BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what would you like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
Wivvy's place. We can all have a go at sticking needles in his eyeballs for him......oh that would be a great party game..

Laughing Laughing
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a slightly serious note. What this place actually needs is a bit of a refresh. OK so I don't visit that often, but when I do the "General" Forum has the same threads at the top of the page.
There are obviously new users registering yet they are not posting. Why? Because it looks, outwardly, as a private club. I've been looking in now and then and its the same stuff at the top with very few new posts or threads.
Theres no real discussion anymore, just a bit of private banter. Before you can sort an evening meet/gettogether you need actvie members who can actually find out about it.

When, and if, new members do finally arrive it would be a good idea to be all inclusive and nip the playground mentality in the bub. It just got rather tiresome which is why I didn't bother with it after a while and I suspect the same goes for a few others. The willy waving got quite child'ish too.

The rideouts could be quite a bit of fun, but then people got a bit "I'm sick of playing motorcycle conger", yet Wacky did a fair few of his runs and they seemed to be a big hit. They probably did more to boost a newbies confidence more than anything. That, as I can see, was probably the best part of the forum in some ways.

No, as I see it you need to clear all the long running crap threads out of the way and refresh the place.
Who really gives a shit what pissed you off, a load of it is trivial crap anyway and means nothing to anyone reading it. Facebbok thread, why? Put it on bloody Facebook. If not stick it in the Joke bit.
As I said I look in now and then and see the same old rubbish and just go and look somewhere else. There needs to be a bit more of interest. What people are doing where they are going for rides etc. If they post someting up and someone comes along and takes the piss they're obviously not going to do it anymore.

Just a few thoughts. I may be wrong I am normally. But before you sort a social meet you need members who are going to partake in the forum and actually know its happening. I think its just the world we live in.......
Loco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
On a slightly serious note. What this place actually needs is a bit of a refresh. OK so I don't visit that often, but when I do the "General" Forum has the same threads at the top of the page.
There are obviously new users registering yet they are not posting. Why? Because it looks, outwardly, as a private club. I've been looking in now and then and its the same stuff at the top with very few new posts or threads.
Theres no real discussion anymore, just a bit of private banter. Before you can sort an evening meet/gettogether you need actvie members who can actually find out about it.

When, and if, new members do finally arrive it would be a good idea to be all inclusive and nip the playground mentality in the bub. It just got rather tiresome which is why I didn't bother with it after a while and I suspect the same goes for a few others. The willy waving got quite child'ish too.

The rideouts could be quite a bit of fun, but then people got a bit "I'm sick of playing motorcycle conger", yet Wacky did a fair few of his runs and they seemed to be a big hit. They probably did more to boost a newbies confidence more than anything. That, as I can see, was probably the best part of the forum in some ways.

No, as I see it you need to clear all the long running crap threads out of the way and refresh the place.
Who really gives a shit what pissed you off, a load of it is trivial crap anyway and means nothing to anyone reading it. Facebbok thread, why? Put it on bloody Facebook. If not stick it in the Joke bit.
As I said I look in now and then and see the same old rubbish and just go and look somewhere else. There needs to be a bit more of interest. What people are doing where they are going for rides etc. If they post someting up and someone comes along and takes the piss they're obviously not going to do it anymore.

Just a few thoughts. I may be wrong I am normally. But before you sort a social meet you need members who are going to partake in the forum and actually know its happening. I think its just the world we live in.......

I take your points bazza, I'll have a chat with the boss re: the old threads, I'd like to think things have changed on both the willy waving and piss taking side of things, obviously, I'm not about to stop taking the piss of people I know well but don't think I've ever been one to take the piss out of newbies either. sadly a lot of the new registers are either bots or people who just want to have a nose and that's cool too.
After all it can't change if people don't want to put in, you only get out what you put in.
So feel free come on talk about anything that you want to I'm always up for a good debate as are others. there's a new mod in town (shakes spurs) I'm not about to let things get out of hand or personal, hopefully those that remain can all help rebuild this back in to a bikers forum with everything that entails see my new post for a good ol' debate

Thanks for the input keep bringing it!
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
Wivvy's place. We can all have a go at sticking needles in his eyeballs for him......oh that would be a great party game..

He can't have any eyeballs left. Confused
Loco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye true dat... maybe they grow back Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: