BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legal Section to Site
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like a legal section in the BHF
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 16 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 15669
Location: The Home Office

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More likely me.
_________________
If the phone doesnít ring, itís me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChoccieMuffin
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 1849
Location: Guildford

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has already been said that what's to be included in there are factual references to stuff so no disclaimer should even be necessary, so that'd be overkill. E.g. "what size does the law say number plates should be?" would get a factual reply rather than "I reckon they should be..." kinda fing.

A generic "the views posted in this area of the bulletin board are those of the posters, Boxhill.co.uk and its owners accept no responsibility yadda yadda yadda " thing at the top should be more than adequate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 15669
Location: The Home Office

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh?

Snickers
_________________
If the phone doesnít ring, itís me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jam
Forum Fascist
Forum Fascist


Joined: 28 Apr 2004
Posts: 6946
Location: Brighton, Sussex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Jam wrote:
Jimmy Hill wonder if i can hax the php to hard-code a disclaimer into every thread posted in this potential section....



coz it'd need it!


That sounds like a top idea Jam, can that be done Question


maybe, it's been a while since I last looked at the php code - and at that point i'd had about 6 pints of beer and duncan and i were reviewing whether we could make AJs name always appear in pink Hide behind sofa Laughing

we could certainly point a big warning at the top of the thread list in the section heading...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe as it will be members only it could be part of the terms and conditions of joining !
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Maybe as it will be members only it could be part of the terms and conditions of joining !


Yeah that could be changed... or another way would for it to be by usergroup that you have to actively join or be added to, bit like "girlies" "geezers" etc...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well nearly 3/4 of peeps who voted said yes, Biggus is gonna look into how to set this up.
Cool
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Incubus
+1 up for a spanking
+1 up for a spanking


Joined: 31 Jul 2004
Posts: 9973
Location: Brighton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets just hope that the old saying about having "a little bit of power" doesn't occur
_________________
The Stevie Wonder of rideouts!
www.themotorcyclecentre.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incubus wrote:
lets just hope that the old saying about having "a little bit of power" doesn't occur


What cos it causes unintentional big power wheelies Laughing
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 4904

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
or am i being a TIT Sad



Probably, you usually are
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martynthemouse wrote:
matttherat wrote:
or am i being a TIT Sad



Probably, you usually are


Not possible... I would put a tit in my mouth... I cannot say the same for MTR Laughing
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group