BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE database
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we have an ICE database?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: ICE database Reply with quote

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a database of In Case of Emergency (ICE) contacts for people? This of course would be in a private area accesable only by moderators/admin.

Of course if you do object to the idea you do not have to partake of course.

Please no spam, but useful suggestions welcomed
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Baloo
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea, although if everyone had an ICE number on their mobile phone / in their wallet / purse it should mitigate the need.

On mine, the ICE number is the default view so no password access is reqired.
Back to top
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have ICE in my phone and have voted yes.

IF (not tempting fate) I had an accident I would much rather you guys were able to contact my sister and family
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model


Joined: 10 Oct 2004
Posts: 10558
Location: 175lbs down and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with this, i have it on my phone also.

This could run along side the phone numbers we have for forum members Smile accessed by Admin & Mods
_________________

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea cos if your wiped out with blood snot and shit coming out of every orifice when dead i wouldn't want to put peeps through what we have to do. I.e searching through trying to find a phone.

But what i would say is that we have to be careful here. I would not want someone telling Pen i was dead by phone, it needs to be done in Person by someone that can deal with the inevitable fallout when a persons world is turned upside down.

If i was in a minor scrape and unable to call home and me phone was fecked then good idea.

By the way it is not an emergency if your dead, would be helpful for NOK and contact details to be held for this purpose which would assist!
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 15669
Location: The Home Office

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting spin there, mate.
_________________
If the phone doesnít ring, itís me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Good idea cos if your wiped out with blood snot and shit coming out of every orifice when dead i wouldn't want to put peeps through what we have to do. I.e searching through trying to find a phone.

But what i would say is that we have to be careful here. I would not want someone telling Pen i was dead by phone, it needs to be done in Person by someone that can deal with the inevitable fallout when a persons world is turned upside down.

If i was in a minor scrape and unable to call home and me phone was fecked then good idea.

By the way it is not an emergency if your dead, would be helpful for NOK and contact details to be held for this purpose which would assist!


Very good point, thing is making sure ICE information in the heat of the moment is not "misused" for want of a better description
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
matttherat wrote:
Good idea cos if your wiped out with blood snot and shit coming out of every orifice when dead i wouldn't want to put peeps through what we have to do. I.e searching through trying to find a phone.

But what i would say is that we have to be careful here. I would not want someone telling Pen i was dead by phone, it needs to be done in Person by someone that can deal with the inevitable fallout when a persons world is turned upside down.

If i was in a minor scrape and unable to call home and me phone was fecked then good idea.

By the way it is not an emergency if your dead, would be helpful for NOK and contact details to be held for this purpose which would assist!


Very good point, thing is making sure ICE information in the heat of the moment is not "misused" for want of a better description


Exactly mate, there is always one person that seems to find some perverse pleasure in bearing bad news, have seen it far too many times.
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GSEX-SLAPPY
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good idea and i voted yes until i read matts take on it ......so i think those with access should be issued with very clear and consise rules of how the ice contatcs should be used ....let the proffesionals do what they need to do 8
Back to top
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matttherat wrote:
Exactly mate, there is always one person that seems to find some perverse pleasure in bearing bad news, have seen it far too many times.


Perhaps a safer way would be to have it on a persons phone only? Or perhaps in their wallet? Saying that, I would imagine if it were that serious that Rozzers would be involved and be able to ask those with if the person had any emergency contact details...

An altogether more sensible idea would be for the DVLA database to contain ICE information and donor/DNR details?
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
matttherat wrote:
Exactly mate, there is always one person that seems to find some perverse pleasure in bearing bad news, have seen it far too many times.


Perhaps a safer way would be to have it on a persons phone only? Or perhaps in their wallet? Saying that, I would imagine if it were that serious that Rozzers would be involved and be able to ask those with if the person had any emergency contact details...

An altogether more sensible idea would be for the DVLA database to contain ICE information and donor/DNR details?


