BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More a goodbye....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wivvy
GrandCnut
GrandCnut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: More a goodbye.... Reply with quote

Farewell one and all, I've decided to focus on track riding in 2013 and beyond and as such have bought a track bike (or two) and trailer and will be getting my kicks on track for the foreseeable future.
Little has kept my interest in road riding of late and I've grown tired of 5am starts and little interest in ride outs that I've organised this year.
Unfortunately, I can no longer justify risking my license nor my health and safety riding my preferred choice of bike on the road nor can I find like minded individuals of equal ability and passion without risking life, limb and a spell in nick.
I'd like to say that the last 5/6/7 years has been a pleasure, but on the whole it's been a chore having to tolerate the majority of you - you know who you are Wink - the rest of you, I've never met you or you have truly become good friends and will remain as such.

I wish you all the utmost in health and happiness for the future!

Wivs out 2 Thumbs up
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: More a goodbye.... Reply with quote

Wivvy wrote:
Farewell one and all, I've decided to focus on track riding in 2013 and beyond and as such have bought a track bike (or two) and trailer and will be getting my kicks on track for the foreseeable future.
Little has kept my interest in road riding of late and I've grown tired of 5am starts and little interest in ride outs that I've organised this year.
Unfortunately, I can no longer justify risking my license nor my health and safety riding my preferred choice of bike on the road nor can I find like minded individuals of equal ability and passion without risking life, limb and a spell in nick.
I'd like to say that the last 5/6/7 years has been a pleasure, but on the whole it's been a chore having to tolerate the majority of you - you know who you are Wink - the rest of you, I've never met you or you have truly become good friends and will remain as such.

I wish you all the utmost in health and happiness for the future!

Wivs out 2 Thumbs up

Going to miss your humour Andy Sad totally understand where your coming from and I bet you'll end up dumping us off with your old man Wink

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Andy. Sorry I won't get the chance to go on another Wivvy run, but I also see where you are coming from. If the geography had been different maybe we could have ridden many more miles together than we have, but I sure has hell enjoyed those we did happy biker .

Maybe see you on a track day in the future, but probably not in the same group Wink .

Cheers mate.
Road Runner
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see you in the fast group one day mate Wink
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
Good luck Andy. Sorry I won't get the chance to go on another Wivvy run, but I also see where you are coming from. If the geography had been different maybe we could have ridden many more miles together than we have, but I sure has hell enjoyed those we did happy biker .

Likewise - enjoy the track Smile

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFR Smile

It's been emotional... I remember the first time meeting you & riding with you 2005(ish)... We were at Cissbury leathers in Findon, who advertised that they were 20 mins from Box Hill, which we both thought was a little optimistic, 30 miles in 20 mins, is an average of 90mph... Me onboard my CB1300 getting my head ripped off and you onboard the 750 S-RAD...

We did it in 18 IIRC btw Wink

I'll miss riding with you chap, may see you on track at some point though... Smile . Sorry I've not had opportunity to ride out with you this year, life/weather/finances/opportunity have a knack of getting in the way sometimes.

Stay in touch fella. Cool

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Madam Busty
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye and good luck Wivvy, good luck for the future and look after yourself Very Happy Xx
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the track Andy, I do understand what you're saying about risking life and limb on the road, I only sorry I never go to go on one of your rides but was looking forward to doing so once I'm back home but hey ho, life goes on and we've got to move on!

Enjoy your new rides and do lets us know when you are around it will be good to see you!

All the best!
Cleber.
Wivvy
GrandCnut
GrandCnut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road Runner wrote:
I will see you in the fast group one day mate Wink

Are you moving up then fella?? Wink
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be missed as the biggest cnut on the forum ! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: