BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bloody Carbs again!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wacko30
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Bloody Carbs again!!! Reply with quote

Im going insane trying to fix the carbs. I have had them off so many times, taken them apart and cleaned nearly everything but yet when i put them on today they were leaking again! Does anyone have any ideas? im close to saying fuck it and taking them down to finns and getting them to fix it.

Here is a link to the video. As you can see its coming from everywhere. I tried letting it run for a few mins to see if it would fix itself but no. It will not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oF1zoDO6RU

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my initial thought was the drains not sealing properly but we've already discussed that Sad . is there a chance that with the work that your mum & jr did that something has been missed or disintegrated like the seals/gaskets on the carb tops??

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wacko30
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. I spoke to fins quickly today and he said it could be the needles are old and hard. Ive found a carb repair kit on eBay but its £16 for EACH carb. I did change all the nuts on the float bowls but the shop only had slightly smaller ones. I made sure they were in nice and tight. Do you think that could have anything to do with it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR-900-RRT-Fireblade-SC33-918cc-1996-Carb-Repair-Kit-/140754990696?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20c5a6b668
megawatt
Speedway Rider
Speedway Rider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see fuel coming outta the main fuel feed pipe, so it's either split or leaking further up, ie the fuel tap. The fuel from the carbs could be the carb breathers between 1&2 and 3&4 carbs. I reckon the float valves are stuck open. Strip em, clean everything especially the float valve needles and seats. If you can't do em , drain em and post em to me.
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megawatt wrote:
I could see fuel coming outta the main fuel feed pipe, so it's either split or leaking further up, ie the fuel tap. The fuel from the carbs could be the carb breathers between 1&2 and 3&4 carbs. I reckon the float valves are stuck open. Strip em, clean everything especially the float valve needles and seats. If you can't do em , drain em and post em to me.

Seconded! Drain them and send them to MegaWatt, others might have other opinions, but I had a bad experiance at Finns who couldn't even change a tyre without screwing it up, so I wouldn't send my carbs to them.. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: