BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Continental Tyre Recall

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bits and snips..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Continental Tyre Recall Reply with quote

"CONTINENTAL TYRES has announced a global recall after a number of tyres exhibited a condition in the tread and/or belts which could lead to air loss and possible separation.

The recall, which Continental is coining the ‘voluntary tyre exchange program’, covers 170,000 tyres worldwide in sizes 120/70 ZR 17 and 120/70 R 17.

The faulty rubber was sold for both OEM and replacement use between 2007 and 2014 - any tyres with DOT serial numbers between 1907 and 2614 are covered under the program. According to a spokesperson all affected tyres are eligible for replacement irrespective of condition.

According to Continental, the German tyre giant is yet to receive any reports of accidents or injuries in connection with the affected tyres.

Tyre models affected by the recall include the ContiSportAttack, ContiSportAttack 2, ContiAttack SM, ContiRaceAttack Comp. Soft, ContiRaceAttack Comp. Medium, ContiRaceAttack Comp. Endurance and ContiRoadAttack 2 GT W."

Source: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/continental-recalls-170000-tyres/25409.html
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bits and snips.. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group