BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hein Gericke (Update) Saved?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bits and snips..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Hein Gericke (Update) Saved? Reply with quote

"Buyers are being sought for motorcycle clothing and accessory retailers, Hein Gericke (UK) Ltd, which was placed into administration on Monday 30th July 2012. "

Shame if correct - industry seems to be really struggling.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."

Last edited by ninjabob on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would explain why when I have been in their recently, they have had feck all stock in the way of consumables.
Mind you what they did have was expensive Confused

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly this is true. Was only in there at the w/e too.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2012/July/jul3112-hein-gericke-uk-in-administration/

Unfortunately, they've really lost their edge over the past few years. The gear has always been good, and their leathers & Textiles very good VFM & qulaity, but buyers are becoming more discerning now, and want to buy things like Kriega & Ventura, which HG have stopped doing and selling Oxford versions of the Kriega system for example.

Their consumables, such as Oil, used to be £12 for HG Brand 10w semi synth and it's now £22 or more.

With the right products on the shelves at the right prices, they can do well again, but the market place has changed and many are guilty of using shops as fitting rooms to make purchases online from some bloke selling Helmets from his garage and not running an expensive shop.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Sadly this is true. Was only in there at the w/e too.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2012/July/jul3112-hein-gericke-uk-in-administration/

Unfortunately, they've really lost their edge over the past few years. The gear has always been good, and their leathers & Textiles very good VFM & qulaity, but buyers are becoming more discerning now, and want to buy things like Kriega & Ventura, which HG have stopped doing and selling Oxford versions of the Kriega system for example.

Their consumables, such as Oil, used to be £12 for HG Brand 10w semi synth and it's now £22 or more.

With the right products on the shelves at the right prices, they can do well again, but the market place has changed and many are guilty of using shops as fitting rooms to make purchases online from some bloke selling Helmets from his garage and not running an expensive shop.

Shame Sad This is why it's important IMHO to try and support your local shop. You may be able to save a few quid online, but when there's no helmet shops left for you to try on lids, or no bike dealers left for you to test ride bikes, the marketplace will be in a very sorry state indeed.
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

I also believe that their inconsistency with regards to quality, one pair of textile trousers lasted me a year and a half and yet the same "model" i bought after, only lasted 6 months. In this day and age people don't mind paying if its going to last but quite frankly their prices are too high and they don't really cater for the poorer biker (relative I know)

[/url]
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Shame Sad This is why it's important IMHO to try and support your local shop. You may be able to save a few quid online, but when there's no helmet shops left for you to try on lids, or no bike dealers left for you to test ride bikes, the marketplace will be in a very sorry state indeed.

Absolutely... George White being an example, ok they were a shop, but shifting volume at low margins drove more local bike shops & suppliers out of business all because people would go to Swindon, or have a bike delivered to save a few quid.... which brings me onto my pet subject...

[rant]Anyone who downloads music (including legally) rather than buying a CD is contributing to this demise of retail & manufacturing; go ahead, download your shit quality mp3/Crapple iPoo track for 99p, but don't then complain when every third shop in your local high street is boarded up and there's no work since there are no retail shop jobs, no bin collection jobs for the shops, no shop fitting work, no delivery driving jobs, no cd printing jobs, no poster printing, no warehouse jobs, no admin jobs for the shop chains or in the manufacturers or distribution channels, no injection moulding, no manufacture of cd cases etc etc[/rant]

(you can apply this to anything bought from online only retailers to a greater or lesser extent)

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

Absolutely... George White being an example, ok they were a shop, but shifting volume at low margins drove more local bike shops & suppliers out of business all because people would go to Swindon, or have a bike delivered to save a few quid.... which brings me onto my pet subject...

[rant]Anyone who downloads music (including legally) rather than buying a CD is contributing to this demise of retail & manufacturing; go ahead, download your shit quality mp3/Crapple iPoo track for 99p, but don't then complain when every third shop in your local high street is boarded up and there's no work since there are no retail shop jobs, no bin collection jobs for the shops, no shop fitting work, no delivery driving jobs, no cd printing jobs, no poster printing, no warehouse jobs, no admin jobs for the shop chains or in the manufacturers or distribution channels, no injection moulding, no manufacture of cd cases etc etc[/rant]

(you can apply this to anything bought from online only retailers to a greater or lesser extent)

And whilst I see what you are saying and in part agree we do however have the supply and demand side of things whereby every store on the high street quotes a delivery time for a non stock item as up to 14 working days (or more) it is often found that internet suppliers seem to be able to get things to you in a fraction of the time, a lot of the time its just sheer laziness but there are occasions whereby it can be essential to give the business to the guy with the goodies ....how many of us have used weemoto or dave silversinsted of asking southern speed to source a partand wait till he gets it in then travel tohimto collect it etc etc etc .....nothing being inferred here just using ss as an example of a local shop/workshop/supplier
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

You can also apply this to Tesco & Sainsbury with their "Self Checkouts" that have made many staff redundant. Personally I make a stand and refuse to use them on the grounds that if youngsters cannot get a job on the tills in Tesco & Sainsbury were exactly are they going to get a job.

When asked by the Managers in these stores "would I like to use the Self Checkouts" I say "You'll be wanting me to unload the lorry for you next"

summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, just got this on a email!
Very sad, it was my favorate bike shop despite of all that people have said I've always found their customer service very good and the people at the shops very helpful.
Closing Down Sale.
http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been into Purley... General rule of thumb for now is 10% off helmets and 20% off clothing (even if it's already been reduced). A lot of "technical/misc" is 30% off. As much as they can will be cleared in store and the rest will most likely end up.online... the "bargains" for now are sale clothing items that have had and extra 20% knocked off. Of course they may increase discounts further but there's no guarantee of that, or that when they do they'll have your size. Busiest I've seen the Purley store in a long while.. vultures (like me) picking over the bones...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/364273-deal-agreed-for-hein-gericke.html?news_section=253059

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/364273-deal-agreed-for-hein-gericke.html?news_section=253059

Good news (I heard a rumour about it a week or so ago... i do suspect there will be a loss of some stores.)

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolling on the floor laughing an un named buyer......i have the goss from our local manager and personal friend Sam......the "unknown" buyer is .......
the original owners.....Hein Gerricke ( Germany).......HG UK was an independant buisness sold to a buyer by ze germans some time back.....now its failed they are buying it back.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
rolling on the floor laughing an un named buyer......i have the goss from our local manager and personal friend Sam......the "unknown" buyer is .......
the original owners.....Hein Gerricke ( Germany).......HG UK was an independant buisness sold to a buyer by ze germans some time back.....now its failed they are buying it back.

yup, that's about the size of it. Not uncommon practice.

http://www.carolenash.com/insidebikes/bike-news/hein-gericke-uk-saved-by-parent-firm.htm

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

NAGRALI
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MrE"]
biggus wrote:
[quote="nosnowking"

Totally agree. I also note the CONdem party keep banging on how many (4000) jobs have just been created, but they're all low paid minimum wage supermarket jobs with no hr's, no sick pay or holiday pay. So the redundant manager, office worker, person with a proper 35+ hr job etc is supposed to get by on 16 hr's work at a supermarket?!! Get real..... Embarrassed

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bits and snips.. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: