BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I get away with it ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Can I get away with it ? Reply with quote

I need some advice. I was made redundant this week and an extra duty I did was to be a key holder for the whole company and be on call 24hr for the alarm system. It only payed £16.99 per month but was hardly ever called out. I have been asked to carry on with this but they have sent me an invoice template to fill out for their accounts department. Would I get into trouble if I didn't declare this money or would a blind eye be turned for just £16.99 a month ?
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are asking whether you should pay the tax on it, the obvious answer is always stay on the right side of the law, because is 16.99 per month worth sporting a criminal record for? You'd be unlucky if you were audited but you never know, they are supposed to be random and not based on income size but who knows what the tax man is up to... He's a dodgy fcuker.. Laughing

The other answer is... You would like to believe that they have bigger fish to fry and in the grand scheme if of things your small income shouldn't be chased down as fraud/tax evasion etc.
honestly, I've been Dj'ing and working security for a number of years and have 'forgotten' to mention the small amount of extra income... But I have no illusions that if I was ever questioned that small or large, law is law and tax evasion is frowned upon and carries the same cosequences.

So I suppose when it comes down to it... There's one question to ask your self.... Do you feel lucky, punk?! Twisted Evil
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If signing on, I would ask for deferred payment (until you get another job) or claim that you are doing 35 miles per month (50p mile) in your car to check for break-ins and say that it is purely reimbursement for you outlay. Flipper is your man for these sort of questions Wink

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned the company that are paying me and the accountant answered the phone so I asked her. She told me that all I need do is phone the tax office at the end of the tax year and explain that I've earned a little extra money. Perhaps I will claim all of the money when the job ends. Shame they couldn't say it was expenses for supplying the coffee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: