BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So whats made you smile today??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1516, 1517, 1518 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut


Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 5394

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice eeeeaaaarrrrllllyyyy morning motorcycle ride on my lovely Raptor, a special "made it through the MOT again" present.
Temperature just right, managed to avoid most of the traffic, some great fast sweeping bends and some tight ones requiring rapid direction changes.

The Raptor never fails to amaze me how good it is! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
So many roads, so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
A nice eeeeaaaarrrrllllyyyy morning motorcycle ride on my lovely Raptor, a special "made it through the MOT again" present.
Temperature just right, managed to avoid most of the traffic, some great fast sweeping bends and some tight ones requiring rapid direction changes.

The Raptor never fails to amaze me how good it is! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thumbs up
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish n chip run Very Happy
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter


Joined: 25 Nov 2004
Posts: 3988
Location: .........in another world !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a beadbreaker using the towbar of the landrover and changed both 16" tyres on the scooter (pirelli diablo). happy biker
_________________
It's all down to quality of life !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday's triathlon, great effort people, further race analysis to come but initial results point to a finish of 52nd and 103rd out of 244 starting teams!!! Very Happy
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
Yesterday's triathlon, great effort people, further race analysis to come but initial results point to a finish of 52nd and 103rd out of 244 starting teams!!! Very Happy


2 Thumbs up We're not worthy
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper


Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 11549

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
Yesterday's triathlon, great effort people, further race analysis to come but initial results point to a finish of 52nd and 103rd out of 244 starting teams!!! Very Happy


That's great..... Looking forward to hearing all about it Very Happy
_________________
Boxhill Chippendales Smile

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
Yesterday's triathlon, great effort people, further race analysis to come but initial results point to a finish of 52nd and 103rd out of 244 starting teams!!! Very Happy

Cool
What else MMS......my first ride on a Street Triple R. Very Happy Went with Helen to Hemel Hempstead to collect her 'new' bike. She insisted i take it for a spin, and get fuel, while paperwork was being sorted. Shocked Twin, open, Arrow cans and it is seriously load but i was well impressed. Very Happy
Her old Striple and new. Smile

Btw, it's a 2010 model with 2000 miles on the clock and Helen had a great p/x on the old 28k model. So she's happy. Very Happy
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
V wrote:
Yesterday's triathlon, great effort people, further race analysis to come but initial results point to a finish of 52nd and 103rd out of 244 starting teams!!! Very Happy

Cool
What else MMS......my first ride on a Street Triple R. Very Happy Went with Helen to Hemel Hempstead to collect her 'new' bike. She insisted i take it for a spin, and get fuel, while paperwork was being sorted. Shocked Twin, open, Arrow cans and it is seriously load but i was well impressed. Very Happy
Her old Striple and new. Smile

Btw, it's a 2010 model with 2000 miles on the clock and Helen had a great p/x on the old 28k model. So she's happy. Very Happy


Good aren't they? Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter


Joined: 25 Nov 2004
Posts: 3988
Location: .........in another world !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not sure yet if made me smile but I've just sold my GSR. Had to wait for the money to go through as the transfer of money over the phone can take two hours !
_________________
It's all down to quality of life !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it finally happened. Was screamed at by a car driver because I "refused to reverse my motorbike" so they could carry on up the hill!!
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 car loads of old crap to the tip/charity shop etc. How refreshing. Only thing is, I now have no carpets or furniture Laughing
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
Well it finally happened. Was screamed at by a car driver because I "refused to reverse my motorbike" so they could carry on up the hill!!


I had some twat in a Chelsea tractor demand I back pedal the Pan up hill under the bridge in South Nutfield because they ignored the "Give Way"?! Ermmmm Giving you the finger !!!!!
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut


Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 5394

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
4 car loads of old crap to the tip/charity shop etc. How refreshing. Only thing is, I now have no carpets or furniture Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
So many roads, so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bloody good day in the company of the Gentlemen of the Met Police Bikesafe team at The Warren. Defiantly the best 25 I've spent in a long time. Even the bag of freebies I got was worth more than the cost of the day

Even managed to bump into GT at the lunch. As usual, he was scrounging a free cuppa lol
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut


Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 5394

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
A Bloody good day in the company of the Gentlemen of the Met Police Bikesafe team at The Warren. Defiantly the best 25 I've spent in a long time. Even the bag of freebies I got was worth more than the cost of the day

Even managed to bump into GT at the lunch. As usual, he was scrounging a free cuppa lol

Did this a few weeks ago, and agreed well worth 25. Worth 75 in my opinion.

Fortunately I didn't bump into GT on mine Wink Laughing .
_________________
So many roads, so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 31 Oct 2004
Posts: 6038
Location: climbing out of a big black hole

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:


Fortunately I didn't bump into GT on mine Wink Laughing .
cripes ,,,been to specsavers jimbob Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper


Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 11549

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST. Fitting a Nautilus MSX horn to the GS..... At 139db it will certainly make drivers pay attention Shocked Laughing

12x louder than the standard horn! WD will be very proud of me Wink
_________________
Boxhill Chippendales Smile

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
WMMST. Fitting a Nautilus MSX horn to the GS..... At 139db it will certainly make drivers pay attention Shocked Laughing

12x louder than the standard horn! WD will be very proud of me Wink


Excellent choice my good sir !!!

Biggus fitted one to my CBF a few years ago and it could certainly wake the dead. Had loads of fun on the motorway with it Smile
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper


Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 11549

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
Tusky wrote:
WMMST. Fitting a Nautilus MSX horn to the GS..... At 139db it will certainly make drivers pay attention Shocked Laughing

12x louder than the standard horn! WD will be very proud of me Wink


Excellent choice my good sir !!!

Biggus fitted one to my CBF a few years ago and it could certainly wake the dead. Had loads of fun on the motorway with it Smile



It made Madam jump out of her skin when I first tested it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
_________________
Boxhill Chippendales Smile

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SkinnyHulk
"Brokeback"



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 575
Location: Breathing down your neck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
boudicas wrote:
Tusky wrote:
WMMST. Fitting a Nautilus MSX horn to the GS..... At 139db it will certainly make drivers pay attention Shocked Laughing

12x louder than the standard horn! WD will be very proud of me Wink


Excellent choice my good sir !!!

Biggus fitted one to my CBF a few years ago and it could certainly wake the dead. Had loads of fun on the motorway with it Smile



It made Madam jump out of her skin when I first tested it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


I have one I just cant find a space on the bike to fit the bastard. Got it for my old SV a week before it went bang
_________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper


Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 11549

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkinnyHulk wrote:
Tusky wrote:
boudicas wrote:
Tusky wrote:
WMMST. Fitting a Nautilus MSX horn to the GS..... At 139db it will certainly make drivers pay attention Shocked Laughing

12x louder than the standard horn! WD will be very proud of me Wink


Excellent choice my good sir !!!

Biggus fitted one to my CBF a few years ago and it could certainly wake the dead. Had loads of fun on the motorway with it Smile



It made Madam jump out of her skin when I first tested it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil



I have one I just cant find a space on the bike to fit the bastard. Got it for my old SV a week before it went bang


Extended the brackets to get mine to fit near the top of the forks, where the old dead one was sitting but agreed, not easy to find the space and I had to use a relay and a 25amp fuse Shocked as the GS has a canbus system.
_________________
Boxhill Chippendales Smile

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
WD will be very proud of me Wink


Aye

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 3995
Location: As far away from reality as possible

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking tame on here, no hokey cokiers, no handbags at 50 yards, is everyone getting old or sensible?
_________________
"Deja Moo" the feeling you have heard this Bullshit before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper


Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 11549

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz wrote:
is everyone getting old or sensible?


Yes old and no Speccy
_________________
Boxhill Chippendales Smile

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1516, 1517, 1518 ... 1521, 1522, 1523  Next
Page 1517 of 1523

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group