BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brands Indy Sub 1 Minute

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Brands Indy Sub 1 Minute Reply with quote

I have done Brands Indy a few times now and I am struggling to get sub 1 Minute which is my goal.

1:03 seems to be the best i can do. I was doing this time at the end of last season and when I was there on Monday i could still only do 1:03.

One most likely cause is to lose some weight as I am a fat boy and another is to grow a pair and accelerate more (thought i would add those before the banter starts) but i always try to be smooth when riding
and ride in a conservative manner.

Other than get some instruction and do some exercise has anyone got any tips for a nov/inters standard rider to get under the allusive minute mark?

Session 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcmPaCns-fk

Session 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NryFlHzNHg

Session 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN_JOjKCBZY

Cheers
Neil
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight away i reckon i can scrub a bit off for you......along the cooper straight stay hard right ..left into surtees but straight line mclaren to the far left of the start of clearways .....hold hard left and stay on it apexing clarke curve just before pit lane i got this courtesy of Baloo and on my ickle zxr400 i was running 1.02 youll find youll carry better corner speed around clearways and as you apex clarke curve youll be going under a lot of riders on your exit onto the Brabham straight because they apexed earlier and are now still leaning and trying to get on the gas whereas youll get the bike upright quicker and be on it harder than they can. your missing so many apexes and only using maybe 2/3rds of the track and therefore losing corner speed..watch a motogp film and see how they are way out near the chevrons on the left before entering a right turn, they turn in , apex the corner and drive out which naturally sends them back out to the edge of the track ( you seem to be sitting almost mid track and missing the apex then try to make your exit line midtrack again) .
I am no speed demon and certainly not a track expert but these tips from the likes of Baloo and The chuffster helped improve my lap times no end.
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Pete 2 Thumbs up

Nice bit of input there...Will take on board and see if I can implement any of it on track on 23rd (next track day). Obviously, knowing what to do and executing that knowledge on track are two different things but at least I have something to try.

Another thing i really struggle with is overtaking. I'm fine on the road and would even go as to say i'm fairly advanced (although always still learning) but as soon as I hit the track my early decision making flies out of the window and i start doubting the overtake. As soon as i doubt an overtake I back off and get them somewhere else (sometimes a few laps latter which really slow me down).
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep your overtakes down to entries ...exits or on the straights ...never in the corner and USE all of the track ....might be wrong but it looks as if youve got it in your head " oh great im not on the road i can use the centre of the lane and it doesnt matter if i drift wide on exit...get it in your head you want to be running out wide ..... that you have all of that tarmac to use and by using as little as possible you wont get round quicker ...totally the reverse if anything....try Lorenzos technique and use big swooping lines.....stay out as wide as you dare on entry ...your aiming to straighten out that corner as much as possible which means on your exit youll be running out right to the edge of the track again if youve got it right. youll notice your braking can be later, your corner speed will increase and your exit will be faster
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just grow a pair Wink Very Happy

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Or just grow a pair Wink Very Happy
Kiss My Arse Giving you the finger Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Biking All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: