BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11th January

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: 11th January Reply with quote

its a long shot but pending weather, condition of ongoing ailments and ability to start machine would anyone be interested in joining me for a late brekkie and maybe a trundle after tommorow?
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: 11th January Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
its a long shot but pending weather, condition of ongoing ailments and ability to start machine would anyone be interested in joining me for a late brekkie and maybe a trundle after tommorow?

Where and what time? I might be up for this!
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 11th January Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
Where and what time? I might be up for this!

Ditto. Weather is looking good.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh jesus ....now that is diverse ....i was thinking meet at around 10 at the oakdene cafe allowing for a late brekkie and for any ice or frost to desperse and then maybe a trundle down towards hastings for afternoon chips then trundle back.
who should chime in but my 2 favourite riders, one who like's late starts but lives on t'other side of planet and the other who hates late starts but is reasonably local.
well thats the plan anyway lets ave it.
Loco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off the beer for Jan so I can do 10.00am If i'm late you'll have to wait and them's the breaks Smile so see you there bitches.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most excellent ...ill tie jim to a table if he's in ......he doesnt sit still for too long bless im.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10? days half over Rolling Eyes .

But, looking at the weather forecast, 10 isn't such a bad idea as it's heavy rain early on.

So, see you at 10 in the morning happy biker .
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soooo the state of play is this thus far....electrolytes have done a bunk ....new ones being fed to it now, sat nag being charged as that too is devoid of any atoms as is the headset so that too is on charge and as for me....im in full rest mode now to preserve meself before i need recharging...bloody electric bills gonna suffer this month Laughing
on a good note whilst faffing around in the garage i managed an oil and filter change on the 400 and ...wait for it.....yup she fired up just a shame she isnt ready for the road otherwise id be using her and not the aprilia
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be tempted as long as I don't drink too much tonight. If i'm not there by the time you are ready to leave, don't wait.....sure you wouldn't anyway Laughing

WooHoo, feck you job centre...I'm offski?

"One man can't make a riot, a one man riot is a tantrum"!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 out of 4 attendees including myself ...best turn out of the year.
at 6 am this morning the weather here looked dreadful and i was contemplating calling it off but by 8 the sky had a defining line across it from black to blue, low and behold we had bright skies allday, thanks for the ride guys and once again sorry for the green laneing bit on the way down and the bright sunshine which we rode into. other than that i had a hoot and felt i could push a few boundaries and learn a few more of the falcos quirks ...like wet feet on metal pegs make for no grip lol.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Loco after goodness knows how long. Hope to se a bit more of you this year mate. Nice bike. Also good to see you Pete, and thanks for leading.

I was chuckling to myself as we went down some of the lanes on the first part of the ride, referring back to our conversation before the start. Wink Laughing . I never thought I would enjoy narrow, water and mud filled lanes riding into blinding sunlight, but I did.

All in all a good day happy biker Weather sunny .
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we will have to throw out some monkey nuts on the floor to get the dork with the machine gun to give his version of events Laughing
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a banana will tempt him?
Loco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing alright alright!!

after re-starting the duke from her enforced slumber, I managed to excise myself from bed at some god awful hour (it was like pre-dawn or something....that's 8.00 to most people)
Got my togs on an checked the weather report it was going to be a balmy 9c !! happy days, great I'll get the summer gloves out.. this as it turns out was not the correct decision..
started off fine low speeds sub 40's the gloves were fine, it wasn't until I got on the motorway to cruise at motorway speeds I realised the error of my ways, summer gloves in winter just plain stupid.. and that is that

so arriving for brekkie with the canned age ... err sorry carnage and bingo.. sorry I mean Jimbo was a joy (not least because I could warm my hands up)
promptly guzzled a egg and bacon roll and a rosie lee had a chat then we headed out, amusingly at this point I must point out that we had discussed that there weren't going to be any silly roads more akin to dirt tracks than tarmac, but no-one told canned age so for the first half hour we were dazzled by roads covered with mini streams, mulch and even worse at some points they were so little used they were covered with green alge like substance Shocked add that to the low winter sun creating a blanket black sheet below it's blinding light hiding what was coming up it was ....emotional
after that we got back on real roads.. and the realisation that perhaps putting a Superduke on 'comfort' settings in fact does the complete opposite turning a composed and stable machine in to part bucking bronco over the bumps part wallowing crone (sport road settings to be restored immediately)
none the less we had a good ride down for chippy chips and sausages, I loved the fact Bingo loved to sit back for ages then occasionally buzz me to remind me he thought I was slow (no change there then) Laughing sat on the beach eating said chippy chips and sausages in the MOST beautiful day warm (a heady 9C don't forget) on the beach with no wind no crowds chatted for ages before heading back at this point canned age thought he would have some fun so off he went on familiar roads while I did my best to read the signs and predict the severity of the corners getting every single one wrong (ho-hum again no change) bingo eventually got bored of following me and off he went so bringing up the rear (like a boss I might add) we stopped just shy of the M26 Motorway so Loco (that's me!) could find his way home exchanged goodbyes and off we went after a pretty damn good day out Cool
Then the realisation returned that perhaps summer gloves in winter is just plain stupid..

Thanks for a great day Canned age and Bingo Smile
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the banana would do it! Very Happy
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya gotta luv an honest appraisal. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: