BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Night ride 30th June/1st July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Weekend?
23/24th June
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
30/1st July
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazza wrote:
I havent seen any reports of rain? My weather app says its gonna be dry Very Happy

It may be cloudy, but it looks like it will be dry.
biggus wrote:
Not sure of Jimbo's route... perhaps he could advise if/when the ride would be passing near Reigate?

Sorry, didn't plan to pass Reigate. I will head straight to Blackheath so cannot rendezvous either.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
Hazza wrote:
I havent seen any reports of rain? My weather app says its gonna be dry Very Happy

biggus wrote:
Not sure of Jimbo's route... perhaps he could advise if/when the ride would be passing near Reigate?

Sorry, didn't plan to pass Reigate. I will head straight to Blackheath so cannot rendezvous either.

eh? not taking in the caterham bypass as per the first outing?.....wont be the same without the Hair Raising factor of a poorly lit broken down lorry on a blind bend Laughing
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
JimBo wrote:
Hazza wrote:

biggus wrote:

eh? not taking in the caterham bypass as per the first outing?.....wont be the same without the Hair Raising factor of a poorly lit broken down lorry on a blind bend Laughing

Certainly cured my constipation that bit did

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my veiwing tower that is atop of bluebell hill ( aka the bermuda triangle of kent) we have had on and off cloud cover all day some of it looking laden with yucky wet stuff but has yet to shed any
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:

Aaahhh... memories Cool

MrE wrote:
from my veiwing tower that is atop of bluebell hill ( aka the bermuda triangle of kent) we have had on and off cloud cover all day some of it looking laden with yucky wet stuff but has yet to shed any

Looks like quite heavy rain tomorrow morning, then largely dry through the afternoon and overnight.

Full moon occurs on July 3 so, if clear, we should be able to see where we are going by it's gibbous silvery light, how romantic Kissy kissy !
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
MrE wrote:

Aaahhh... memories Cool

MrE wrote:

Looks like quite heavy rain tomorrow morning, then largely dry through the afternoon and overnight.

Full moon occurs on July 3 so, if clear, we should be able to see where we are going by it's gibbous silvery light, how romantic Kissy kissy !

I am pleased to confirm that at precisely 11 45pm there was a light drizzle over blackheath .....it was at this point my body clock kicked in from a week of weird and wonderful shifts and i decided to double check the forum on my phone......F*ck it....im 24hrs early Shit Happens
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
JimBo wrote:
MrE wrote:

Aaahhh... memories Cool

MrE wrote:

I am pleased to confirm that at precisely 11 45pm there was a light drizzle over blackheath .....it was at this point my body clock kicked in from a week of weird and wonderful shifts and i decided to double check the forum on my phone......F*ck it....im 24hrs early Shit Happens

rolling on the floor laughing

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
F*ck it....im 24hrs early Shit Happens

rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing

I may be old but at least I'm not senile Laughing .
Your original post did have me wondering, but though it was just thoughtful early planning.

Anyway, keep the reports coming Pete. It's looking better for later now than it did last night. It's Weather rain at the moment, but will clear.

Just a reminder folks, I will be leaving Blackheath at midnight, not meeting at midnight.
happy biker happy biker happy biker
Hazza
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
Hazza wrote:

biggus wrote:

That's alright I won't bother coming, as the route seems to be a total secret and don't want to ride all the way back into central London where roads are crap just to meet up and then ride back out again don't make sence. So have a nice ride, total shame as I was lookin forwards to it
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Hazza, it's not meant to be secret from everyone, it's still secret from me! I'm very much a spontaneous person, and I adjust the route according to conditions, so I'm not really sure where we will be passing. I just know I will avoid the A23 area so Reigate is out.

We meet at Blackheath because it's one of the very few 24 hour refreshment places in or around London. Also the membership is spread quite widely, so Blackheath is radially central for most. OK, the roads are not the most interesting, but they are a completely different experience at night, and we will not be on them for very long anyway.

It's a shame you're not coming, but I'm sure we'll meet on a rideout soon.

Incidentally, anyone know of any other 24 hour tea bars? I used to use one on Clapham Common, but I'm a bit worried about hanging around that area at night these days That's gay .
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tea hut is still on chelsea bridge, however night time bike presence is no longer welcome by the police following complaint by residents of the apartments. Crying or Very sad
Hazza
Pedestrian
Pedestrian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
Sorry Hazza, it's not meant to be secret from everyone, it's still secret from me! I'm very much a spontaneous person, and I adjust the route according to conditions, so I'm not really sure where we will be passing. I just know I will avoid the A23 area so Reigate is out.

We meet at Blackheath because it's one of the very few 24 hour refreshment places in or around London. Also the membership is spread quite widely, so Blackheath is radially central for most. OK, the roads are not the most interesting, but they are a completely different experience at night, and we will not be on them for very long anyway.

Incidentally, anyone know of any other 24 hour tea bars? I used to use one on Clapham Common, but I'm a bit worried about hanging around that area at night these days That's gay .

So just making it up as you go along? Would have been nice to know where you was gonna pass the 25 at so I could just met you, I'm not asking for you to go near Reigate but it just makes more sense for me not to go central
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazza wrote:
JimBo wrote:

So just making it up as you go along? Would have been nice to know where you was gonna pass the 25 at so I could just met you, I'm not asking for you to go near Reigate but it just makes more sense for me not to go central

think the answer is already there .....jimbo's rides are notorious for pre ride discussion on route only to see them change midway through as he remembers better roads .....always a pleasure though never a chore
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazza wrote:
So just making it up as you go along?

Why not?

I will PM you my mobile #. PM me yours and if I can estimate where we might be at what time perhaps I can text you as we leave. Only caveat is if you aren't there we won't wait as it would be unfair to those already on the ride.
Lucky7
Learner
Learner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hazza, i'll be leaving from Woking/M25 about 10pm if that helps ya? PM me if you want to meet? Very Happy
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read one of my earlier posts, what the f*ck does "radially central" mean? Embarrassed
Lucky7
Learner
Learner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talking in tongues again jimbo? Lol
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For added excitement dark visors are de rigueur for this run Laughing

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
I've just read one of my earlier posts, what the f*ck does "radially central" mean? Embarrassed

Rhymes with "starburst"

"starburst" to lose everybody on ride out in such a spectacular fashion whereby participants may believe they are each leading their own run.

"starburst" to never see each other again.

"starburst" to end a run prematurely and abruptly without warning or indeed consideration for others.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

Hopefully no starburst tonight, unless we have an exploding meteor Cool .
Rossi Bird
Forum Chavette
Forum Chavette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, Me & the dent on 2 wheels are still pitching up Laughing

Be afraid!!! ect ect........
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi Bird wrote:
Right, Me & the dent on 2 wheels are still pitching up Laughing

Be afraid!!! ect ect........

will get the kettle on for 1030 Have some tea and cake

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm burger.... Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

back through the door at 4am. Thanks for organising & leading Jimbo & thanks also to Wivvy, lucky7, ninjabob, rossi bird & MrE for the company. Nice tour of Kent & East Sussex by moonlight... better than the fog of the last one!!

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 on a night ride Shocked . All my runs will be overnight from now on Laughing .

Thanks to all those who attended, I really enjoyed that happy biker .
As you say Biggus, it was so romantic by moonlight and beats the fog hands down!

Such a nice day now it seems a shame to go to bed, but I've had my Ovaltine so off I go. Night night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: