BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Afternoon Sunday 16 September

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Afternoon Sunday 16 September Reply with quote

This afternoon in fact!

As I'm such a lazy b*st*rd and didn't get up for the morning run anyone around about 1600 for a couple of hours?

Can arrange a meeting point if there is any response, but certainly over my neck of the woods to avoid the Tour of Britain mop up.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancy a meet at the oakdene jim?
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

having spoken to Jimbo i am pleased to announce a 4pm (1600 to the educated...as jimbo would say) meet at the Oakdene cafe for a gentle potter around the lanes.....i say gentle as i have brand new rubber on which has yet to see daylight and i have replaced the fork seals which entailed a FULL strip down of the front forks, and although im not a stranger to a set of spanners its something ive not done before on my own and im a little nervous having read some of the nightmares on the gsx forum regarding new seals popping out.
anyway....all welcome to join us.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just got back from a trip to the mother-in-laws ( Hair Raising ) and a shopping trip ( Hair Raising Hair Raising Hair Raising ) 4pm Razz at The Oakdene it most certainly is.
The cafe closes at 3pm today so no refreshments available.

A gentle potter will suite me just fine, but if your fork seals are going to pop out I think I'll lead . Laughing
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy and Thumbs up started out sedatley along some extremely bumpy roads and once Jim was atisfied my front forks wernt about explode he set about getting our tyres scrubbed in in true jimbo style after that it was progressive riding for the rest of the ride.
fuelling seems to have been sorted now and the 14 pulls like a train again with no stutters, (reckon the tank of injector cleaner didnt do any harm either)......and Jimbo weapon of choice for the evening just about capped it all off for me Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool .....cheers Giblets Wink
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, that was so much fun Cool , and it was so good to see you after so long.
The 14 is looking good, and you looked extremely comfortable on it.

Some of the roads were, errr, interesting, but they certainly gave your forks and my teeth a good workout Shocked .
Some good twisties in there too, amazing what you find when you dive down an unknown road.

MrE wrote:
and Jimbo weapon of choice for the evening just about capped it all off for me Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool .....cheers Giblets Wink

That was the first really good blast I've had on the "new" Raptor. It's a 1000 again, and in red (Italian). Yes, after all these years I've realised what I was missing. I've ridden a good few different motorcycles over the last few months, trying to decide what I was really after. I think the Raptor is the best bike I've ever ridden, as old as it is! It does everything I need from a bike, and more.

So, it's decision time. Which of the other two bikes I own should I keep, if either? Hhhheeeellllppppp!
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lose the RSV and track the SV Jim.....you wont look back ...think of what chuffster achieved on his sv.
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
lose the RSV and track the SV Jim.....you wont look back ...think of what chuffster achieved on his sv.

Hmm.. now there's a thought Jimmy Hill .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: