BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So whats made you smile today??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1494, 1495, 1496 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
Brakes on the R are terrifying Shocked and TBH I preferred the slightly softer feel of the standard.

The radial brakes on the R are fantastic & an acquired taste if you're used to (no offence) softer bikes like the VFR's, Bandit & Versys - also might explain my "need to practice stoppies" comment the other day Laughing

You can still loft the rear on the "non R", even me & Alan955 who are both lard arses have had the back up on standard striples Laughing .

nosnowking wrote:
Amazing bike, really, truly, fantastic. I didn't expect it to be so smooth and so powerful right up to the redline. It instantly gives you confidence to lean into corners, and the thing is so manoeuvreable. Love it love it love it! Now I just need to find £5.5 grand Very Happy

They're a fabulous bike & mucho fun.

Is £5.5k for the That's gay pink one? Hide behind sofa

Yep, £5249 for the That's gay pink one with rad cowls and belly pan I think. 2011 model with 7k on the clock. It seems about the going rate for a year old striple from a dealer so I don't feel the need to snap it up straight away. Plus, they offered me pitiful money for my bike as part ex, so I'll sell it privately I think.

One bike I do want to try though before I make a decision is (don't laugh) the new Honda Hairnet. On paper they look identical, so I want to satisfy my curiosity.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
Brakes on the R are terrifying Shocked and TBH I preferred the slightly softer feel of the standard.

The radial brakes on the R are fantastic & an acquired taste if you're used to (no offence) softer bikes like the VFR's, Bandit & Versys - also might explain my "need to practice stoppies" comment the other day Laughing

You can still loft the rear on the "non R", even me & Alan955 who are both lard arses have had the back up on standard striples Laughing .

nosnowking wrote:
Amazing bike, really, truly, fantastic. I didn't expect it to be so smooth and so powerful right up to the redline. It instantly gives you confidence to lean into corners, and the thing is so manoeuvreable. Love it love it love it! Now I just need to find £5.5 grand Very Happy

They're a fabulous bike & mucho fun.

Is £5.5k for the That's gay pink one? Hide behind sofa

Yep, £5249 for the That's gay pink one with rad cowls and belly pan I think. 2011 model with 7k on the clock. It seems about the going rate for a year old striple from a dealer so I don't feel the need to snap it up straight away. Plus, they offered me pitiful money for my bike as part ex, so I'll sell it privately I think.

One bike I do want to try though before I make a decision is (don't laugh) the new Honda Hairnet. On paper they look identical, so I want to satisfy my curiosity.

The hairnet is a good bike also, the gripe certainly on the early ones is they were a bit thirsty and had quite a small tank.

I've only ridden the older Hornets (soft tuned CBR600F variants) rather than the newer less detuned RR derived ones. A fair bike for comparison imo.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Willz
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally sorted out insurance on the SV, just hope the weathers good enough for a ride tomorrow after work. Busa Burnout
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy on a gixxer this morning bullied me out of the way at the lights, and proceeded to desperately try and get a knee down on every single corner. What made me smile was the full comedy double take he did when 2 miles down the road at the lights he still had mirrors full of versys complete with top box Laughing
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Guy on a gixxer this morning bullied me out of the way at the lights, and proceeded to desperately try and get a knee down on every single corner. What made me smile was the full comedy double take he did when 2 miles down the road at the lights he still had mirrors full of versys complete with top box Laughing

Laughing Chav innit... does make me chuckle Very Happy

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a certain persons bike to Ash and back safely to get gel seat done, bloomin filthy dirty again though Evil or Very Mad

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
Getting a certain persons bike to Ash and back safely to get gel seat done, bloomin filthy dirty again though Evil or Very Mad

was it knee down all the way there and back? Laughing behind hand
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:

The certain person don't mind if the bike is dirty, you don't need to clean it, you have done enought already!!!

This certain person thanks you from the bottom of his heart. Hug
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

summerman wrote:
V wrote:

The certain person don't mind if the bike is dirty, you don't need to clean it, you have done enought already!!!

Already cleaned Laughing

Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
summerman wrote:
V wrote:

Already cleaned Laughing

Nice one Cleber...... As it is done, you can now take the other option and thank her from the heart of your bottom fart Laughing

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
V wrote:
summerman wrote:
V wrote:

Already cleaned Laughing

Nice one Cleber...... As it is done, you can now take the other option and thank her from the heart of your bottom fart Laughing
Couldn't possibly : Embarrassed

V wrote:
Already cleaned Laughing

Thank you again V Hug you didn't have too! Thanks for scrubbing the tyres too! Waving
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as the other halfs scala bluetooth went to the dogs i decided to replace my remaining working one with a set of his and hers BT Midland ones
http://www.midlandradio.eu/midland_bt_city_eva/product_en_187113.aspx

unlike the scala we have these allow, bluetooth or wired MP3, obviously bluetooth to the TomTom rider and bluetooth rider to pillion comms....well there had to be a downside didnt there Laughing

oh and upgraded router to one of these

http://www.netgear.com/R6300#

whooooooooooooooooooooooosh Cool
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been given 150soay ewes + lambs +3 rams and 50 odd acres to run as I see fit. So if anyone wants some very nice lamb at a very very reasonable price, eg well under what you would pay at tescos etc, PM me, shall be sending a few off to slaughter at the end of the month.

[/url]
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
Seeing as the other halfs scala bluetooth went to the dogs i decided to replace my remaining working one with a set of his and hers BT Midland ones
http://www.midlandradio.eu/midland_bt_city_eva/product_en_187113.aspx

unlike the scala we have these allow, bluetooth or wired MP3, obviously bluetooth to the TomTom rider and bluetooth rider to pillion comms....well there had to be a downside didnt there Laughing)

Have had this set for me and the mrs for about 6 weeks now and have to say I love it. Crystal Clear rider to pillion comms and perfect clarity getting the instructions and warnings from the tome tom. I did have to turn off the vox though as I just found it annoying picking up the wind noise from the Mrs Lid.

And for once, the advertised of 200 meters range between headsets seems to be very accurate.

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkinnyHulk wrote:
Just been given 150soay ewes + lambs +3 rams and 50 odd acres to run as I see fit. So if anyone wants some very nice lamb at a very very reasonable price, eg well under what you would pay at tescos etc, PM me, shall be sending a few off to slaughter at the end of the month.

Ewe just become a pimp!!! Twisted Evil

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkinnyHulk wrote:

Give me 3 months to make some freezer space and you may be talking Wink

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in my leathers ..... Big Biggrin

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughie wrote:

S & M Twisted Evil

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ_DJ wrote:
Roughie wrote:

S & M Twisted Evil

Ohh yes please Smile

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
Lucky7
Learner
Learner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Wink
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booking my Eurotunnel tickets for a me and a mate for a three day rideout in France.

Calais
Le Havre
Reims
Calais

via the windy road function on my TomTom Urban Rider.

Can wait
Cool Smile Smile Smile
chaz
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this as a newbie at quarter to 2 in the morning.

Never have I seen any sort of link on any forum anywhere about anything about something so positive as what made you smile today...

This forum/you have

Thank you
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airport run at 4am, yep that made me smile as least my sister is going to get some sun! Cool

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST... Got a lot of cool stuff coming up... In no particular order... The forthcoming return of "Summerman" from his Brazillian exile, Triumph Live at Mallory(Music, Camping, Beer & track time - ticks so many boxes for me).... a weekend away (yet to decide where, but have Tom Tom, will travel), and also booked another Bikesafe, which should then pretty much lead straight into starting RoSPa training...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
WMMST... Got a lot of cool stuff coming up... In no particular order... The forthcoming return of "Summerman" from his Brazillian exile, Triumph Live at Mallory(Music, Camping, Beer & track time - ticks so many boxes for me).... a weekend away (yet to decide where, but have Tom Tom, will travel), and also booked another Bikesafe, which should then pretty much lead straight into starting RoSPa training...
Happy For You Mate Smile
2 Thumbs up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1494, 1495, 1496 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next
Page 1495 of 1523

Jump to: