BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any sites with reccommended biker friendly B&Bs?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Touring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Any sites with reccommended biker friendly B&Bs? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any sites that can list / recommend biker friendly accommodation?

Now that the Mrs and I have a suitable bike (custom cruiser), were hoping to start doing the weekend away stuff (B&Bs are) the preference and starting in England and Wales (this year anyway)
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1427

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bike-stay.net/uk/stay_uk.html
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to find anywhere unfriendly!

If you want to garage your bike then you limit your choices, if you're happy to leave it outside chained/disk locked the world is your oyster, although, that said, I would not pic somewhere town centre that did not have out-of-sight parking...

Places I've stayed fairly recently ...

England:
Hare & Hounds,
Bath Rd
Speen,
Newbury, West Berkshire RG14 1QY
01635 521152
http://www.hareandhoundshotel.net/
Useful if leaving on a Friday after work to get you a bit nearer to Wales... Take the super B4494 north from there to Wantage (WATCH FOR DEER ALONG THIS ROAD, THEY ARE RIFE!! Good road though;) )

The Lansdowne
The Strand
Calne, Wiltshire SN11 0EH
01249 812488
http://www.lansdownestrand.co.uk/
Car park is secluded, but cobbled and therefore a little slippy in the rain.

Wales:
The Riverside Hotel
Cinderhill Street,
Monmouth, NP25 5EY
Parking off street in courtyard our of site of main road. Good choice of eateries over the bridge in Town

Rat Trap Inn, Usk - Looks as this has maybe stopped trading, shame Sad

Lion Hotel
Llandrindod Wells
Powys Llanbister LD1 6TN

White Lion Hotel
The Green, Tal-y-bont, Ceredigion SY24 5ER
01970 832 245
Park in front of pub, small village, never had any problems here myself.

The Baskerville Arms Hotel
Hay-on-Wye
Powys HR3 5RZ
01497 820670
http://www.baskervillearms.co.uk/

I often use this link http://hotels.mapchannels.com/ (be sure to put "Birmingham uk" rather than "Birmingham", unless you are planning a stay in Alabama...

I also have lots of complete trips as TomTom itineraries with hotel details etc etc...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also try http://www.thebikerguide.co.uk/
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1427

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

Lion Hotel
Llandrindod Wells
Powys Llanbister LD1 6TN

etc...


is this the one down the road from the chalets
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
biggus wrote:

Lion Hotel
Llanbister
Powys
LD1 6TN

etc...


is this the one down the road from the chalets


Yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did my trip I booked 2 nights in Premier in for 20 a night, it was cheaper than camping!
Ok not usually a glamorus location but if you just want a comfy bed and a bathroom for the night you can't go wrong really. Cool
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group