BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boxhill re-visited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owen
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Boxhill re-visited Reply with quote

Hi, Just firstly wanted to introduce myself. I used to visit Boxhill every Sunday as a pillion on my mates bike. This is going back a bit though ( Late 80's early 90's). There was even a picture of me and my daughter on the wall in Rykas. She was around three years old at the time (now 24). I suppose my last visit was around 94, 95. Since that time I have gained my own bike licence but due to other weekend commitments, just haven't has time to come up on my own bike yet. I promised myself it would be the first thing I would do once I had my licence and the years have passed without this happening. I guess my first question is, is it still manically busy on a Sunday and secondly, I remember those Sunday's mixing with some really interesting people that you just wouldn't meet anywhere else (or that's how it seemed to me anyway). Is it still as sociable? Thirdly, I would really like to go on some runs (charity or otherwise) throughout 2015. Can I just join in with these or do I need to register? Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Owen
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Owen,

Welcome to BHF.

Things at Boxhill on Sunday mornings are still busy when the weather is good.

This Forum is a bit quiet these days unfortunately due to one reason or another but people still meet at BH.

A lot more meets are organised via the below forums and do sometimes use BH as a meeting point or a waypoint enroute as well as other places.

SECB
http://www.southeastcountiesbikers.co.uk/forum/

or LB
http://londonbikers.com/forums/

You can always post on here and someone will eventually respond as there are some nice people still on here albeit occasionally.

Hope to meet you soon for a ride.

What bike do you ride?

Neil
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Owen. I'm near Woking so I'm sure we could sort a few rides over to Box Hill and beyond in the new year .
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: