BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sympathy
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have any..............
No
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Only for the Blokes that were being burgled
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Sympathy Reply with quote

Did the Burglar deserve it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7313632.stm

debate!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Windy
Just call me Janice...
Just call me Janice...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topic Matt. Granted, the burglar shouldn't have been in the flat in the first place but I don't think he deserved to die.

This reminds me of the Tony Martin/Fred Barras case a few years back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/717511.stm
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn right he deserved it. An Englishmans home is his castle! Do the crime, do the time.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jay1
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Bigus. If you are willing to break into someone elses house and take their stuff, and no doubt hurt the occupants if they get in your way or suprise you, then I'm affraid you get whats coming to you.

The problem for criminals is there is no fear in them commiting crimes. They know most people wont stand up to them, and even if they are caught the punishments are rediculously lenient most of the time. I know if I caught someone in my place they would get a serious battering. I would not take the chance that I didn't hit em hard enough and they could retaliate.
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I abstain?
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was unfortunate that he died, but I don't feel sorry for him. They shouldn't have moved the body though. Still, not sure what anyone would do in that situation.
Suzibabe
Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in being allowed to defend your property and yourself, particularly if you're being attacked.

However, stamping on the guy's face and him being killed as a result of his injuries is sickening.
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say I have no sympathy for the burglar, but this was totally OTT..

IMO/ this was cold blooded murder ....
202.9mph Raspberry Ripple
202.9mph Raspberry Ripple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real sympathy for any of them, except maybe the relatives.

The burglar certainly deserved a slap, but not to be beaten to death!
Skins
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as we do not know the circumstances of burglary then its hard to comment on if too much force was used.

Chances are the scum that broke in when confronted turned into a caged animal that tried to escape. A certain level of force was required to either restrain or protect. In this instance I would have used as much force as I physically had in me to defend myself in MY property against anyone I came across, especially if my family were with me.

If that meant stamping, stabbing, shooting, battering, biting, maiming, killing then so be it.
The message should go out to all scum that intend to break into ANYONE's house that there is a very good chance that they could end up receiving one of the above (or all of the above).
The difference with the lads that killed the scumbag is they were more than likely tanked up on booze when they returned and went hell for leather without thinking of the outcome.

Sad state of affairs really! Crying or Very sad
pip
Pip Pedrosa
Pip Pedrosa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sympathy for the burglar but they went too far. I think it is the nature of the killing rather than the killing itself which is the big thing.

I think there might be more of these sort of vigilante things coming soon too. It's a very frustrating judicial system we have which doesn't appear to punish the people who should be, so maybe it's understandable that some would feel they need to dish out justice themselves.

I'm not saying it's right, but that's how a lot of people feel I think.
GSEX-SLAPPY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what point do you say enough is enough when confronted with another human being who is trying to rid you of your worldy goods and possibly your own life because you have that person cornered.
Frankly in my opinion once that person is disabled/immobilised/unconsious then thats enough ..stabbing is a last line of defense and stamping on someones head ????...lets face it they must already be on the floor therefore i assume immobilised or under control.
He deserved the kickin
He didnt deserve to die
They deserve the sentence

senseless violence when you consider it could be better redirected at kiddie fiddlers Twisted Evil
Va Va Oops
Va Va Yes yes yes yes!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two wrongs don't make a right.
doh1990
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLAPPY© wrote:
At what point do you say enough is enough when confronted with another human being who is trying to rid you of your worldy goods and possibly your own life because you have that person cornered.
Frankly in my opinion once that person is disabled/immobilised/unconsious then thats enough ..stabbing is a last line of defense and stamping on someones head ????...lets face it they must already be on the floor therefore i assume immobilised or under control.
He deserved the kickin
He didnt deserve to die
They deserve the sentence

senseless violence when you consider it could be better redirected at kiddie fiddlers Twisted Evil

what he said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Va Va Oops wrote:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

agreed but it certainly makes the first wrong know he certainly wasnt right Wink
Tiny
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sympathy.
He's probably burgled 100's of other hard working honest tax paying people who contribute to society. Just like everyone on here.

Fuck him.
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here in lies the problem, this was not his first offence, guaranteed, its interesting to see peeps sympathy coming out, he is/was obviously a cnut and deserved all that was coming, it was his choice to live that life, as stated fcuk him!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Scrappy
Biggus' whachamacallit
Biggus' whachamacallit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two of them. They should have restrained him and called the police. Killing the guy, they deserve to get locked up. If it was one on one and came to a situation where it was going to be my life or his I'd defend myself.

+1
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrappy wrote:
There were two of them. They should have restrained him and called the police. Killing the guy, they deserve to get locked up. If it was one on one and came to a situation where it was going to be my life or his I'd defend myself.

I can absoloutely guarantee you that two bloke cannot restrain one bloke who is intent on getting away / harming you both, please do no not start thinking that this little cnut would have observed any queensbury rules!!!

Out of curiosity what is the stance on finding someone in your home in the states?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
big al
Truck driving Hero
Truck driving Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sympathy from me at all, you come into my house uninvited, you pay the price, i'd have no hessitation of defending my home, they got what they deserved, personaly i'd have tortured them a bit first, then beat them senseless, (tosser's)

oh & for the record it's not me they killed, i'm alive & kicking " oh yes" Wink
Skins
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spitey wrote:
No sympathy.
He's probably burgled 100's of other hard working honest tax paying people who contribute to society. Just like everyone on here.

Fuck him.

Bravo applause
Tango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really want someone walking the streets, who can take someones life with out a moments hesitation .. Confused
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tango wrote:
Do you really want someone walking the streets, who can take someones life with out a moments hesitation .. Confused

They already do Steve but these blokes were not just walking down the street, they went into there own home to find someone who just breaks into and helps himself to other peoples belongings without a moments hesitation, to feed a habit that goes into the depths of misery that you can only imagine!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

society has not got a good deterent at the moment,what are we going to do to stop these b******s from stealing from us,if this death makes the villians think about what they are doing,justice has been served Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
tango wrote:

They already do Steve but these blokes were not just walking down the street, they went into there own home to find someone who just breaks into and helps himself to other peoples belongings without a moments hesitation, to feed a habit that goes into the depths of misery that you can only imagine!

Sorry but I think I am with Tango on this one

Maybe some on here are 'hardened' through proximity, but I do not consider myself capable of "kicking someone's head in" in order to protect my property ...if it came down to protecting my children/loved ones then I might have to reconsider ...but I would still far prefer to 'seriously maim' than actually murder someone

My impression of this particular scenario is that some druggy scumbag happened to pick on the home of some hooligan scumbag for his evening's scummy burglary activity - a poor choice that paid off to his significant disadvantage

Result: - one scumbag down and two to go (my personal jury on the other 3 who got off without any charge is still out)

Basically, I do not condone burglary but neither do I condone senseless violence and murder ...and as for vigilanteism ...sorry but that is why we pay for a police force and a judicial system. If I am expected to deal with it on my own then please can I have a refund on my tax??!

Incidentally... ...Yes - I have been burgled. Once arrived home (front door) as the burglar was getting in (rear window) and he left pretty sharpish. ...The other time I arrived home thinking I had forgotten to shut the back door ...then realised that the glass in the door was broken ...went in and turned the lights on before thinking that that was a bit silly and running back out into the road to wait for a police car to flag down (it was a rough area so there were plenty of them!) ...I had to actually block the police car's progress to get them to stop and they were very reluctant to go in and check out the property for me (which I think was a bit poor!)

End of the day ...I wouldn't invite any of these people to dinner ...and maybe a general culling of all scumbags would relieve the rest of us law-abiding folk of any responsibility to deal with either burglars or drunken hooligans (likely to beat up anyone who crosses their path) without undue pressure on our concience!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: