BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pipe and slippers time.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Pipe and slippers time. Reply with quote

OK a bit late but still smiling:D..... garage emptied of bikes to finance and make way for this.....

so far ive .....begun with cleaning the oversized heel plates only to a brighter finish not mirrored ( 3 hrs for one side ...other side is pending )

adding a universal topbox until a pucker givi turns up for peanuts that i can colour code, hardwired the satnnav mount into the accessory fuse, added another power outlet under the seat so the missus can plug her phone in if need be ( theres another on the other fairing panel at the front for me if i need it, acquired and cut into the left front panel a hazard light switch with future space for a fog light switch and re fitted the missing blank you see missing on the right hand fairing panel , replaced std horn for a stebil nautilus compact air horn complete with relay, uprated the headlight bulbs to 90/100w xenon white H4s, polished the worn bar ends, replaced the screen fixings for new, replaced the rear brake fluid and bled the excessive air out, replaced all the blown bulbs in the dash console,on Tom Tom cradle was stripped down due to dodgy connection rectified by making a permanent connection soldered to the internal pcb, a template made from the Ram ball mount and then it was affixed very tidily to the cowling on the handlebars ...no silly arm sticking up , no ball plate holding it 3 inches from any surface...a good flat permanent fixing, Baglux Tank cover acquired for the bargain price of £40 ..in blue so very fitting for the colour scheme of the bike , took a bit of work with some blue shoe polish and some dubbing but looks good as new, then it was out with the shhhh....motad end cans ( less than 6 months old but way to quiet) and on with a nice new set of Delkavic 350mm oval stubbys ( sans baffles ) ....now she can clear her throat and maybe Mr fooking Smidsey wont have to look, he will hear her, new stainless cotter pins for the footrests to be fitted as current ones are made of playdough, Removed the cruddy degrading forks and drained the excuse for fork oil from within, nice new oil put in and then the lowers were attacked with a scotch brite pad before applying etch primer and then several coats of gloss black and further coats of clear lacquer, a quick spin on the polish wheel for the filthy bolt.heads and her front suspenders look 100% better

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things on list to do ....
1. replace std rubber brake/ clutch hoses for stainless steel braided
2. front and rear brake calipers strip,clean and replace any parts required, paint and refit
3. remove swinging arm rub back to bare metal and apply a better form of protection than basic primer and paint ( maybe a better undercoat with better antirust properties then stonechip overcoated with gloss black)
4. when cash flow allows replace the downpipes with Delkavic stainless ones
5. remove all plastics and clean up and repaint frame probably with some form of plasticoat or smooth hammerite. ( with nothing else in the stable a full strip down and powder coat is not an option)
6. anything else i can find as i go along.
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fettling Pete..

Out of interest what made you go for a Pan?
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a life balance mate..Jen hated the Aprilia and refuse to go on it , the ZZR was just being a pain in the arse with its fueling and i definitely am not ready to hang up my boots, so it was a case of finding something i KNEW she would be happy on and i had seen to be able to hustle round if wanted ( just gotta find out if im capable of hustling a pan lmao) The Pan fitted the bill nicely with jen having pillioned on Redrat and Biggus and came away claiming how comfy they were and having chased WD, Redrat and Biggus on thier pans i was confident the bike is more than capable. so there you have it .....thats how the Pan came to be.
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work there dude!
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have swing arm castle socket if required.

Nice bike Cool

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

Nice bike Cool
2 Thumbs up
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
biggus wrote:

Nice bike Cool
2 Thumbs up

No worries, just gis a shout if you want a borrow of it - beats trying to punch your ring.... so to speak.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no doubt,and knowing you have stripped one of these to the bare bones ill be shouting you more often than you may think for tuition Laughing
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
I've had endless hours of fun trying to get the swing arm nut off both my Raptors, even with the correct tool!

Nice bike Cool
Don't encourage him! Rolling Eyes

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as said a bargain basement Givi box was awaited and not long had to be waited on for one to turn up ....following a visit to a lets say recently taken over chain i enquired about the cost of a givi V47 on display....after much umming and ahhhing it was found the box on display was actually property of the previous company and had never been transferred and officially no longer existed ....Kaching....1 x brand new Givi V47 for £100 cash....(V46 on display priced at £245)

much nicer looking than the cheapo universal one i had and much more stable on the genuine Givi monokey baseplate that came with the bike. now to decide if i want to add to its charm by purchasing and installing the official led brake light upgrade Givi do for it. but for now its hold on the purse strings till next month and out with the forks which are back off to the dealer for new seals as the current ones have revealed themselves as being a little less than adequate at holding in fluids following the ( i would say replacement but you cant replace something thats not there in the first place) insertion of fork oil.
redrat
Dirty old man
Dirty old man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've no idea how long I've been waiting to take the piss out of you - so now I've got a GTR to stay ahead of you....haha
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redrat wrote:
You've no idea how long I've been waiting to take the piss out of you - so now I've got a GTR to stay ahead of you....haha

safest place for you if memory serves me right Razz
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:

Laughing
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
Carnage wrote:

Laughing

rolling on the floor laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a little empty to do this but the update is as follows:

new stainless braided brake lines fitted front and rear ( rear is a roayl pain in the arse to do ), clutch line purchased and awaiting fitment.
currently looking at the headlight unit in a bid to improve what seems to be a poorly aimed beam but unable to rectify with simple adjustment, remembering the stock unit was 1 low beam and the second lamp only came on for hi beam, i believe there is individual reflector adjustment i just have to find it lol.
new footpeg rubbers aquired and awaiting fitting.
the winter months will hopefully see some work to the swing arm take place ( may be calling in for that catle socket dunc )
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of talk on the web on american sites about the headlamp being poor, mine is excellent & I am sure both lamps come on at low beam?

Welcome to borrow the socket any time. Mine's off the road with a blown fork seal, time and inclination are in short supply atm.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Matty
Cant keep it up!
Cant keep it up!

Location: Peacehaven, somewhere between the mad house and my bike!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headlight on my Deauville is reported to be piss poor, as well.

Some fit HID upgrade kits to both the NT and the Pan for improvement, but not seen the need personally.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HID upgrade is illegal in this country and an MOT failure ...at least with the cans ive always had the original to put back in at mot time and its not a major job.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soooo.....whats been going on i hear you ask...ok i dont hear ya but heres the low down...i bumped into another pan owner who took an admiration for my bike and enquired as to how i kept it so clean....after a bit of a chat he enquired if i knew of a cheap set of cans as his were internally knackered, cue sales pitch for a 6 month old set of motads and so on i somehow got involved in renovating his very neglected pan in exchange for ....lets say quality biking attire.
once stripped naked of its broken plastics we aquired a plastic welding kit and set about repairs before they went off for respray and new decals...

next came the removal of the somewhat pepper pot cans ....hmmm hang on ...how many mods have been carried out to keep these things going...answer ...too many along with various bodge mods to the collector box too......and so our intrepid renovator breaks the news that owners system is fubar...no problem and he gets right on the interweb and purchases a brand new set of delkavic downpipes and collector ( bastid ..i want em) so i strip off the old pipes and associated crash bars and then begin cleaning the frame, forks , radiator, rocker covers, discs, exhaust shields and crash bars etc ...which all get nice new undercoat and paint as required ( not a full respray as i dont have the room) but it makes a marked improvement on what looked tired and neglected,

various bolts are removed and get the polish wheel treatment

remember i wasnt going for the mirror finish just a brighten up.
Moving the the arse end .....the swinging arm was tatty but servicable as was the shock

so out came the wire brush and both were set up with vigour before being undercoated and repainted,,,the swinging arm and hub with hammerite smooth and the shock re sprayed black

caliper brackets and disc cleaned and refurbished

the exhaust sytem is replaced ,

the worn footpeg rubbers replaced, a second hand burgundy red leather tank cover is aquired and renovated to almost looking new,the bodged back box plate mounted on wood was rubbed back and re painted before a set of tubular mounting brackets none to disimilar to the manufacturers ones i have were manufactured from galvanised conduit before being undercoated and sprayed to blend in with the frame, all wiring for the starcom system and the usb phone charger are braid covered and routed through the frame and tied as required , oil filters and plugs all changed and carbs balanced which when test ridden gets an awesome smile from the owner stating the delivery has never been so smooth and we are now awaiting the return of the plastics from the painters which should bring to a close this renovation and i can get back to my own bike. hope youve enjoyed this i certainly found it pleasurable.
Loco

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is for sale on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/112062495390

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....the pan wasnt getting used ...just couldnt fall in love with it and found no inspiration to get on it so....out it went and in came.......a faired bandit 1200

All the usual done ...polished rims ...polished grab rail....polished heelplates and pillion hangers ...... pipeworx gp stubby can fitted along with black widow downpipes and collector ....rear shock binned for hayabusa rear shock and front end replaced with hayabusa usd forks and yolks....headlights upgraded to led ...tail light changed to led with lear lenses ...led indicators.....stage 1 dyno tune ....and last but not least garmin sat nav installed to enable better abilty to get the most from our new northern territory.....ill get to ride the bloody thing soon now most of the new place has been rebuilt lol
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so.moving on .....renthal bars ,shlrty levers and bar end mirrors fitted to the bandit, lighting upgraded to led allround, forks stripped,cleaned and rebuilt, oxford heated grips removed, valve clearances done, currently in the middle.of playing with ignitio n advancement.
Also.....now added a tuono rsv1000 to the stable[/img]
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so.moving on .....renthal bars ,shlrty levers and bar end mirrors fitted to the bandit, lighting upgraded to led allround, forks stripped,cleaned and rebuilt, oxford heated grips removed, valve clearances done, currently in the middle.of playing with ignitio n advancement.
Also.....now added a tuono rsv1000 to the stable[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Biking All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: