BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B.N.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

B.N.P. On Question time
YES
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
NO
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
I find their views unacceptable, antagonistic and unconstructive for democratic cohesion,

I agree totally with ya there Matt..

However, they do have a democratically elected members in office and they do represent the views of several constituencies. To deny them a voice on Question Time smacks of censorship and is an act of exclusion which is what many criticize them for.

Their views are reprehensible, ill-founded and in my belief no better or worse than those of Nazis. However, the publicity they have been getting over Question Time Im sure has been invaluable in their recruiting, fundraising and campaigning efforts.

The BNP is a party that is becoming more popular as much through hearsay, rumor and conjecture and I believe that the whole nation has heard of them but how many have actually heard then speak. I'd welcome them having the opportunity to look like idiots when sat beside politicians from other parties.

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be allowed equal access to the political table as any other party. The fact that they have won seats should really be a wake up call to the 3 main parties that something is amiss in their respective camps... A point probably missed while they were fiddling their expenses claims... There are some policies that the BNP have that I happen to agree with, likewise, there are some policies from the more mainstream ones I agree with. Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for them, just means that some of what they are saying will no doubt strike a chord with some voters. Still original question, yes, they should be allowed on - give them enough rope and I'm sure they'll hang themselves, ironically, apparently, the picture of the Spitfire they're using is a Polish Spitfire with a Polish pilot Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
ironically, apparently, the picture of the Spitfire they're using is a Polish Spitfire with a Polish pilot Laughing

Now that has made me smile! Twats

(\__/)
(='.'=)
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, 'aunty' has to be politically impartial, so to deny a valid political party equal rights to access to their debate arena would be wrong and against their constitution or charter? TBH, they'd have Gordon Brown on without question, and he's IMO a far bigger w@nker than Nick Griffin, just in different ways...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of this argument will soon be irrelevant since when Labour signs the Lisbon Treaty (and they will) you might as well have Humpty Dumpty running this country (although we have an almost perfect double doing so at the moment) because we won't be governed locally anymore, president Blair will see to that.......
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free country isn't it.....

Isn't it???????????
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
Free country isn't it.....

Isn't it???????????

You poor misled soul........
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
They should be allowed equal access to the political table as any other party. The fact that they have won seats should really be a wake up call to the 3 main parties that something is amiss in their respective camps... A point probably missed while they were fiddling their expenses claims...

Spot on! There is widespread anger against limitless immigration, especially in areas of high unemployment. Many of us who are 50 and above believe this country has been ruined by allowing mass immigration of some of the scum of the earth into this country.

For those who would say "Go somewhere else if you don't like it" I say f%^k off.

The headline yesterday:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8318010.stm

says it all really - mind you what do I care I'll be dead by then Laughing

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all good news for the BNP, no matter what way you look at it.

The publicity that they have had from this is huge, everyone is speaking about the BNP at the moment.

I really hope that he is given a battering on the programme, i hope that he is made to look a complete fool and that the whole thing backfires.

But

Even if it did, it wouldn't matter. Do you honestly think the type of people that want to vote for this clown are going to watch 'question time'? And even if they did watch it, will they understand what is being 'discussed'? No, of course they won't. Generally, the type of people that would vote for him and his party arn't the sharpest tools in the box.

So for Griffin, this is a win win. All the publicity he wants, and it doesn't matter if he looks bad on the programme.

Can you imagine any of these watching 'question time', or looking into the party policies????

BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very cynical view chap. I mean just look at the upstanding citizens in the picture. They're even obeying Health and Safety with the proper PPE.....
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Windy
Just call me Janice...
Just call me Janice...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK is all about free speech and if the BNP are prevented from airing their views, then what's the point of living in a democracy. Regardless of whether you agree with their propaganda, they should be allowed to have their say.
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy Z750 wrote:
The UK is all about free speech and if the BNP are prevented from airing their views, then what's the point of living in a democracy. Regardless of whether you agree with their propaganda, they should be allowed to have their say.

Not at the cost of inciting racism and facism!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Windy
Just call me Janice...
Just call me Janice...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Windy Z750 wrote:

Not at the cost of inciting racism and facism!
that's true Matt and I agree, but don't forget that those dodgy Clerics were let in and they were allowed to spout their waffle and given a virtually free reign to air their views. A few have been banned from entering the UK, but they certainly didn't create as much public outcry as the BNP appearing on question time!
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:
The publicity that they have had from this is huge, everyone is speaking about the BNP at the moment.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

The Mouse wrote:
Even if it did, it wouldn't matter. Do you honestly think the type of people that want to vote for this clown are going to watch 'question time'? And even if they did watch it, will they understand what is being 'discussed'? No, of course they won't. Generally, the type of people that would vote for him and his party arn't the sharpest tools in the box.

So for Griffin, this is a win win. All the publicity he wants, and it doesn't matter if he looks bad on the programme.

Spot on.

If the Save the 2cv party and the monster raving loony party had elected seats in councils/parliaments then they too would be entitled to exposure in the policital arena, the same as the BNP.

Again, I think the other parties need to have a long hard look at themselves to realise why the BNP have gained votes, it's not rocket science ffs... people don't necessarily want the BNP, but most people don't want that caber tossing cnut at number 10 either, so BNP votes are, for the time being "tactical" votes, and to say all those votes were cast by Sun reading thicko's is very unlikely to be true, although, we'd all like to think of all BNP voters to be Dr Marten wearing skinheads, they're not, they have a broad "appeal" across a wide voting demographic, just as any other political party.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they should be allowed on Question time as they are a recognised political party, whether or not people agree with their policies is another matter. They have elected members on some councils so as such they represent a view of some British people.

You might not like them and what they stand for - but hey ho - I don't like what some fanatical Muslium groups stand for - Remember the group in Luton who thought it would be good to demonstrate against returning British war heros??

If you don't agree with their policies then you don't have to vote for them - however they DO represent the views of some people.
southernspeed
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
although, we'd all like to think of all BNP voters to be Dr Marten wearing skinheads, they're not, they have a broad "appeal" across a wide voting demographic, just as any other political party.

I live in Banstead which is one of those very 'white, middle class' villages where the majority of the villagers are at retirement age and therefor war babies. You'd be amazed the amount of people I've spoken to who 'like a lot of there general ideas'.
Flipper said it well.

www.carshaltonmcc.com
www.surreysportsmotorcycles.com
Rossi Bird
Forum Chavette
Forum Chavette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very true, i work with a lot of older people who agree with the general idea of them and what they stand for.

It's a shame we often feel press ganged into being PC because we dont want to look "bad" Rolling Eyes

Whatever paper shuffing cnut gets their own way will ruin what little we have left, It's time for "direct action" i'm afraid.
Suzibabe
Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the recent local/ european elections the only campaigning leaflet that came through the door was the BNP. Rolling Eyes

Also, I'd noticed on Facebook that my friend's son and his mates (all in their early 20s and looking for work) thought that they looked like a good group to vote for because the leaflet had said "British jobs for British workers" not realising the full import of what it meant.
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what do you reckon? - certainly the other panellists had had their researchers do their homework on Nick Griffin for them - he did not come over very well in my opinion - the audience was far from representative of the UK population - very few in the audience were over 50 - it looked like there was a disproportionate number of people from ethnic minorities.

Rent a mob turned up outside Television Centre - much as they would turn up for just about anything.

I do not agree with Mr Griffin on his policies, however if you ask me whether I would like to turn back the clock to the Sixties Britain that I remember I would jump at the opportunity.

What I have observed about this country and its recent Immigration policy is that the rest of us have been brought down to their level - Lowest Common Denominator - the scum rules.

Overcrowding in towns in this country is getting a serious issue - we are struggling to live together in harmony - neighbours don't know each other - people are just downright aggressive - jobs are scarce - the underclass is real (ask GT and Mouse).

We have some serious issues in this country that need to be addressed and until a mainstream party is prepared to tackle some of these issues head on Mr Griffin will continue to get the more votes of disgruntled voters.

Nick Griffins appearance on Question Time was wholly justified in my opinion - he has two elected MEPs. It was refreshing to see democracy at work - all be it with what looked to be a particularly hostile audience.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Dimbleby was a very poor chairman

Nick Griffin does not "spin"

The audience was non-representative

The whole programme seemed to be biased against the BNP

No issues of the day were discussed

Very poor in my opinion - let's bash the BNP

Just my observations after a few glasses of wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the prog was very interesting tonight, but I don't think it has done much damage to the bnp's growing support. The panel and audience was carefully selected, but the plan was almost destroyed by mr straw.
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished watching it now.

Well, he came across as a lying cunt to me. (sorry if i spelt didn't spell that cnut) Hopefully, informed, normal, educated people will see the same.

Did he actually answer any questions correctly? I can't thing of any.

I felt that the muslim tory, can't remember her name, came across very well. I found myself nodding at much of what she said.

Even Jack Straw came across quite well, at the beginning.

I still stand by what I said earlier, even though he came across as a complete lying knobhead, I still think it has done his racist, disgusting party more good than not.

If anything good is to come from this the entire BNP issue, in it's entirity, then it is that the mainstream parties will now look more closely at their immigration policies. Which I think the majority of the country wants addressing.

Is the BNP the answer to this?

Fuck NO

ninjabob wrote:
the underclass is real (ask GT and Mouse).

Yes, absolutely, the underclass is very real. Come to work with me for one day and you will be shocked at the underclass.

But

Would the BNP irradicate this underclass society?

No

The underclass is very much 'white english' just as much as the 'immigrants' that that party targets.

IMO - If you vote for the BNP then you are ill-informed, misguided and your vote has the real danger of not proving a point, as you would probably intend, but voting one of these disgusting people into OUR government

Thats my opinion

And i've had about 5 pints while watching it Laughing
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can make out, a vote for the BNP is a protest vote, pure and simple.
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
As far as I can make out, a vote for the BNP is a protest vote, pure and simple.

Yes, absolutely

But the different between this and, lets say UKIP, is if everyone protests then these fcukers could get in.

Fcuking 'ell, this thread is deep, i'm off to the facebook dribble thread Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: