BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST1100 Pan European rear shock
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I...
Do I just ride the f*cking thing?
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Do I shell out nearly 300 for an OE Honda unit?
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Do I shell out 250 for a Hagon unit?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Do I source a Police HD unit? (no idea where from)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Other (sensible!!) suggestion
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author Message
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 5099
Location: Probably in ya mirror if you bothered to look!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your sorting the rear you might as well change the fork oil to balance it out a bit!
_________________
Speed Limits are Minimums and remember Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one Smile

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found some 2nd hand ones for 85... they are ones removed from police bikes when uprated units were fitted and apparently have done sub 1000 miles...

Sorted.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Found some 2nd hand ones for 85... they are ones removed from police bikes when uprated units were fitted and apparently have done sub 1000 miles...

Sorted.


shock changed for the 85 quid pre enjoyed unit. Difference is amazing! Just realised i've been spanking around with next to no damping now it corners rather than wallows big up hartgate honda for having the s/h ones available Cool 2 Thumbs up . Also took the opportunity to fit the modified lower pin complete with grease nipple - apparently a Rozzers mod. One happy panman. Swap only took half hour too Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it all sorted ok.... dont forget to write in the book though Wink
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SkateKitten
Drag Racer
Drag Racer


Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 578
Location: Surrey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
andjel
TT Racer
TT Racer


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 1070
Location: On my way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear it's all fixed Smile
_________________
Seguy il tuo corso el lashi di lagente

'mothman' - half man, half moth

Success is the result of good judgement. Good judgement is the result of experience. Experience is often the result of bad judgement.

"Ad acta"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut


Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 5394

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got it sorted mate 2 Thumbs up .
_________________
So many roads, so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 4904

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you just need to find a rider for it and it's all sorted Thumbs up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:
Now you just need to find a rider for it and it's all sorted Thumbs up


You volunteering mate? I know how much you love Pans Laughing behind hand Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 4904

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
The Mouse wrote:
Now you just need to find a rider for it and it's all sorted Thumbs up


You volunteering mate? I know how much you love Pans Laughing behind hand Smile


Laughing




tosser
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group