No i honestly think its a good idea, a phone aint much good if its totalled in the accident. I think the clear thing here is that it should be NOK details re name and address as well as a phone no to be of help so that it can be passed on to plod if the situation is that bad and if its a case that the person is not in a position to speak themselves then i would agree that a phone call would be appropriate. But the old bill should be the ones to deal with this and for that reason i think that the number and other details be passed on to them at the scene!
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Matt, agree tact and level head needed, anything that serious should be done by trained peeps only.

Wouldnt it be nice to know this info would not be needed ever
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 15669
Location: The Home Office

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do we agree that ICE is not apt or useful, whereas NOK on a DB is?
_________________
If the phone doesnít ring, itís me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
So do we agree that ICE is not apt or useful, whereas NOK on a DB is?


No ICE incorporating NOK name and address is when considerin using it on here, in the way that i have described!

I have had to speak with someone by phone and arrange to meet them then pass on the news!
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, how do officals know who next of kin is?

I am divorced, still in maiden name and live alone... cant recall if driving licence form asked for NOK, if it did all them years ago I would have put my Dad. However, he is now in his 85 year and I would hate him to get any call or visit about me being injured/ dead

just made me think
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 15669
Location: The Home Office

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea was forget the current acronyms - maybe select a bunch of your phone numbers in order of importance - friends or family - who in order of who can do the MOST to network your predicament assuming emergency services are attending. This is slightly different to ICE or NOK.

Pick 3 and start by having Biggus register them in a space under your login - accessible in emergency, but also think of BHF card carrying them (and ur discount) - grim humour - sos.

When I say Biggus register - I mean provide a few extra fields on ur profile under a specific heading...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss V wrote:
Just out of interest, how do officals know who next of kin is?

I am divorced, still in maiden name and live alone... cant recall if driving licence form asked for NOK, if it did all them years ago I would have put my Dad. However, he is now in his 85 year and I would hate him to get any call or visit about me being injured/ dead

just made me think


They don't and it can be a nightmare V. This why it is a good idea, just it needs to be handled in the right way.

Hence i agree that only Biggus and Mods have access to these details.

In addition carrying these dets on your person is a spot on idea!
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought......

How does an I.C.E database work in these days of Data Protection Acts etc etc?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
Just a thought......

How does an I.C.E database work in these days of Data Protection Acts etc etc?


Good question lets just say that signing up to this you imply permission for those that need to know can have access to this info, Duncan would have to get everyone to agree with a terms and conditions page Sad
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
Just a thought......

How does an I.C.E database work in these days of Data Protection Acts etc etc?


Good point, you would of course also have to have the permission of the ICE contact also and an option to opt out... The only time it would be permissible to use it would be under emergency situations anyway... I shall have a ponder...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lost again
Dancing tree frog!
Dancing tree frog!


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 2861

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have voted yes
and agree with matt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ScattyMare
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 2558
Location: Smallfield

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss V wrote:
Just out of interest, how do officals know who next of kin is?

I am divorced, still in maiden name and live alone... cant recall if driving licence form asked for NOK, if it did all them years ago I would have put my Dad. However, he is now in his 85 year and I would hate him to get any call or visit about me being injured/ dead

just made me think


with you all the way MissV..when i recently did the Bike Safe they asked for contact numbers...imagine Jake or Skye getting a call on their mobiles at school to say i had an accident.

Its a difficult one and i ended up using a friend who knows my kids,

I will be your next of kin, if you be mine Very Happy Laughing

seriously, i dont have an answer...still
_________________
graceful...........not
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 1896
Location: aka The Bionic Woman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I join in too?

I would want someone who knew me/cared about me to ring my dad, as delivering the news face-to-face wouldn't be possible in my case...
_________________
"Take advantage of her being in a wheelchair while you can, mate - 'cos that's the only time you'll be able to push her around!" -Barry H
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJ
©Gok Wan
©Gok Wan


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 15669
Location: The Home Office

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it.

You do mine.
_________________
If the phone doesnít ring, itís me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Firecracker
Mad Squirrel Lady
Mad Squirrel Lady


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 1896
Location: aka The Bionic Woman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.

Will PM you contact info for my dad & sis
_________________
"Take advantage of her being in a wheelchair while you can, mate - 'cos that's the only time you'll be able to push her around!" -Barry H
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Site ideas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group