BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum outage

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bug reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Forum outage Reply with quote

Forum was offline today for a few hours while I ported the database from MySQL4 to MySQL5, Speccy all appears to have worked, the new database is much bigger so I can turn off some of the annoying autoprune that became ncessary when the db reached close to 100Mb.. it's now 1Gb.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

test...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1427

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that man ...large pat on the back
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 31 Oct 2004
Posts: 6038
Location: climbing out of a big black hole

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
Well done that man ...large pat on the back
cow pat Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IanG
Cyclist
Cyclist


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Location: South London

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a title like that I was expecting something along the lines of who wears ladies underwear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
MrE wrote:
Well done that man ...large pat on the back
cow pat Very Happy


Thanks for that Razz Laughing strain

IanG wrote:
With a title like that I was expecting something along the lines of who wears ladies underwear


Not me That's gay Laughing
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be turning it off again today at some point for another upgrade...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Going to be turning it off again today at some point for another upgrade...


Done.... few tweaks needed (like putting the quick reply box back etc... otherwise should be service as usual...).

Next upgrade will be a biggy from this (latest version of phpbb2) to another version, either phpbb3, or a posh paid for forum software, yet to be decided..
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2644
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
biggus wrote:
Going to be turning it off again today at some point for another upgrade...


Done.... few tweaks needed (like putting the quick reply box back etc... otherwise should be service as usual...).

Next upgrade will be a biggy from this (latest version of phpbb2) to another version, either phpbb3, or a posh paid for forum software, yet to be decided..


Nice one Biggus, looks good and plays nice with IE10 Cool
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An "issue" I've run into is linking images from the album, which doesn't work any more because the new(er) version of the board software does not allow posting of images where the URL is a php file. Will have a hunt for a work around.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
An "issue" I've run into is linking images from the album, which doesn't work any more because the new(er) version of the board software does not allow posting of images where the URL is a php file. Will have a hunt for a work around.

Anymore thoughts on how you're going to get around this ??
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1427

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems not Laughing
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group