BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alps road trip 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RideOutRob
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Alps road trip 2013 Reply with quote

Alps road trip 2013

The dates of this years trip is Saturday 6th July - Sunday 14th July 2013, the plan is as follows :

Day 1, Saturday 6th. Early start catching the Euro tunnel “time to be decided” to Calais, use of motorways to Prum, twistys onto Cochem then follow the mosel to first overnight stop “hotel to follow”.

Day 2, Sunday 7th. We follow the Mossel to Trier and then head for the B500 in the Black Forest, Germany and then onto our destination “Triberg”, “hotel to follow”.

Day 3, Monday 8th, Off we go to the Vorarlberg, Austria and our first gold award biking road Silvrettastrasse and then onto the second gold award biking road “Gerlos”, our destination is just after this pass “Hinterwaldberg” “hotel to follow”.

Day 4, Tuesday 9th, Our first big one, over Grossglockner and into the Dolomites we go and then onto the famous Passo Giau, our destination is Malga Ciapela, Italy. “hotel to follow”.

Day 5, Wednesday 10th, We’ll take in the spectacular scenery of the Dolomites and fantastic roads and head for Via Freita, just a few miles from stelvio Pass.

Day 6, Thursday 11th, Over Stelvio we go and into Switzerland, so many great passes, Umbrail, Ofen, Fluela, Abula, Oberal and of course my favorite Grimsel. Destination & hotel to follow.

Day 7, Friday 12th, We head for the B500 once again and destination Triberg, Germany. “hotel to follow”.

Day 8, Saturday 13th, Its another play on the famous stretch of the B500 as we head for Vianden, Luxembourg.

Day 9, we should be able to do a few more twistys before picking up the motorway and homeward bound to Calais.

Your going to have to pay particular attention to gobikergo.com and act promptly when I post up hotel details as they’re hard to find with enough room to accommodate us all.

We’ll go through it one stage at a time and when everybody has acted I’ll move on to the next stage and so forth.

This is also being posted in the forum at gobikergo.com so progress can be made there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyNRuS-3pU&feature=player_embedded
RideOutRob
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add guys, I only take six riders, 3 spaces left.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Alps road trip 2013 Reply with quote

RideOutRob wrote:
Day 2, Sunday 7th. We follow the Mossel to Trier and then head for the B500 in the Black Forest, Germany and then onto our destination “Triberg”, “hotel to follow”.

Thought bikes were banned from the B500 at weekends?!

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RideOutRob
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Alps road trip 2013 Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
RideOutRob wrote:

very interested in finding out where that bit of info came from, this will be the forth year in a row i'm doing this and believe me i'm not the only one on the B500 on the sunday.
I'll look into it just incase it's been introduced this year and report back.
RideOutRob
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you that motorcycles are not banned from using the B500 over the weekends.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Alps road trip 2013 Reply with quote

RideOutRob wrote:
biggus wrote:
RideOutRob wrote:

very interested in finding out where that bit of info came from, this will be the forth year in a row i'm doing this and believe me i'm not the only one on the B500 on the sunday.

It's just something I'd heard, hence saying I "thought"... Good to hear that they are not, although, like with all the good roads, weekends are busy. Last time I was in the Black Forest, I was leading Miss V, Yogi, Tango & Moriwaki and went off playing with a fella in a Westfield Cool Kneedown

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RideOutRob
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Alps road trip 2013 Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
RideOutRob wrote:
biggus wrote:
RideOutRob wrote:

It's just something I'd heard, hence saying I "thought"... Good to hear that they are not, although, like with all the good roads, weekends are busy. Last time I was in the Black Forest, I was leading Miss V, Yogi, Tango & Moriwaki and went off playing with a fella in a Westfield Cool Kneedown

your quite right about it being busy over the weekends however we arrive around 4ish and have always had a good run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: