BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sympathy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have any..............
No
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Only for the Blokes that were being burgled
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that being burgled has similarities to rape - it is a personal violation and as such is not treated seriously enough in the courts. I do not have a great deal of sympathy for this scumbag because, as has already been said this will not be the only house he has burgled to feed his habit. For me there is no comparison here with the Tony Martrin case.

This was scumbag meets scumbags - perhaps their response was viscious and way over the top - who cares!! - not me I can assure you.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
society has not got a good deterent at the moment,what are we going to do to stop these b******s from stealing from us,if this death makes the villians think about what they are doing,justice has been served Confused

Wonder if these guys would have been so keen on killing, if we had the death penalty. likewise proper prison with hard labour for the thieving lowlife .... Question
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tango wrote:
if we had the death penalty. likewise proper prison with hard labour for the thieving lowlife .... Question
i do not like the idea of the death penalty as in the past a lot of people have been found not guilty after the sentance has been served,as for hard labour i,m all for it,but they must not be released into the public domain untill they have reformed Confused
Va Va Yes yes yes yes!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
I believe that being burgled has similarities to rape

Sorry mate but, from personal experience, I can tell you that being face down on the floor with my hands tied behind my back with some bloke's belt and being told that "the less you struggle the less this will hurt" was a damn site more fucking scary than discovering that someone had nicked my hi-fi, my CD collection, my electric underblanket, my jewellery box, and had rifled through my undies draw...

(Yes - I struggled ...would rather die than give in to something like that!! Screamed VERY loudly. But only managed to slap his face before I sent him packing ...how bloody pathetic?! ...Take note girlies ...it doesn't only happen to someone else!! Seemed like such a nice bloke whose only concern was to see me get home safely )
ChoccieMuffin
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the "one scumbag down, two to go" view, but also agree with the "two wrongs don't make a right" view. So maybe VVO's "general cull of scumbags" is the way to go, so that the cull of said scumbag is no longer seen as wrong...

I would sit on the fence, but the recent winds have blown all but three panels down, and because of the lovely insurance company I don't have a brass farthing available to get them replaced.

Rather than kicking the little f***ers' heads in to a terminal degree, I'd much rather see their houses being trashed to the same extent that mine has been. (Oh, and I wouldn't cry if they got a good kicking too.) Ah, but it seems that's what may well have happened here!
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone who has read this thread wonders why people go to extremes i think this sums it up for me as far as victims and justice goes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7315531.stm

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Biker-Spawn
"Magneto"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChoccieMuffin wrote:
I agree with the "one scumbag down, two to go" view, but also agree with the "two wrongs don't make a right" view. So maybe VVO's "general cull of scumbags" is the way to go, so that the cull of said scumbag is no longer seen as wrong...

Only problem with that is...who decides who is a scumbag and who isn't?

Personally, I have no sympathy for the guy killed or the 2 who killed him. They've all done something wrong, the guy killed was a drug addict and as such was throwing his life away anyway. The guys who killed him took a life and have now lost some of their own.

Looks to me as if three assholes have been taken off the street.

As for that thing about the doctor posted by Matt, why is he getting away with community service? He should be struck off the medical register without hesitation and locked up. He's (apparently) in a position of public trust, which makes his offense even worse. How will the public be able to trust him after that? It wasn't something that just happened, the fact he went back to the scene to stamp on the guys head suggests some level of calculation.

I believe someone said something about social cleansing with a chain gun a while back...

If you can't get it going with bungee cords and gaffa tape, it's serious.
Incubus
+1 up for a spanking
+1 up for a spanking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with spitey

fuck him

you break into my house you'd better have a bigger f*ckin knife or gun then me cos I wouldn't think twice about ending your life to protect my home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
I believe that being burgled has similarities to rape

Don't agree with you there mate, i've dealt with a couple of rape victims and you cannot compare having your house burgled to what they went through.
Incubus
+1 up for a spanking
+1 up for a spanking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know being burgles is a violation, was burgled meself years ago but I agree with mouse don't think you can really put it in the same level as a rape
i pray no one i know is in a position to be able to make a comparison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I withold my opinion, since this isn't teh Middle Ages... (oil, boiling, etc.)
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
I withold my opinion, since this isn't teh Middle Ages... (oil, boiling, etc.)
Laughing What about the person that nicked your bike in Southwark then!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. he goes into the "Wicker Man" along with the bloke who nicked the 'Blade.

(I'll put some old Pirellis round the fire - just to make it more topical)

Smile
Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonfires... reminds me of toasted hedgehogs & a certain forum member once quoted as saying he'd rather shove one up his backside :pmsl:
ChoccieMuffin
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, now THERE's a novel solution - forget the burglar alarm or the shotgun, just make sure you have a ready supply of scared hedgehogs and an arse funnel!
Suzibabe
Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Va Va.

Not saying anymore than that. Sad
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame that anyone should lose their life in violent circumstances. But I just can't get away from the thought that had the bloke not committed the crime he'd still be alive today.

I was more saddened about the story of the two "Goths" who were attacked by a group of 15 year olds
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
It's a shame that anyone should lose their life in violent circumstances. But I just can't get away from the thought that had the bloke not committed the crime he'd still be alive today.

I was more saddened about the story of the two "Goths" who were attacked by a group of 15 year olds

Yep v sad, cunch of bunts!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Va Va Oops

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Yep v sad, cunch of bunts!

Yes, very sad Sad

Reminded me of the time a friend of mine got severely beaten by a gang of 'dressers' (as we used to call them) - purely because he had long hair. He was in hospital overnight and, when he came out, we could barely recognise him. Both of his eyes were black/blue and hugely swollen, his nose was broken and his whole face looked a bit like a puffa fish!! And that was in addition to the broken ribs ...all purely because he was a 'long-haired greebo' (as they used to call us). And he wasn't a small bloke by any means - over 6 foot and relatively fit ...he just wasn't the fighting type and there were so many of them. Sad

What is really awful (in my opinion) is that there is so much of this sort of thing going on that, unless somebody actually dies as a result of their injuries, we are unlikely to hear about it ...it is almost as though a certain level of mindless violence is almost tolerated - so long as it doesn't affect us directly. On the other hand, I do not know what the answer is. Our prisons are full enough as it is - and I'm not sure how much good it does to put young people in with a load of other bad influences/trainers/role models. And shooting them all would be a lot cheaper on the public purse (it would probably even cover the occassional law suit for the ones we got wrong?)

Personally I prefer the idea of isolating the 'violence and aggression' gene and systematically eliminating it from the human genome ...but that is just the mad (pacifist) scientist in me...
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that i am never put in this situation to find out how i would react Pray

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
mini guppy
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i would doon the same if i had the chance
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini guppy wrote:
well i would doon the same if i had the chance
crikey we got a scotty on the forum Very Happy
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what you get 4 using pridictive text
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini guppy wrote:
thats what you get 4 using pridictive text

Oi what have i told you about that bloody text rubbish speak Twisted Evil A kick in the nuts

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build loads more prisons, forget the TV rooms, games rooms, libraries etc etc. All that is needed is cells with two beds, thin mattresses and a toilet. Lock all prisoners up for 23 hours a day which will keep the staffing costs down, give them one hour exercise in a yard, rain or shine and a shower. Make the prisons a horrible place to go, not the luxury holiday centres that they are at the moment. If someone is sentanced to four years then they do fours years, not the one and a half years as they currently do. There is no 'time off for good behaviour' as there is at the, if you behave badly then your sentance is INCREASED by the governer

There will be plenty of space with the new prisons that judges and magistrates will have the option of sending people to prison again, which they currently don't.

Word will get around all the 'criminal elements' in our society that the holiday period is over, if they commit a crime they can now expect prison again and not the bollox punishments (and i use the term punishments quite wrongly) that is given out at the moment. Also, the prison sentence that they will recieve will be without TV's, PS3's, Gym's, Pool tables etc etc. Just a cell for 23 hours a day.

Where will this money come from to build the new prisons??? How much does crime cost the country, for an initial expence the money will be re-couped from the savings made when crime is reduced. Either that or get rid of the olympics and the ridiculous amount of public money being spent on that could easliy cover the cost.

GORDON BROWN, ARE YOU LISTENING
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: