BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bright Sparks!!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Bright Sparks!! Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get a spark plug cap for a CB1300F3 from?

May sound simple but Dobles reckon a couple of months to get one here, and the after market ones in Hein Gerick aren't long enough and don't seem to have any that are available. No one online seems to list them and I'm getting pissed off now. I mean how hard can it be to buy such a part.

One of mine has a split up it, tried taping it up but as soon as it get really wet it missfires.

So any bright spark able to help return mine Confused
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's sorn if you want to borrow one until one turns up?
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Mine's sorn if you want to borrow one until one turns up?


Ah cheers dude, let me get onto Dobles and see what the score is and I may take you up on the offer if you really don't mind. Just seems crazy that I can't easily track them down
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried David Silver Spares? Not sure what their cut off is now? 2002? Confused
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Tried David Silver Spares? Not sure what their cut off is now? 2002? Confused


yeah tried everywhere like that and some Sad
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2645
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ_DJ wrote:
biggus wrote:
Tried David Silver Spares? Not sure what their cut off is now? 2002? Confused


yeah tried everywhere like that and some Sad


Try tippets honda in surbiton, they are cnuts in my opinion but worth a shot..
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try silicon mastic before taping Wink
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
you could try silicon mastic before taping Wink


I have Evil or Very Mad
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1


Joined: 25 Jun 2004
Posts: 7579

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self Amalgamating tape. Will be waterpoof, also insulates very well too. That'll get you outta the shite.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ_DJ wrote:
MrE wrote:
you could try silicon mastic before taping Wink


I have Evil or Very Mad


but did you allow it to set before applying the tape? otherwise it doesnt set as it has been starved of the oxygen it requires to start the curing process
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
PJ_DJ wrote:
MrE wrote:
you could try silicon mastic before taping Wink


I have Evil or Very Mad


but did you allow it to set before applying the tape? otherwise it doesnt set as it has been starved of the oxygen it requires to start the curing process


Yep, its a big split Evil or Very Mad
Tippets have ordered me one, I'm a bit dubious that it will be there Thursday like they said but we will see
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildman
"Fluffy"



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 2081
Location: Not here!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest as you now have it on order, but did you try Fowlers?
They seem to have most things "on the shelf" and if you call early enough you get it next day.

http://www.fowlershonda.co.uk/parts.html
_________________
The lunatics have finally taken over the asylum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildman wrote:
Just out of interest as you now have it on order, but did you try Fowlers?
They seem to have most things "on the shelf" and if you call early enough you get it next day.

http://www.fowlershonda.co.uk/parts.html


Nope didn't know about em out of my area Confused
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BarryH
Cabbage club member #1
Cabbage club member #1


Joined: 25 Jun 2004
Posts: 7579

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Fowlers. Brilliant service. No more expensive than using a local main Stealer.....
New Speedo cable for the Kruddy Kwak 8 quid, 3 quid P&P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted now, thanks for the info, Tippets came through but I'll remember Fowlers for next time I need something Cool
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2645
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ_DJ wrote:
Sorted now, thanks for the info, Tippets came through but I'll remember Fowlers for next time I need something Cool


2 Thumbs up
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group