BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HJC R-PHA 10 lid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: HJC R-PHA 10 lid Reply with quote

Im pretty sure that's the name of it, unless I was reading the barcode Confused

Tried on loads of lids today in the local stealer. It came down to three, the Arai chaser V, shoei XR1100 and the catchy-named HJC above. I won't bother going through that Arai and the Shoei as I'm pretty sure the biking world is tired of people bleating on about how good they are.

The HJC really impressed me though. Normally I would think of HjC as kinda mid market cheap and cheerful, but this top end lid is excellent. Lovely plush interior, a short profile not dissimilar to the Arai, and, for me, a really snug fit especially round the ears so hopefully reasonably quiet too.

Ventilation at the rear is by two always-open vents, while at the front the chin vent has a nice chunky switch. Top vents can be "dialled in" for different levels of ventilation. Maybe a bit gimmicky but the controls are easy to use even with gloves on. The visor is pin lock ready (I believe it has a new wider fitting for the insert), and the best part for me was the mechanism at the front of the visor, a chunky switch which either cracked the visor a couple of mm or locked it down hard to what appeared to be a really good tight seal.

The thing that most impressed me was the weight, just 1200g for the medium. It's feather light! And yet feels really sturdy and well built. In the box you get a chin curtain, clear visor, pin lock insert and a spare light smoke visor.

If you're in the market for a lid in this price range, the HJC is well, well worth a serious look. They ranged from £279 to £329 depending on which colour power ranger you are, although people have reported being able to pick them up online for as little as £220.

EDIT: just for WD, I didn't actually buy the HTC. Sorry for any confusion. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: