BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Black Box for cars (and bikes)???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Balck Box for cars a good idea
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Dunno
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't care
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: A Black Box for cars (and bikes)??? Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a good or a bad idea!

I know this is proposed legislation for America but the UK and Euro lobby do tend to take legislative lead from the US in matters Automotive and the data that these things can hold MIGHT end up being used for other purposes and might end up being a tachograph for cars (and Bikes) and used as evidence for other "traffic offenses" if they are fitted.

http://www.dailytech.com/House+Unveils+Draft+Legislation+Forcing+New+Vehicle+Safety+Black+Boxes/article18275.htm

Any opinions people?

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW - I voted no

Anything that than track what I do / where I have been / how fast I have been going can only lead to the data being used for "other" purposes

But then - this is my opinion only

wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
GT
Expert CnutCnut
Expert CnutCnut

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not hard to be tracked, just look at your credit card useage you will have seen all the towns i was in at the weekend, if you had access to it!

But this is different and it will end up being used as a money generator and serves no purpose what so ever to congestion, road fund licence or anything else, it will only criminalise the law abiding in my opinion.

Those that do deserve to be tagged (that really is an oxymoron, because they should all be feckin locked up) get away with breaching the conditions of the tag anyway, so the people there aimed at don't comply, bit like registering your car,taxing insuring and having a licence!!!!! Only the law abiding bother!

This will be a sad day and yes it will stop me purchasing a new vehicle if one is fitted,

Will i retro fit if required by law - No. Who the feck is gonna enforce it!!!!

Bit like the powers that be that want all national speed limits reduced to 50 everywhere, the only reason it hasn't been is due to the police saying they are unable to enforce it!!!!!

Soz Boudicas i'll get off my soapbox but i think all my points are relevant to your thread!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
It's not hard to be tracked, just look at your credit card useage you will have seen all the towns i was in at the weekend, if you had access to it!

But this is different and it will end up being used as a money generator and serves no purpose what so ever to congestion, road fund licence or anything else, it will only criminalise the law abiding in my opinion.

Those that do deserve to be tagged (that really is an oxymoron, because they should all be feckin locked up) get away with breaching the conditions of the tag anyway, so the people there aimed at don't comply, bit like registering your car,taxing insuring and having a licence!!!!! Only the law abiding bother!

This will be a sad day and yes it will stop me purchasing a new vehicle if one is fitted,

Will i retro fit if required by law - No. Who the feck is gonna enforce it!!!!

Bit like the powers that be that want all national speed limits reduced to 50 everywhere, the only reason it hasn't been is due to the police saying they are unable to enforce it!!!!!

Soz Boudicas i'll get off my soapbox but i think all my points are relevant to your thread!
Good points - well made
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with this kind of technology is that if there is a demand for it there will be someone (geeks on the net) who will circumvent the unit very quickly.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:

who the Fcuk are you apologizing to. You put more elequintly excactly how I feel about it.

I'm on the definatly no side for reasons akin to you

the only thing that suprised me is I can still stand as i'm at slappys stag do trying to avoid the granny that's wnkng at me

from a prvious job, I know how this data can
be used

V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
i'm at slappys stag do trying to avoid the granny that's wnkng at me from a prvious job, I know how this data can
be used

erm, just what sort of 'job' are you referring to Laughing

triplejak
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no.

Far too much Big Brother stuff going on as it is.

Eventually we will all be chipped at birth anyway, the present rulers want to monitor our every move, regulate everything that we do - we all need saving from ourselves. Crying or Very sad

They haven't quite got round to banning smoking/listening to music/talking in cars but you can bet its been looked into, and if we had (as GT pointed out) enough cops to enforce the rules and the ability to generate revenue from the hard pressed motorist then the government would force this sort of stuff through.
The Mouse
Forum Ferry Spotter
Forum Ferry Spotter

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
GT wrote:

who the Fcuk are you apologizing to. You put more elequintly excactly how I feel about it.

I'm on the definatly no side for reasons akin to you

the only thing that suprised me is I can still stand as i'm at slappys stag do trying to avoid the granny that's wnkng at me

from a prvious job, I know how this data can
be used

Winking?

she's probably thinking "who is this saddo who is out on a stag do (i'm sure you mentioned it somewhere) at gone midnight and is spending it with his head stuck in a phone, reading and typing shite on the internet I don't know

Nothing personal, just if I was out on the piss the last thing I would be doing is 10 minute updates, and reading 'black box in cars' threads on the internet........different people I suppose

Peace
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Winking?"...............I hope so, because if you replace the other missing letter then said granny was tossing him off.......shudder the thought!!!
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mouse wrote:
.....she's probably thinking "who is this saddo who is out on a stag do (i'm sure you mentioned it somewhere) at gone midnight and is spending it with his head stuck in a phone, reading and typing shite on the internet I don't know Peace

I missed that - where might I find it.....?
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all pink on the inside mate Wink

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: