BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll for 15th September
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you fancy an early start and a day trip around France or stay local
France
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Local
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All booked Very Happy
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoken to eurotunnel and we cannot get a group discount so you will have to book your own tunnel crossing with your own card and take this with you to book in at Folkestone and Calais.

There are only 49 places left on the outward bound journey and 23 for the return at time of typing.

The link is below, I have written out an idiots guide for you to read so that we are all on the same crossing. Spaces are going fast and you need to book this to avoid dissapointment.

On the outward Journey you need to use the date of 15th September 2007 and click on Folkestone to Calais on the drop down arrow in the box beneath

For the return its 15th September 2007 and Choose Calais to Folkestone from the drop down arrow in the box below.

Choose motorcycle from Your vehicle description, select height; up to 1.85 metres. Select none for trailer or caravan and no for LPG or CNC tank. Choose United Kingdom for the which country do you live in.

Click continue and it will bring up Select you preferred time of day and fare type on the “Going out” box go along the short stay saver line and select the 0800 - 1000 crossing

On the Coming Back go along the Short Stay Saver line and select the 1800-2000 crossing then click continue at foot of page. This will take you to Select Shuttle Departure, Select 0842 for going out and 1850 for coming back. Scroll down and click on continue without insurance! Put in your card details that you are going to take with you as you need to take this card for the electronic booking in procedure.

http://www.eurotunnel1.com/direct/booking/journey.asp?lang=en

if you cannot do it on the internet cos at work (secure payment thingy)then ring this number and do it over the phone 0870 535 3535

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

Are booked onto this crossing now

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Last edited by GT on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
miketiger
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

www.kentsussexbikers.com
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoken to eurotunnel and we cannot get a group discount so you will have to book your own tunnel crossing with your own card and take this with you to book in at Folkestone and Calais.

There are only 49 places left on the outward bound journey and 23 for the return at time of typing.

The link is below, I have written out an idiots guide for you to read so that we are all on the same crossing. Spaces are going fast and you need to book this to avoid dissapointment.

On the outward Journey you need to use the date of 15th September 2007 and click on Folkestone to Calais on the drop down arrow in the box beneath

For the return its 15th September 2007 and Choose Calais to Folkestone from the drop down arrow in the box below.

Choose motorcycle from Your vehicle description, select height; up to 1.85 metres. Select none for trailer or caravan and no for LPG or CNC tank. Choose United Kingdom for the which country do you live in.

Click continue and it will bring up Select you preferred time of day and fare type on the “Going out” box go along the short stay saver line and select the 0800 - 1000 crossing

On the Coming Back go along the Short Stay Saver line and select the 1800-2000 crossing then click continue at foot of page. This will take you to Select Shuttle Departure, Select 0842 for going out and 1850 for coming back. Scroll down and click on continue without insurance! Put in your card details that you are going to take with you as you need to take this card for the electronic booking in procedure.

if you cannot do it on the internet cos at work (secure payment thingy)then ring this number and do it over the phone 0870 535 3535

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

(\__/)
(='.'=)
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

And again, Go on Matt, see if you say it a 4th time........... what a w***er

Last edited by The Mouse on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wass up can't you come Shocked what a w***er

Martynthemouse wrote:
matttherat wrote:

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

And again, Go on Matt, see if you say it a 4th time........... what a w***er

here ya go

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

(\__/)
(='.'=)
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:

Neither can most people by the looks of it what a w***er
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martynthemouse wrote:
matttherat wrote:

Neither can most people by the looks of it what a w***er

You changed it ya knob..................

Anyhow for those that don't have to go and play with five year olds all day i'll post up meeting times and points, those that are booked up can you let us know where ya coming from so i can plot a central or couple of pick up points!!!!#

We need to be at Folkstone for 0810 latest and its an hours ride away from the A21 area near Orpington.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannat come - no pass. But have fun - look forward to the pics
Tinks
Fairy Grandmoderator
Fairy Grandmoderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that was one of your pet hates????

The 1st Lady of the forum.
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - 'cos I said I was sorting this out... but as have been unable to, I'm apologising for any trouble caused.

The difference is in blankly reply to a post with "one can't attend", etc. WTF for?

See what I did there?
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
No - 'cos I said I was sorting this out... but as have been unable to, I'm apologising for any trouble caused.

The difference is in blankly reply to a post with "one can't attend", etc. WTF for?

See what I did there?

No worries AJ, i'll try and remember to take the camera! Very Happy

(\__/)
(='.'=)
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a look at where everyone lives and the route Google is making for everyone, basically it is sending everyone round the M25 and off at Junction 3 for the M20, so i am gonna suggest that we meet at this junction, there is a sort of Layby just after the clockwise off slip and before the start of the M20, can we all be there for a 0700 off, ideally aim to be there for 0645.

If you Cut and paste this unknown road into google maps it gives you the point of where we are going to meet, not an ideal place but its at the start of a road that all will be using!!

Unknown road @51.389030, 0.195030

Alternatively we could meet at Junction 8 for an 0715ish off, at least if you do get there a bit early we can fill up etc. I'll await your choice and see you at either!!
Cut and paste to see where this is

Unknown road @51.264840, 0.615400

If you are wondering what the route is gonna be, i'm awaiting Redrat to sort that, he will be leading this ride, we will have a natter about it on the train.

Do not forget to print off your booking and also take your card that you booked the train with!

Here is also a little checklist of things required - might be a bit sucky eggy for the hardened traveller but there are a few new to this travelling in Europe Lark!!

Passport
European Health Insurance Card
Driving Licence - (Both parts if new style)!
Certificate of Insurance - (Don't forget to contact your insurer and take the name of whom you informed of this little trip)
Contact numbers for breakdown assistance and policy number!!
V5 - (Log Book to the older amongst us)
GB sticker or euro style no plate
Your Bike manual just in case you need to get at something!
First aid kit.
Spare Bulbs.
Punctur repair kit
Euros
Spare ear plugs
Visor cleaning stuff, i suggest the V2 sponge i know a few of us have them and they are superb.
Waterproof - Just in Case.

Forget the Warning Triangle for obvious reasons!!

You may want to take more but this is really a minimum requirement IMO.

Most of this stuff will fold up and be able to go under your seat/in a tank bag. But make sure you waterproof it by wrapping in a plasic bag first.

Make sure you can get to your card and passport easily for booking in at both ends. We will be entering through the electronic check in which prints off your ticket, so you don't wanna be fumbling around when arriving at the booth, followed by passport control.

A small hint - please do not line up behind each other at the check in if there are empty booths available Rolling Eyes , your card goes into the slot Chip side up and to the front of the card when placing it into the machine, it may not work first time but be patient!!!! You then put the ticket over your mirror Cool

(\__/)
(='.'=)
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poke me nose in because I can't come but as I have done this kind of trip several times Maidstone Services is a good place to meet as it is south of the M25 therefore accessable from all directions and open early for coffee and is about 30mins from the tunnel.

Just a thought

Also the machines have a nasty habit of allocating you all sorts of train times/letters - ignore it all an ride straight to the check in an tell them your all together - first man to the check in to have his letter not clearly displayed or the idiots might try and put you on a later train.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
Poke me nose in because I can't come but as I have done this kind of trip several times Maidstone Services is a good place to meet as it is south of the M25 therefore accessable from all directions and open early for coffee and is about 30mins from the tunnel.

Just a thought

Also the machines have a nasty habit of allocating you all sorts of train times/letters - ignore it all an ride straight to the check in an tell them your all together - first man to the check in to have his letter not clearly displayed or the idiots might try and put you on a later train.

Thanks for that Bob which junction is that, yep have had the problem with funny train times and always jumped the cue Wink also the sentence that starts first man don't make sense to me, can you clarify for me, cheers.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the tickets have been issued and ignoring any signs that say such and such letter is now loading you move forward to a booth where they check the tickets and assign a lane for you to wait in. First in line has his ticket/letter slightly concealed and explains that the mob behind are alltogether you normally end up on the next train and they do not check each individuals ticket. Sorry but I hope that makes more sense. Rolling Eyes

On day trips they do not issue a return ticket - you have to use your booking reference again on the return so don't loose it.

Have a good one - if you would like a route let me know? We did 420 miles door to door last weekend and did not touch any motorway other than the hideous M20.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
After all the tickets have been issued and ignoring any signs that say such and such letter is now loading you move forward to a booth where they check the tickets and assign a lane for you to wait in. First in line has his ticket/letter slightly concealed and explains that the mob behind are alltogether you normally end up on the next train and they do not check each individuals ticket. Sorry but I hope that makes more sense. Rolling Eyes

On day trips they do not issue a return ticket - you have to use your booking reference again on the return so don't loose it.

Have a good one - if you would like a route let me know? We did 420 miles door to door last weekend and did not touch any motorway other than the hideous M20.

That would be good Bob can you PM me it. Thanks again

(\__/)
(='.'=)
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Patten would be proud of you Matt, you were born 70 years too late. D-Day landing plans have nothing on this thread!!!
CHILLI
202.9mph Raspberry Ripple
202.9mph Raspberry Ripple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinks wrote:
Tusky wrote:
Tinks wrote:
Tusky wrote:
As it is our wedding anniversary on the 15th and we have Chloe's graduation party on the 16th Jimmy Hill I think the chances of me and my testicles both coming on this rideout together will be nonexistent Wink

What better way to spend your anniversary Very Happy

Shocked What having my testicles removed Shocked

Would save Madams neck for a while Laughing behind hand

Bad Tinks rolling on the floor laughing
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
General Patten would be proud of you Matt, you were born 70 years too late. D-Day landing plans have nothing on this thread!!!

Were D day landings 70 years ago Confused Wink

Thanks Barry I know you mean it as a compliment Laughing

(\__/)
(='.'=)
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.....I must be loosing my touch as everything I type seems to upset someone somewhere.....
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
Damn.....I must be loosing my touch as everything I type seems to upset someone somewhere.....

I was being serious i thought you were complementing me, cos the d day landins were such a success Very Happy

just like this trip is gonna be, bit sorry you never seem to join in though I don't know

(\__/)
(='.'=)
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to go, can't go.....no passport, no money, no time due to work....see the no money bit!
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryH wrote:
Wanted to go, can't go.....no passport, no money, no time due to work....see the no money bit!

Aye tis a bummer, next time then fella, i'll organise another with more notice so peeps have time to sort money and time off etc..............

(\__/)
(='.'=)
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are interested there are still spaces on the 0842 train that we are all catching, but the return is half hour later than ours at 1920 (1820 Uk time)

So if you want to come pull your finger out!! We will wait the otherside if we don't all get on the same train together!!!!

The link is below, I have written out an idiots guide for you to use.

Click continue and it will bring up Select you preferred time of day and fare type on the “Going out” box go along the Day/Night line and select the 0800 - 1000 crossing

On the Coming Back go along the Day/Night line select the 1800-2000 crossing then click continue at foot of page.

This will take you to Select Shuttle Departure, Select 0842 for going out and 1920 coming back.

Scroll down and click on continue without insurance! Put in your card details that you are going to take with you as you need to take this card for the electronic booking in procedure.

Matt
Redrat
Miss V
Roughie
Guppy
Madforit1984
Miketiger

Are booked onto this crossing now so a good bunch of peeps. If you leave it till the friday it will change in price dramatically.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: