BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bowen Moto

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer


Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Posts: 971
Location: Sidcup, Kent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Bowen Moto Reply with quote

I belong to KAMG and Bowen Moto advertise with them so thought i would give them first crack of the whip so to speak.

Going to pop along tomorrow 1pm to test ride a z1000sx.

I was going to wait a while to get a new z1000sx but if i like it I know i'll end up getting it sooner.

Anyone have any recent thoughts on Bowen Moto in Chatham?

I hope I like the bike as I am looking forward to it

Neil
_________________
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a local dealer to me ive used them a few times for parts and never had any problems cant comment on servicing or buying bikes but beware of leaving your bike unsecured Luton rd is not the most desirable place in the area.
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer


Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Posts: 971
Location: Sidcup, Kent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
Being a local dealer to me ive used them a few times for parts and never had any problems cant comment on servicing or buying bikes but beware of leaving your bike unsecured Luton rd is not the most desirable place in the area.


Thanks for the tip....

It looks like their courtyard is pretty secure though so hopefully if I leave my bike with them whilst I test ride their Z1000sx it'll be ok.
_________________
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the test ride, the mags have raved about the bike so you should enjoy it Very Happy
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the test ride Napa? Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer


Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Posts: 971
Location: Sidcup, Kent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got there and waited nearly an hour before being seen (fair enough maybe as he was on his own and was dealing with a bike sale which they loaded into a van)

When the sales guy was available I was then told that they had just put the bike onto the ramp and it would be over an hour before i could take it out as they needed to put a datatag on it.

I said I couldn't wait around for over 2 hours after the agreed time.

We talked about the bike and they said that they couldn't order me a Z1000SX in Black this year...I said the whole year and he said yep...Kawasaki are restricting supply or something...

What a waste of time Sad

Just wish i knew a good dealer i could spend me money with...
_________________
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2645
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of people rave about P&H in crawley where abouts are you?
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
1stGarry
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 2533
Location: bottom of England (well Worthing actually)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And lots of people I know have had bad experiences with P&H!

I know it's a long way away, but Alfs at Worthing are a Kawasaki main dealer, and have a great reputation for looking after customers.
_________________
Adventure before dementia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2645
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's the luck of the draw, I went to a place when I had the triumph Daytona that others said was good, but as far as I saw the feckers couldn't even change a tyre!
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer


Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Posts: 971
Location: Sidcup, Kent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might give P&H a go as I have had a couple of people recommend them now....

let's see how i get on....
_________________
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAPA121 wrote:
I might give P&H a go as I have had a couple of people recommend them now....

let's see how i get on....


Hi Neil,

With P&H, be prepared to be screwed over. IMO and experience the only good thing about P&H is ART motorcycle training who trained me and several others on the forum.
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 5854
Location: Looking for a + 10 @ Rising :-0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil,

if your going to P and H, could be worth checking out Portmore Kawasaki at Guildford. Small dealer been there for years, myself and waki have had a few deals with them, prob not the best deal in town but decent people.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer


Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Posts: 971
Location: Sidcup, Kent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Stu, Cheers Steve

Will keep in mind...
_________________
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group