BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things That Have P#@*ed Me Off Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1098, 1099, 1100 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuclear Red wrote:
biggus wrote:
WPMOT: UKIP FFS. Just goes to show how shit the other parties are if this bunch of Yahoos are making such gains...

Its quite easy being a single issue party, they are now going to get quizzed hard by an unfriendly media (I read the BBC didnt even know how to contact them, and really didnt want to, not their brand of politics)

They are however hitting a rich vein if discontent over sovreignty and uncontrolled immigration, Farage likes a pint, seems to be your best mate talking in the pub and the rest of the political landscape are going to have to start taking them seriously (at least for a while)

The mainstream were caught napping, and it's not helped by the recent admission that Labour deliberately "recruited" over 2 million immigrants to bolster their support.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT: Unecessary greed driven redundancies Crying or Very sad

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT: Royal Fail.... Pay a hefty pile of dough for special delivery pre 9am and they deliver 24 hours late, and then take a signature scrawl and don't take the surname and instead punch in the company name what a w***er

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a lot of thinking lately and have decided that I'm going to sell my bike during the summer, and will give up biking for good. I've lost interest due to changes in my personal life and when I do go out there are hardly any national speed limits and too many 30 limits. Crying or Very sad
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintstone wrote:
I've done a lot of thinking lately and have decided that I'm going to sell my bike during the summer, and will give up biking for good. I've lost interest due to changes in my personal life and when I do go out there are hardly any national speed limits and too many 30 limits. Crying or Very sad

Know what you mean Fred Crying or Very sad I've found the recent culls of nationals really annoying too. Sad times Sad

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Flintstone wrote:

Know what you mean Fred Crying or Very sad I've found the recent culls of nationals really annoying too. Sad times Sad

Each to their own I suppose...I certainly don't think that the few national speed limit sign downgrades warrants giving up biking....

I couldn't give up biking as it has become such an integral part of my life... Especially over something as trivial and generic as the national speed limit.

If I am honest I don't understand it Fred but then I rarely do understand things which is why I smile a lot.... Ignorant Bliss Laughing
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed limit signs?... What are they? Twisted Evil
Just ignore them like the rest of us Fred Laughing
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintstone wrote:

You said it yourself on my tenere review..."I miss the DR-Z..."

Obviously you've been biking for a long time, but I can't help feeling that there's more to riding than speed. I've been out and had fun in plenty of 40 and 50 limits, and will continue to do so.

I don't mean to be preachy, and it's your choice, but in light of all the speed limit changes maybe choose a bike suited to our road conditions and save the speed for a track day or two...

Just my tuppence Wink
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintstone wrote:

I feel your pain Fred, sadly due to one reason or another I have failed to ride my bikes more than a handful of times over the last few years , my skill levels have dropped way below what I need to feel comfortable as when I do go out my brain likes to pretend I am still riding everyday and as such I spend most of my time berating myself for not going faster, being offline, not looking up, not looking through not waiting for the apex etc etc etc...and due to an impending possible surgery on my back fingers crossed to once and for all kill my stupid lumbar back pain I have taken the decision to sell my GSXR... BUT I'm not giving up! once sold I'm going to get a street triple, slow right down and start again(yes I know they are not slow but they are upright and the throttle goes both ways) as I won't have the distraction of playing keepie uppie and won't have the need to pretend I'm rossi, I'm hoping this move will restore my love of biking to previous levels... think hard mate, is it what and how your riding that needs to change ?

BTW the bike is going onto Bike Trader this weekend, so if anyone knows anyone looking for a nr mint 3000m blue and white 06 GSXR 750 let me know!
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
Flintstone wrote:

I feel your pain Fred, sadly due to one reason or another I have failed to ride my bikes more than a handful of times over the last few years , my skill levels have dropped way below what I need to feel comfortable as when I do go out my brain likes to pretend I am still riding everyday and as such I spend most of my time berating myself for not going faster, being offline, not looking up, not looking through not waiting for the apex etc etc etc...and due to an impending possible surgery on my back fingers crossed to once and for all kill my stupid lumbar back pain I have taken the decision to sell my GSXR... BUT I'm not giving up! once sold I'm going to get a street triple, slow right down and start again(yes I know they are not slow but they are upright and the throttle goes both ways) as I won't have the distraction of playing keepie uppie and won't have the need to pretend I'm rossi, I'm hoping this move will restore my love of biking to previous levels... think hard mate, is it what and how your riding that needs to change ?

BTW the bike is going onto Bike Trader this weekend, so if anyone knows anyone looking for a nr mint 3000m blue and white 06 GSXR 750 let me know!

you havnt hit an apex SINCE the beginning

Loco

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
Loco wrote:
Flintstone wrote:

you havnt hit an apex SINCE the beginning

Not true, I hit all five on one corner once Wink
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing ....you said it bruv
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a strange biking start to 2013 for me - I have not been that well in 2012 and have done less miles in the last 12 months than I have in any of the last 8 years.

The last time I rode the bike was the end of April on a trip to France with Jimbo and unrelated to the forum.

It was a three day trip -I led and it absolutely pissed down on the Friday, the first day of a three day trip, and I, and probably the ten others would have been quite happy to have turned around at Calais. After a miserable ride down we arrived at our hotel to a hot shower and a change of clothes followed later by a visit to the bar in the evening which caused the banter to start and after a "few" beers and a great meal the world was once again ok.

Saturday was completely different kettle of fish - the roads had dried and we where "game on" for a 130mile+ ride on some of the roads only France can provide - a nice lunch in a riverside café in Amiens followed later by a visit to "The Three Pigeons" in Albert for more beers at the end of the run was capped by a meal in a nice hotel in and then more beers in "The Pigeons" - much banter about the days "near death" experiences was exchanged.

Sunday was breakfast/check out then a lazy start followed by a cross country "no motorways" route back to Calais - great roads - great ride - great fun - great company.

The point of this post is that when you think you have had enough of motorcycling a trip like the one I have just been on can lift your motorcycling spirits and deter thoughts of "giving it all up".

I have good reason to give up motorcycling - for one thing I'm 60 this year (should know better!) - a minor spill whilst my platelet count is low could kill me. Fortunately with weekly self administered injections my count is acceptable and I am not in any immediate danger,

I have never during this time wanted to give up motorcycling - it's a part of my makeup - I can't help it Smile.

I am off to Germany to the Moselle area in four weeks for a longer weekend - three people I know are going and three or more I have never met in my life before - but that's what motorcycling is all about - they will be motorcyclists so share a bond.

People have their reasons for giving up motorcycling and I understand that - but beware though - once you have been a motorcyclist and enjoyed the riding experience it will be in your genes and a part of you will always when you are travelling down that twisty road be saying "I just wish I still had my bike to ride".

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
It has been a strange biking start to 2013 for me - I have not been that well in 2012 and have done less miles in the last 12 months than I have in any of the last 8 years.

The last time I rode the bike was the end of April on a trip to France with Jimbo and unrelated to the forum.

It was a three day trip -I led and it absolutely pissed down on the Friday, the first day of a three day trip, and I, and probably the ten others would have been quite happy to have turned around at Calais. After a miserable ride down we arrived at our hotel to a hot shower and a change of clothes followed later by a visit to the bar in the evening which caused the banter to start and after a "few" beers and a great meal the world was once again ok.

Saturday was completely different kettle of fish - the roads had dried and we where "game on" for a 130mile+ ride on some of the roads only France can provide - a nice lunch in a riverside café in Amiens followed later by a visit to "The Three Pigeons" in Albert for more beers at the end of the run was capped by a meal in a nice hotel in and then more beers in "The Pigeons" - much banter about the days "near death" experiences was exchanged.

Sunday was breakfast/check out then a lazy start followed by a cross country "no motorways" route back to Calais - great roads - great ride - great fun - great company.

The point of this post is that when you think you have had enough of motorcycling a trip like the one I have just been on can lift your motorcycling spirits and deter thoughts of "giving it all up".

I have good reason to give up motorcycling - for one thing I'm 60 this year (should know better!) - a minor spill whilst my platelet count is low could kill me. Fortunately with weekly self administered injections my count is acceptable and I am not in any immediate danger,

I have never during this time wanted to give up motorcycling - it's a part of my makeup - I can't help it Smile.

I am off to Germany to the Moselle area in four weeks for a longer weekend - three people I know are going and three or more I have never met in my life before - but that's what motorcycling is all about - they will be motorcyclists so share a bond.

People have their reasons for giving up motorcycling and I understand that - but beware though - once you have been a motorcyclist and enjoyed the riding experience it will be in your genes and a part of you will always when you are travelling down that twisty road be saying "I just wish I still had my bike to ride".

applause ABSOLUTELY

Well said that man Wink

Flintstone wrote:

Forget the speed limits Fred, it's you company I and many others miss..... happy biker

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Bob. I for one have been a bit up-and-down recently, but the French weekend swung me right back to the top and very nearly over Laughing .
Looking forward to a couple of weeks time happy biker .

Tusky wrote:
Forget the speed limits Fred, it's you company I and many others miss..... happy biker

Absolutely. Come on Fred, lets be 'avin ya!
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tusky"]
ninjabob wrote:

People have their reasons for giving up motorcycling and I understand that - but beware though - once you have been a motorcyclist and enjoyed the riding experience it will be in your genes and a part of you will always when you are travelling down that twisty road be saying "I just wish I still had my bike to ride".[/quo. happy biker

So true .... that
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I have to get a iPad piece of Apple turd. FFS. Sad

Not happy that one of our suppliers have taken the retrograde step of putting their otherwise excellent products into the realms of the wannabe hairdresser/Apple clone market.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

Not happy that one of our suppliers have taken the retrograde step of putting their otherwise excellent products into the realms of the wannabe hairdresser/Apple clone market.

I was an Apple disliker before buying an iPad - beautifully made piece of kit and has totally won me over.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
biggus wrote:

I was an Apple disliker before buying an iPad - beautifully made piece of kit and has totally won me over.

I am sure it's great for whatever you use it for, it's just not an appropriate product for my industry, and I have to buy one just to support this new range of products, I doubt I will use it for anything else. It's basically just a browser that unlike my phone I can't fit in my pocket.

Maybe I'll change my mind, I would have sooner got an Android tablet tbh.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
ninjabob wrote:
biggus wrote:

I am sure it's great for whatever you use it for, it's just not an appropriate product for my industry, and I have to buy one just to support this new range of products, I doubt I will use it for anything else. It's basically just a browser that unlike my phone I can't fit in my pocket.

Maybe I'll change my mind, I would have sooner got an Android tablet tbh.

New thread here : http://www.boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27288

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Loco

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The incredibly sad news, yesterday, of the mad men who killed that soldier in broad daylight.. I'm saddened that in his home country he can become a target for some religious nut with a bullshit excuse for doing it. I say screw them all, bring our troops home let the idiots kill each other off.. this government has a huge amount to answer for, not least for not protecting our own borders but trying to protect everyone else's..I can't imagine the grief this soldiers family will be going through believing he was safe at home base Sad Sad
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
The incredibly sad news, yesterday, of the mad men who killed that soldier in broad daylight.. I'm saddened that in his home country he can become a target for some religious nut with a bullshit excuse for doing it. I say screw them all, bring our troops home let the idiots kill each other off.. this government has a huge amount to answer for, not least for not protecting our own borders but trying to protect everyone else's..I can't imagine the grief this soldiers family will be going through believing he was safe at home base Sad Sad

No matter his job it was an awful thing to happen.

There's an agenda here somewhere that we're probably all benefiting from I expect, and it's probably oil.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Tango

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:

And now the uk tax payer's have to fund their Hospital treatment and prob a life of easy prison ... Rolling Eyes should have finished them off in the street and done us all a fav Confused
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the second time in less than 12 months I've come face to face with someone going the wrong way round Reigate one way system. Really don't know how they manage it... what a w***er

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango wrote:
should have finished them off in the street

I'm glad that they wern't as then they become martyrs to their cause, no matter how sick it seems to the rest of us they would become heroes. The people who would believe that they were justified in the attack on a british soldier may well be more inspired to copy them if they think theres glory to be had. there's far less 'glory' in a jail cell for many many years..... hopefully they'll only be released in a box
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1098, 1099, 1100 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next
Page 1099 of 1104

Jump to: