carry at least one – which you may use – then you must carry two. Electronic testers are allowed as long as they comply to French ‘NF’ standard. Anything which has EU or EC on it (on its own) is no good.

at the worst you just need to make sure you have the 11 euros or whatever it is, to pay the fine lol.

Ref TV monitors, i thought it was illegal to have a TV screen, switched on and playing, in view of driver whilst driving, in the UK as well ??
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faulksie47 wrote:

Ref TV monitors, i thought it was illegal to have a TV screen, switched on and playing, in view of driver whilst driving, in the UK as well ??

I have no doubt it is illegal, not to mention bloody stupid Smile

Strange though, the head unit I bought has a wire that should be connected to the handbrake switch in such a way that you must apply, release then reapply the handbrake before you can use any kind of video functionality. The American firmware demands this to be the case, however the UK firmware lets you use the video function without the need for such a switch. Mine isn't connected and everything works fine Confused
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faulksie47 wrote:
ref Breathalyzer self test kits, be warned that many kits for sale on ebay and in the Uk don't comply with the French requirement :-

Quote:
Ethylotest self administered alcohol tester. As it is a legal requirement to carry at least one – which you may use – then you must carry two. Electronic testers are allowed as long as they comply to French ‘NF’ standard. Anything which has EU or EC on it (on its own) is no good.

at the worst you just need to make sure you have the 11 euros or whatever it is, to pay the fine lol.

Yup.... Both are 'NF' Standard..... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: