BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dunlop Sportsmart Tyres

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wivvy
GrandCnut
GrandCnut


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 10928

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Dunlop Sportsmart Tyres Reply with quote



Dunlop Site

Cost: £293 - fitted Shocked
Bike: Yamaha R1 2006
Aimed At: fast road/track days

Sales Bumpf:
Imagine youíve just been given the chance to design your own sports tyre. What features would it have? Race-quality grip? Wet-roads predictability? Touring mileage? How about all three features in one tyre? Thatís exactly what Dunlop has achieved in its dynamic new SportSmart.

Multi-Tread gives you high mileage and the confidence to push your bike on wet or dry roads, while Dunlopís unique NTEC system lets you fine-tune the SportSmartís inflation pressure for totally connected track day performance. For supersport and hypersport riders, the SportSmart is quite simply the tyre youíd design for yourself

Benefits:
Tour, road, track: new crossover performance tyre answers every need
NTEC construction acts as a mechanical grip booster at low infl ation pressure for track day use
New construction front and rear derived from ultra-successful D211 GP race tyre
Multi-tread technology front & rear in order to combine high grip and high mileage
Available in all popular sizes

Review:

These came highly recommended from an acquaintance and they are highly praised in the press so i thought I'd give them a try. I've had these on now for a couple of months and have done a track day or two with the usual road hammering.
I can confirm that they are indeed black and round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interested to know what sort of miles you get out of them
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 3352
Location: 48.066895,12.862673

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Roadsmarts on the ZZR and would take a lot of convincing that there is a better tyre for Hyperbikes.
_________________
"Those who understand compound interest are destined to collect it.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Road Runner
TT Racer
TT Racer


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 1112
Location: South Coasters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used sportsmarts at spa last year on my gixer with no complaints,rode to spa and back plus the trackday and still had 3mm of tread left in the centre Cool also done brands GP in the wet and grip was good with plenty of warning when they were getting close to letting go.



_________________
Still fixing bloody motorbikes for my sins !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a set fitted to the Tuono today. Dunlop and several guys on TuonoWorld forum recommend them for the Aprilia. Need them to last beyond the trip to Scotland, so will be keeping an eye on milage and wear.
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group