BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoei XR1100

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Shoei XR1100 Reply with quote

I know helmet reviews are highly subjective....but.....

What a POS!

Snug fit lasted all of about a month before the foam all bagged out. About as aerodynamic as a house brick, generally gets buffeted and shaken about by the wind. (I've tried moving the screen on my bike, even taking it off, to no avail. Naked bikes are no better or smoother, so I can't blame it on turbulence from the screen or fairing.)

Then there's the noise, somewhere between a jackhammer and a jet engine in your ears at anything above 60mph.

Every time I turn my head to do a shoulder check it feels like my head's going to be ripped off by the extra drag.

I expected better for a £300 lid. shame helmet shops don't have a wind tunnel you can test them in before you part with your hard earned cash. My £100 Scorpion was infinitely superior!

Rant over... Evil or Very Mad
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a new one too but only used twice so far, I wonder how it is going to behave on the 10 day trip!!! Hopefully not as bad as you are saying it is....
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot...the head vents let in substantial amounts of water when riding in the rain, and the chin vent is large enough to let any and all insect life into the helmet...not fun when you get a mayfly buzzing around in there at 80mph.

Like I said, it's all subjective, but my experience is not-at-all-good verging on piss poor.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried one and prefer my XR1000, think Roughies new lid is an XR1100, although she seemed more interested in telling me about the iridium visor than whether the lid was any good Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah! Bloody fashion victims.....
acid drop
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had my XR1100 for 18 months and have had none of the problems mentioned in the above posts
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acid drop wrote:
had my XR1100 for 18 months and have had none of the problems mentioned in the above posts

Yup, there are happy owners of this helmet everywhere. It's strange how different lids perform according to the individual rider. It may be my own personal expectations, but I am bitterly disappointed.

Anyone want an XR1100 in white, size Medium? Laughing
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Anyone want an XR1100 in white, size Medium? Laughing

Nope, because I got one, Size large from the sinking ship that is Hein Gericke...

I object to paying a premium for a design on a lid (tight git) hence getting a plain one for not much over £200 (with the HG liquidation discount) is a far better buy IMO than one with Dennis the menace/Skull & Cross Bones/Race rep version of the same thing for £430 odd.

Bought the "Race Visor" separately btw...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: