BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Horsham
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toml555
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Location: Horsham, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Hello from Horsham Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm Tom, I'm 24 and I live in Mannings Heath, just outside Horsham. I'm new to the world of bikes, having passed my DAS in July this year.

I've got a Black Suzuki GSX-R 600 L0 (pic below - click for larger pic!) and can often be seen commuting to and from work in London along the M23/A23.

I don't know anyone who rides in/around Horsham so I'm keen to meet up for some weekend riding and maybe doing some track days next year.

Tom

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & Welcome is that a Racefit pipe on the GSXR? Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bumble
Drag Racer
Drag Racer


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 551
Location: tell you when i get there!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh nice bike

hello and welcome,

im in crawley just down the road from you,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tiny
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 10 Dec 2004
Posts: 2519
Location: God's Right Hand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I'm in Horsham.
_________________
I'd rather have a full bottle infront of me, than a full frontal Lobotomy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumble wrote:
im in crawley just down the road from you,


Stalker Wink Laughing
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
toml555
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Location: Horsham, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Biggus - Pipe is an Akrapovic Megaphone. Loud Ti goodness!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 5356
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, see you at Boxhill some time, mines a red bush tea Wink
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bumble
Drag Racer
Drag Racer


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 551
Location: tell you when i get there!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
bumble wrote:
im in crawley just down the road from you,


Stalker Wink Laughing


cheeky sod i am not!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Benny130
Trials Rider
Trials Rider


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 268
Location: West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Also from Horsham Cool Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tom,
Welcome to the family!!! Keep an eye in events and runs theres always rides being posted that you can sign up, also there are a few that do track days too! BTW, nice bike Smile
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 3995
Location: As far away from reality as possible

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Tom

I am from Bracknell which is no where near Horsham
_________________
"Deja Moo" the feeling you have heard this Bullshit before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Horsham



Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Shake on it
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer


Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Posts: 1163
Location: At bloody work probably!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate! I'm looking at hitting some tracks for the first time next year and would be good to have a 'beginners' buddy! Very Happy

Weekend runs may be a little sparse during the winter season but some us do meet up from time to time to tide us over till the better biking months. Look forward to seeing that bike of yours in the metal Cool
_________________
Not man enough for an R1....... FZ1's are cooler anyway Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blonde Banana
Humiliatrix
Humiliatrix


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1519
Location: DSOTM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Waving
_________________
Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction -Marquis de Sade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Lucky7
Learner
Learner


Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Posts: 60
Location: Surrey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tom Shake on it welcome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HCMS
Slack Alice/Gay Martian
Slack Alice/Gay Martian


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 3794
Location: Scratching head at Tusky's hairpin racing line

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waving
_________________
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

100 Mile Cycle for Macmillan on 4th August 13. Please donate if you can!
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PeterSnell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss G
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 1513

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djSharky wrote:
Hi mate! I'm looking at hitting some tracks for the first time next year and would be good to have a 'beginners' buddy! Very Happy



Wot he said.... Laughing
_________________
An open mouth is a straight line to the mind.

Iím impressed, Iíve never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss G wrote:
djSharky wrote:
Hi mate! I'm looking at hitting some tracks for the first time next year and would be good to have a 'beginners' buddy! Very Happy



Wot he said.... Laughing

There are many trackdays companies out there and I'm sure all are very good but from a personal experience I had my first trackday with Rapid Tracks from the riding company Rapid Training, they were absolutely great, we PoshBird (my wife) and I felt really safe even thought we were on a track, they were really protective of the novices. Posh did a second track day with Focus Events and the experience was not so good!!!
Cheers
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
darkdreamsgal
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Posts: 2074
Location: Wimbledon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Waving

summerman wrote:
Miss G wrote:
djSharky wrote:
Hi mate! I'm looking at hitting some tracks for the first time next year and would be good to have a 'beginners' buddy! Very Happy



Wot he said.... Laughing

There are many trackdays companies out there and I'm sure all are very good but from a personal experience I had my first trackday with Rapid Tracks from the riding company Rapid Training, they were absolutely great, we PoshBird (my wife) and I felt really safe even thought we were on a track, they were really protective of the novices. Posh did a second track day with Focus Events and the experience was not so good!!!
Cheers


Me, me, pick me! Razz Seriously, happy to join in on TDs if on weekends Smile

I've enjoyed my European TD experiences with FE, but then I went with them because they're convenient and well-organised. If you're looking for the personal touch or a more 'coached' environment then there are probably others more suitable for you, such as Rapid or even No Limits. However, with anyone other than Rapid, be prepared for the fact that the range of speed / skill in Novices can be very broad, and if they're in Novices then they're probably there because, either or both speed and skill-wise, they're just not quite ready to be moved up to Inters (e.g. they may be fast, but not have the skills to be considerate of others)!
_________________
Baby Biker Babe!

"You must be a lawyer"
"What makes you say that?"
"You've got that sharp, useless look about you"

Yes, they are, and no, you can't Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through Mannings Heath yesterday Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sniff
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Location: West Sussex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I once lived in Horsham BUT live and work from Copthorne, wave as you pass the junction on the M23..... used to instruct for a couple of trackday companies, now only get to work on other peoples bikes :'sob'
_________________
It's all inb the preparation.....
Purple lycra rocks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 1637
Location: "In a microclimate"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, I don't live in horsham, but I know someone who does Smile
_________________
Comfortably Numb

WooHoo, feck you job centre...I'm offski?

"One man can't make a riot, a one man riot is a tantrum"!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from Horsham Reply with quote

Hi Tom

I'm in Crawley, so anytime you want to ride out, shout me!

toml555 wrote:
Hi there,

I'm Tom, I'm 24 and I live in Mannings Heath, just outside Horsham. I'm new to the world of bikes, having passed my DAS in July this year.

I've got a Black Suzuki GSX-R 600 L0 (pic below - click for larger pic!) and can often be seen commuting to and from work in London along the M23/A23.

I don't know anyone who rides in/around Horsham so I'm keen to meet up for some weekend riding and maybe doing some track days next year.

Tom

Back to top
Roughie
Martini Model
Martini Model


Joined: 10 Oct 2004
Posts: 10558
Location: 175lbs down and counting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Merstham
_________________

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Roughiediamond]Click Here to find Roughie on Facebook [/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group