BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday 9th Decemeber

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Sunday 9th Decemeber Reply with quote

Anyone up for a mid morning brekkie at the Oakdene, .....bike will be STW ...arrive at say 10.30am
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, me me me.

It's going to be a balmy 6-8 degrees tomorrow, but dry, so I may venture out on the Suzi. I'm going stir crazy so I need to get out!

Anyone up for a short ride of about an hour before brekkie?
megawatt
Speedway Rider
Speedway Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be out. Not sure where or when?
BanditBaby
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Im new to this Box Hill thing, i fancy a ride out tomorrow, im on a 1250 Bandit.

Can someone meet me at Box Hill and show me the way to Oakdene Cafe which i know to be in Kent......i know its burst down the M25, but there must be a more scenic route?

Michelle
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Michelle, I live near Orpington so it's a bit of a hike over to Boxhill and then back to the Oakdene.
I'm happy to meet at somewhere like Godstone and then take the pretty route to the cafe.
BanditBaby
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

JimBO have PM'd you with some details for meeting.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditBaby and I are meeting at 09:30 at the Shell garage in Godstone.
Anyone else is more than welcome.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pleasure to meet banditbaby and as always a joy to see jimbo , surprise attendee .....Bacon and i dont mean the rashers on the plate.
chuckles, stories and general chit chat was had along with Nom Nom nom brekkie......All good Very Happy Cool
BanditBaby
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Breakfast at Oakdene Cafe Today Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to JimBo for his amazing knowledge of the Kent countryside to Oakdene Cafe. Definitely beat blasting down the M25, map reading or use of a SATNAV. You are a great lead and easy to follow....i look forward to more of the same some time soon.

Well done Mr. & Mrs. E for suggesting this morning, lovely to meet you both.

Paul (i assume also known as Bacon). Sorry Paul i decided to hit Halfords in Redhill and dropped off the roundabout, but thanks for the blast down the A25 it was fab.

Thanks for some great company and laughs all round guys and gals, it was fun.

Very Happy
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakfast at Oakdene Cafe Today Reply with quote

BanditBaby wrote:
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to JimBo for his amazing knowledge of the Kent countryside to Oakdene Cafe. Definitely beat blasting down the M25, map reading or use of a SATNAV. You are a great lead and easy to follow....i look forward to more of the same some time soon.

Well done Mr. & Mrs. E for suggesting this morning, lovely to meet you both.

Paul (i assume also known as Bacon). Sorry Paul i decided to hit Halfords in Redhill and dropped off the roundabout, but thanks for the blast down the A25 it was fab.

Thanks for some great company and laughs all round guys and gals, it was fun.

Very Happy

Whoa whoa whoa ......whats with the Mrs E .....i have no recollection of Mrs E suggesting anything or posting anything ....???? i dont see thanks for Mrs jimbo or Mrs Bacon in there anywhere ....whats this ?????...single out the guy who didnt arrive on a bike eh?
in fact all i recall is Mrs E waking up this morning and saying "oh i fancy brekkie too ill come along"
so we will have none of that sneaking in praise for the girlies m'larky thank you very much, us fellas have to work bloody hard to get our praise and i for one am not going to be sharing any of it lightly.

Laughing behind hand your very welcome
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pleasure to meet you Michelle, and good to catch up with Pete and Paul and that bloody free-loader, that, that, what's her name? Air Kiss .

A very pleasant morning all round. Sorry about the flood Shocked Michelle, but we wouldn't have hit it without the forced detour. My boots don't leak by the way, I think my feet were just cold.

Here's to the next one. Very Happy
BanditBaby
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: I Stand Corrected Reply with quote

You are absolutely right MrE, there were no communications from any Mrs. to be seen. We females have been known to operate in a silence but deadly way, you know very background stuff. LOL.

I therefore give full credit to MrE for Sunday.

That man wall story is hilarious, but very true to life!

MrE, can i tap into your expertise and brillance please? On the look out for a can that really is very annoyingly loud and obnoxious.....any suggestions other than the straight through that was seen on Sun. All ideas welcome.

Jimbo, no need to apologise about the whitewater rafting on two wheels. LOL. Jokes aside, all experiences are good, even challenging ones. It is no one's fault when this country likes to divert road users around the houses.

My only concern was keeping the bike running so it did not stall in the middle of the pond. Glad to learn you have got back on it after your challenges. With that road knowledge, be a waste if you did not.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I Stand Corrected Reply with quote

BanditBaby wrote:
MrE, can i tap into your expertise and brillance please?

rolling on the floor laughing Wink

BanditBaby wrote:
On the look out for a can that really is very annoyingly loud and obnoxious.....any suggestions other than the straight through that was seen on Sun. All ideas welcome.

Megwatt likes making cans...

http://www.boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26187&highlight=weird+cans

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I Stand Corrected Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
BanditBaby wrote:
MrE, can i tap into your expertise and brillance please?

rolling on the floor laughing Wink ... Laughing agreed .......my personal preference has been to take any after market race can and lop off a section to ones required taste, but ensure you have the standard can for mot time, if memory serves me correctly the can you currently have is customisable ( read as butcherable)
BanditBaby wrote:
On the look out for a can that really is very annoyingly loud and obnoxious.....any suggestions other than the straight through that was seen on Sun. All ideas welcome.

Megwatt likes making cans... ...yes he does although most ive seen do look like the specimen we saw on sunday and also require the standard can be kept for mot time Laughing

http://www.boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26187&highlight=weird+cans

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing to consider is thgat by modifying the exhaust you may well alter the way the gases leave the engine which would also require re jetting on carbed bikes or remapping on fuel injected bikes, for instance, my current gsx 1400 has had 4 inches removed from either can, a fast flow air filter installed to help her breath better and a remap of the ecu to equalise the lean fuel mixture the above mods had created,again megawatt probably knows more about it than i do
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I Stand Corrected Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
Megwatt likes making cans... ...yes he does although most ive seen do look like the specimen we saw on sunday and also require the standard can be kept for mot time Laughing

The exhaust on Sunday did look extraordinarily like a MegaWatt special.
I wonder if it was one of his done for an aquaintance. Where are you Alan? Speccy
BanditBaby
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Mmmmm....... Reply with quote

Some very interesting ideas on the can, thanks for that.

What i need to find is an excellent welder that can custom something for me.

Travelling in London is like taking your life into your own hands. I used to have a straight through can on my old bike and it certainly gave me an advantage in that maniac traffic. Roaring up behind our 4 wheeled cousins and created a parting of the waters (or cars) effect, excellent for tailback situations. LOL.

Of course i do not roar up behind old folk, bless them, that would be irresponsible.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your can has a band and rivets around the ends then no welding required, just the ability to cut a straight line through a round peice of metal and drill new holes for re fitting the band. Wink
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
if your can has a band and rivets around the ends then no welding required, just the ability to cut a straight line through a round peice of metal and drill new holes for re fitting the band. Wink
wrap a newspaper round exhaust where youn want to cut an spray with some paint then remove paper an voila you have a straight line Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: