BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum freecycle

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Forum freecycle Reply with quote

I started clearing up the cupboard the other day and realised I have some items of bike gear that I'm never going to use again but can't or can't be arsed to sell on fleabay. Perfectly serviceable stuff like old textile gear, levers from past bikes, a lid that is in good nick but didn't fit properly. If I have stuff like this, then I'm sure other members have sheds full of it. 

How about a "freecycle" thread where we can advertise such stuff? I don't mean a thread to get rid of your crap, but serviceable items that may be of use to people as spares, or for newer riders struggling with the cost of buying all the kit brand new. 

Obviously the section should only be visible to registered members, so that any old Tom, Dick or Harry doesn't collect up all the stuff and flog it on their eBay emporium!

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts, comments... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could make classifieds registered only maybe? Jimmy Hill
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
could make classifieds registered only maybe? Jimmy Hill


I thought that, but it would reduce exposure for people who are selling things, hence my idea of having a separate section
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
biggus wrote:
could make classifieds registered only maybe? Jimmy Hill


I thought that, but it would reduce exposure for people who are selling things, hence my idea of having a separate section


http://www.boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=41
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was quick Shocked

I thought we should at least have a week long consultation period, three pages of arguing and a few spat dummies before the idea was eventually dropped Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Wow, that was quick Shocked

I thought we should at least have a week long consultation period, three pages of arguing and a few spat dummies before the idea was eventually dropped Laughing


I'll hide it again....

Of course, it won't be popular with the "senior members", and the fact that there is apparently a tiered system pertaining to how seasoned a poster of poo you are will be torn apart and generally grumbled about.

At least one will say WGAF.

Another will say "Freecycle.... Wash", can we meet at Newlands instead?

Another will add "JRTFT"

Another will add a link to another forum that has such a forum area already & demand that you register there so that they earn brown nose points.

Another will post.... "i will read it...." " no I won't...." "yes I will...." ooooo the hokey cokey....

And BarryH will want to bury his face in the threads tits.

Shit have I just put Ninjabob out of a job? Laughing
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut


Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 5394

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolling on the floor laughing

Good idea Exclamation . I feel a cupboard rummage coming on.
_________________
So many roads, so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2644
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, I was just gonna post what a great idea it was... then saw your post and thought... WGAF?

Laughing Wink
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1427

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and still no FREE cycle Laughing
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group