BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megawatt
Speedway Rider
Speedway Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon a few more posts would help!!! And a bit of interests, ie constructive , not smart arsed, comments, to promote discussion.
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE???? Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
Tusky wrote:
Never fear Cleber...... I could always do one of my infamous Pimms o'clock posts and half the forum will come out of retirement Twisted Evil Laughing

No no no

Smile

Spoil Sport Laughing

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
NAGRALI
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a simple meet up on Sunday. A cuppa & a chat & see what happens?

I don't know anyone so I'll have to wear a carnation Very Happy

Barry
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAGRALI wrote:

There is a Waki run this Sunday leaving from Boxhill, get that carnation ready!

Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
NAGRALI wrote:

Yes but were all going out Sat morning .... Laughing
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm at box on a Friday lunchtime and I'm the only biker there. So it's not just the forums that are quiet.
Simon Smith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChoccieMuffin wrote:
Well I'm at box on a Friday lunchtime and I'm the only biker there. So it's not just the forums that are quiet.

Well I'm not there because I'm at work. Got nothing to do with the fact that it's pissing down Shocked
NAGRALI
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
NAGRALI wrote:

Can you shed some light on what a waki run is? What type of bike would be best suited to one?

Edit - scrub that..... its the run to shorham. Question of what bike would be best suited to riding style? I have GSXR & a wing..... the wing is warmer this time of the year Wink

Barry
Miss G
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cm, if I'd known I would have join you.
NAGRALI, we're meeting up tomorrow morning for coffee, please join us Smile

I’m impressed, I’ve never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.
ChoccieMuffin
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss G, I didn't know I was going - one of those impromptu "well I'm out on the bike, I might as well go for a ride" kind of moments. Lots of things I ought have been doing instead but hey, what do you have a bike for?! Bloomin' thing is absolutely filthy now, so it might even have its second bath in a week!
NAGRALI
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss G wrote:
Cm, if I'd known I would have join you.
NAGRALI, we're meeting up tomorrow morning for coffee, please join us Smile

Miss G - what time will you all be there? I'll try my best to get there Very Happy

Barry
Miss G
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Events and Runs index on a regular basis Smile. ... http://www.boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26990

I’m impressed, I’ve never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.
NAGRALI
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss G wrote:
Check the Events and Runs index on a regular basis Smile. ... http://www.boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26990

Oops I'll consider myself told off.

I'll come on the wing (silver 10 plate) be wearing a white helmet wit NAGRALI on the back & a black jacket with silver sleeves with "Goldwing" on the back....... couldn't get a carnation!! Very Happy

Barry
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a couple of runs in the summer and had a good turnout, however I am now working stupid hours again and can't plan ahead.

There's plenty of good people still on the forum, but sadly few who post or log in. As has been said before, the forum is only as good as its members, and I encourage those who fancy a ride to post up and see what happens...most on here are tolerant and will enjoy the pace and/or personalities. Those who don't play well with others are now long gone, hopefully.

Biggus, is there an anonymous "donate" link on the forum? I'll gladly chip in for hosting space and your time if the offer is there, and if people are interested...
Flipper
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
I don't actually give much of a fuck any more, all I get is shit, no thanks and it costs me money.

Get fed up with people being so negative, I've lost interest in group riding in the most part too.

back to w**king alone then Laughing

I still look in but not often as I've had a year off from biking - back on the road and forum from April 13 - if you've not pulled the plug by then Wink
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
I don't actually give much of a fuck any more, I've lost interest in group riding in the most part too.

summerman wrote:

It is really sad how the "NEGATIVE" mood has taken over completely and this great place is dying way...

moriwaki wrote:
pub night......can be a bit lonely at times though.

JimBo wrote:
You are always welcome on one of my poorly attended rideouts Very Happy .

Loco wrote:
I still believe that it was over sensitive people expecting too much and giving too little I doubt that until the forever unappreciated forum provider finally turns of BHF I will ever truely go away.. (frankly I'm suprised he put up with it as long as he does) .

megawatt wrote:
a bit of interests, ie constructive , not smart arsed, comments, to promote discussion.

nosnowking wrote:
Those who don't play well with others are now long gone, hopefully.

Flipper wrote:
if you've not pulled the plug by then Wink

in just a few comments it appears the plug is on its way out...and the hair left in the hole is all thats going to keep it from dissapearing down the drain ...i think i mentioned a while back but the auto prune has removed it about dwindling numbers quoting most people online making treble figures back in the day.
spats about cliche groups , secret ride outs, whos doing who,rides too fast too slow, behind the scenes he did this, she did that back biting, add the rising cost of fuel and the ever growing attitudes of F*ck the next person i have my own agenda, instead of subscribing to something and sticking with it to the end ...you know the thing....ride out posted ....person posts to attend ....then halfway through decides its not for them and bails, leading to a negative feeling and a starburst before the ride has ended and the organiser wondering if they forgot thier deoderant that morning.
People running to teacher complaining they have read something they dont like.... or Big Cry someone spoiled my thread (really? ...i thought we were adults)
all that and more leaves little to wonder as to why the owner claims not to give a fuck anymore prefering to ride solo and i guess eventually withdrawing the funds keeping this forum afloat and using them instead to persue his own interests ....i wonder how many tours abroad he could have with the extra money?

Personally i have reached the stage where i chose my rides dependant on many things,work,weather,fatigue, time, cost, destination, who else is going,how much whinging has been done on the thread advertising it but in general whether i can be bothered ....ive even considered hanging up the leathers and selling the bikes until a recent ride found i still had something ticking inside.
If it were me id have pulled the plug here long ago and as said before im surprised Duncan hasnt already.
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am glad he hasn't....There is still some life left in BHF yet Wink
Simon Smith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget that it isn't just this forum that's affected, the doom and gloom dep't is active everywhere. Over on the Rosner Rats group there hasn't been a post for three weeks, the last rideout posted was months ago, and the last two rides I organised attracted two others on one and three on the other (only one of which was on a Triumph).

First thing we need to do is protect the forum, things will get better and it's unfair to expect one person to finance everything. On the LR4x4 forum for example members can set up a direct debit and become a supporting member. This works very well and means the forum is safe.

Next we need to get some new blood interested, yes, sad though it is, people do move on, they find new hobbies, get bored or whatever. But how do we attract new members? Well I only found the forum by accident even though I've been going to box on and off for about 15 years. We need to find ways of promoting the forum, and we need to make it look like a good place to be, so no more whingeing OK?

And lastly, when I say we, I mean WE, US, THE MEMBERS. Yes that's all of us, not just leaving it all to one person. I know we are all very busy, but even if you just tell bikers you meet what a great bunch of people are here and one or two join in, you will have done something positive.
Tango

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Smith wrote:
Let's not forget that it isn't just this forum that's affected, the doom and gloom dep't is active everywhere. Over on the Rosner Rats group there hasn't been a post for three weeks, the last rideout posted was months ago, and the last two rides I organised attracted two others on one and three on the other (only one of which was on a Triumph).

First thing we need to do is protect the forum, things will get better and it's unfair to expect one person to finance everything. On the LR4x4 forum for example members can set up a direct debit and become a supporting member. This works very well and means the forum is safe.

Next we need to get some new blood interested, yes, sad though it is, people do move on, they find new hobbies, get bored or whatever. But how do we attract new members? Well I only found the forum by accident even though I've been going to box on and off for about 15 years. We need to find ways of promoting the forum, and we need to make it look like a good place to be, so no more whingeing OK?

And lastly, when I say we, I mean WE, US, THE MEMBERS. Yes that's all of us, not just leaving it all to one person. I know we are all very busy, but even if you just tell bikers you meet what a great bunch of people are here and one or two join in, you will have done something positive.

Well said that man ... 2 Thumbs up
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango wrote:
Simon Smith wrote:

Well said that man ... 2 Thumbs up

Well I'm new to this forum. I don't know the past politics..... don't care about them either.
I have my bikes, want to ride them as often as possible & will start to post if I'm off on a ride.

Anyone that wants to tag along is more than welcome.
I'm even happy to jump in the car to meet up with people for a cuppa & a chat when its not biking weather.

I've always stayed away from clubs because of all the silliness & rules that should be adhered too. I will ride with any like minded person, no matter what bike they have or they're riding style.

Life's too short....... Very Happy

Barry
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAGRALI wrote:

I have my bikes, want to ride them as often as possible & will start to post if I'm off on a ride.

Life's too short....... Very Happy

Sums it all up really, JRTFT & Peace

Simon Smith
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm going out on the bike now, might end up at Box if anyones there, or I might go down to Horsted Keynes and watch a train or two. Too late to post a ride out, but if you see me (white helmet, pale grey gear, Orange tigerXC) feel free to tag along or say Hi!
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the enthusiasm ......but as has been said ...lifes to short and the jump leads have been tried many times. Wink
NAGRALI
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
love the enthusiasm ......but as has been said ...lifes to short and the jump leads have been tried many times. Wink

Well I've been riding all my life & enjoying it without boxhill forum's help. But if I can now make a post & put it out there for others to join in..... ???

If not.... then I've lost nothing, I'll just carry on riding regardless Very Happy

Barry
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAGRALI wrote:
MrE wrote:

Well I've been riding all my life & enjoying it without boxhill forum's help. But if I can now make a post & put it out there for others to join in..... ???

If not.... then I've lost nothing, I'll just carry on riding regardless Very Happy

Amen Very Happy
And should it appeal and the timing be right i shall certainly join you Very Happy Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: